69 David St Brampton ON L6X1J6
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Brampton  >  Special Gas Services Ltd

Reviews for Special Gas Services Ltd

Janie Frank  from Brampton
Janie Frank from Brampton

Installation of furnice, infloor heating in home work shop and emergency service

On one of the hottest Saturdays in July our air conditioning quit! Within an hour the repair was fixed and we were cooling. We were impressed but not surprised. Special Gas has that personal, honest, efficient and effective service which can only be provided by a local family-owned business. Both owner Ted and his employees are connected with and care about their neighbours. Go nowhere else if you live in Peel. Just call Special Gas Services for your HVAC and gas fireplace and BBQ needs.

Gas Line Installation

I finally got fed up with running out of Propane on public holidays and having my BBQ plans ruined. So as I already had a gas line running to the pool house in my yard I asked Special Gas Services to come out and quote me for running a short new line from the existing line to where my new BBQ will go.
A quote was done in a few days and was only $289 which is their minimum charge for this work as it was quite an easy job.
An appointment was set up for the job to be done and they arrived on time (As always) and the work was done quickly, efficiently and properly.
Very happy with the service as always, and a special shout out to the lovely lady in the office who is always a delight to deal with and so nice and friendly.
Great company, will keep using them for my natural gas requirements

Stacy Dignan from Brampton
Stacy Dignan from Brampton

Furnace repair

What a great experience it has been dealing with all the people that make up Special Gas Services, from my initial call to Leigh to the service guys to Ted they have been so professional but more important caring. I can't thank them enough, it's no wonder they have been in business as long as they have!

Deborah Davidson from Mississauga
Deborah Davidson from Mississauga

gas fittings, cleanings

We can rest comfortably knowing knowing our appliances and gas fittings [stove, bbq, 2 fireplaces, furnace] have been properly installed and maintained. Reliable, punctual, friendly, efficient, fast. We recommend highly!

snaikzad in Brampton
snaikzad in Brampton

Furnace and aircondition servicing and Thermostat installation

I called in this company to come and service my furnace and air-conditioner and install a new thermostat. I was told that there would be an extra charge for the installation of the thermostat, which I agreed with. They came in to do the work but when I came in that night, the furnace had stopped working altogether which before that it was working just fine. So I called back to tell them the problem. They sent a second guy who told me that for some very freaky reason some switch had broken inside the furnace and it needs to be fixed and there would be an extra charge for the part. I disagreed with that because I believed during the servicing they broke the switch and after some back and forth he finally agreed that they will fix the problem with no extra charge. This time however, the furnace would not stop running and the inside temperature had gone through the roof. So I called once again and told them the problem. They sent back the two guys who had originally screwed up. They came in and after running up and down for a while told me that they fixed the problem with the furnace but the thermostat, which is brand new is not working and I need to get another thermostat. They almost convinced me to install another thermostat but the blessing in disguise was that they had run out of thermostats and didn't have one to install for me When I came home from work that day, I opened the thermostat and thought to change the batteries because the light on it was pretty dim. As soon as I put on the new batteries, everything lit up and the thermostat started working. I just received another bill yesterday for $124.00 because they are saying that they showed up to fix the thermostat which is simply untrue. I can't believe that a simple installation of a thermostat would cause so much headache, money and time. From my experience, these guys are very unprofessional and inexperienced and have no clue what they are doing. I would never call them again.

Pool Heater Repair

Had a problem with pool heater not working. Had an appointment scheduled for 12-3pm today, however got a call at 9:45 from the technician, Kasper who said he was running early and could come right away.
He spent a long time checking various parts of the pool heater and found a couple of issues. One, with the pressure switch he was able to correct which saved me purchasing a new one but the main control board has died so it needs to be replaced. He spent a long time checking to make sure that was the only problem and was very thorough.
Kasper was outstanding, very friendly, very professional and thorough with his work and did a superb job.
Even called the manufacturer to see if the heater was covered under warranty and took care of ordering the replacement part.
After he left within 15 minutes I had a call to say the part was stocked by their supplier and they could come by Wednesday to fit it.
Very impressed. Its always great to run into companies where customer service is still a priority, and I cannot recommend Special Gas Services highly enough. Fantastic service, all around from booking the appointment to completing the job and all at a very fair price.

Steve from Brampton
Steve from Brampton

Air Conditioner

L6X1J6

Ted, the President, came by and quoted the job and was very helpful with information on some additional add-ons like a humidifier, air cleaner and booster fan. Price was very competitive...the installation guys were great and cleaned up afterwards and Leigh in the office was superb at Customer Service. Would highly recommend Special Gas for any heating and cooling needs. A+++++

roy gudnason from Brampton
roy gudnason from Brampton

Media Air Cleaner

L6X1J6

Company did excellent work, price was very reasonable and they gave senior discount. New system works great. Company installed system very quickly and explained how the new system works. I would definitely recommend this company.

Monika in Mississauga
Monika in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Air Conditioning / Heating Maintenance

I have been dealing with Special Gas Services for over 3 years and I have to admit their customer service is superior and professionalism is rare to find. They are very dedicated to getting work done right the first time and are fair with their price. Kudos to Mike & Leah! Great job guys!

Catarina, Brampton
Catarina, Brampton

Furnace, A/C and Humidifier replacement

L6X1J6

Dealer's rep showed up on time to review requirements. We were able to negotiate a price but only after a phone call to request written quote. Two installers showed up on time. Installation took 1.5 days and they were very professional and cleaned up site and removed all debris. I had requested a couple of changes which were implemented. The head tech demonstrated the thermostat to us upon completion of installation. I would have appreciated a demonstration of the furnace operation but will have to learn that by reading the manual. I am finding the furnace is quite loud coming off of setback but haven't yet identified the problem. Have recommended them to friends who are in the process of negotiating a price.