My wife and I were looking for a custom cabinet solution around our fireplace and we were looking for a contractor to help us execute OUR vision - not THEIR vision. Let me walk you through what happened:
1) We called a lot of contractors to come give us quotes. 90% of the people we reached out too wanted us to send them a picture and then measure for them. I am not a complete moron when it comes to handyman work but I figured this required a bit more finesse.
2) My wife, using Google, found Space Solutions which ended up being a local business and I reached out and connected with Barb. It turns out Barb is the owner of the company and she took the time to make her way to our house, in the middle of the winter, during a snowstorm to get an idea of what we wanted. She took some basic measurements and a week later we got a rough idea of what our project would look like. So far so good!
3) My wife and I got pretty busy and it was tough for us to get a minute to even think about finishing off these cabinets that we wanted for our home. However, on Family Day 2017 (a Holiday) Barb reached out to us and said to come on by her shop at Bayview/Eglinton because she had some work to do and she helped us find the time we needed to make our final decisions (i.e. finishing looks, design of doors, and little things we could not think of). It was on this date that she gave us an installation date of March 21, 2017.
4) A week later a gentleman was scheduled to come by the house at 8am for precise measurements and he was very punctual so that I could wrap that up and head to work. Very efficient!
5) Barb and I spoke a bit after this regarding the details surrounding the length and size of the cabinets and she was ever so helpful in understanding what my vision was. She was accommodating to any question I had so I felt 100% confident our project was on track.
6) I got a phone call from the Space Solutions office a few days before the install date but, as discussed on Family Day, there was an installer named Pat scheduled to come to my house on March 21, 2017. Pat showed up and put together our cabinets and I could not be happier. My wife and I live in a city home so storage is not really a luxury but we now have a lot more space due to this incredible company.
I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for their custom cabinet solutions. I know I will be using them again.