Space Solutions.ca

Closet & Storage Solutions
HomeStars  >  Closet & Storage Solutions in Toronto  >  Space Solutions.ca

Reviews for Space Solutions.ca

Bookshelves and bed platform

In early March I contacted Space Solutions to design and install bookshelves and a platform for a single bed in an alcove in my loft. I wanted something simple and straightforward. Designer Jorgen came to discuss the project, offered some suggestions and sent me a preliminary plan and estimate within a day or so. He quickly accommodated a few changes and special requests I had, revised the estimate and scheduled the installation. Every step of the process was professional and efficient, and the cost was very reasonable. I am thrilled with the result. I will definitely be using Space Solutions again to resolve some other storage needs.

Thank you for the review! We're glad your project worked out, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to Jorgen as well.

Usha in East York
Usha in East York

Murphy Bed and Mattress

We had wonderful service from Space Solutions from the original visit to the store, the measuring and designing by Christopher at our home and from the installation team including Andrew. Plans of the project were sent to us to review and we were able to choose the finish for the doors and shelving.
We checked around for a mattress but decided to purchase one through Space Solutions...it is very comfortable.
There are pictures on Twitter of the bed (both closed and open) and the side cupboards as well as the shelves and the pull out tables that were
designed for the space available in the room.
An excellent and very useful purchase!

Entertainment Unit

Space Solutions did an amazing job creating a large entertainment unit to house our TV. It's given us lots of storage in our small apartment. It looks like it was always meant to be there and has added a lot of value to our unit for potential renters or sale one day. I intend on using Space Solutions for future projects.... custom is really the way to go to take advantage of a small space. The entire team was great and listened to me every step of the way. I highly recommend them!

Thank you for the review! Always glad to hear that a project met/exceeded expectations. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Built-in Desk & Bookshelf

M4G 2K2

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new desk and bookshelf. No more mess, so much space to spread out, easy to stay organized, and I have a place for everything.

A clean desk in a busy life goes a long way. Thanks for all your hard work!

Hi! Thanks for the review. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Complete House Retro-fit for Storeage

M4G 2K2

My husband and I moved into a townhome that had much less storeage than where we were before. The day after we closed on the property - we brought Barb in from Space Solutions and said: take every nook and cranny and build in storeage! She created storeage walls, storeage nooks, storeage under sinks, retrofitted every closet, every drawer in all the bedrooms and kitchen. Barb and her team were nothing short of miraculous! The amazing thing is that the place doesn't look like there is any storeage at all. The storeage has been invisibly integrated into the space. Our home is a showplace of Barb's genious. I offer my home for a show and tell anytime and unreservedly recommend her design expertise, professionalism of her staff, reliability and commitment to getting the job done to completion on time.

Thank you for the review! We'll be sure to share this with Barb. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Lorna in Toronto
Lorna in Toronto

Murphy bed and desk

M4G 2K2

Brian designed a perfect Murphy bed and desk. His suggestions for style and materials was spot on. He took into account our tastes, the style of our basement and our need for storage. After the job was complete, I needed one extra shelf by my printer. No problem - they came and installed. I am impressed with Space Solutions from beginning to end!

Hi Lorna, thank you for the review! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Kathryn in Toronto
Kathryn in Toronto

Basement closet installation (avoiding a larger home reno in the process!)

M4G 2K2

Amazing design service from Barb (the owner) who clearly has a lifetime of practical experience. Very flexible to accommodate design changes. Time from design to installation - 4 weeks. Beautiful and efficient work by the installation team - left cleaner than when they started. Great storage created and basement doesn't even look like a basement !

Hi Kathryn. Thank you for the review! We'll be sure to pass this on to Barb and the installers. A pleasure to work with you, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Samar  in Toronto
Samar in Toronto

Bedroom Walk in Closet

M4G 2K2

Space solutions designed and installed my walk-in closet last month. The design stage went smoothly - Jorgen the designer was a pleasure to work with and the finishes are quite nice. The installation, however, was a disaster. The installer completely destroyed the walls inside my closet when removing the previous fixtures. And instead of stopping and allowing me to get professional plastering/painting done before installation, the installer went ahead and did a poor patch up job and installed the closet fixtures on top of the mess he'd created. When I contacted the company to send pictures and report the issue, they were at first defensive and later sent another installer to "fix" the first installer's mistake but he couldn't really do much other than smooth the walls a bit. Barb the owner of the company told me to cover it up with clothes (which was outrageous!) and that the Designer was at fault for not telling me there is a risk of damage to walls when previous fixtures are removed. She said that if I wanted to pay a professional painter to fix the walls, I could send her the bill and she would deduct it from the designer's pay check. I was so disappointed in her handling of this mishap - she charged me in full for a poor installation service. I had high hopes given the positive reviews this company has received but my interactions with the CEO alone have left such a poor impression (I can't believe she was going to deduct $$ from her designer's pay check!). I would not recommend her company's services based on poor installation AND unacceptable post-install customer service.

Unfortunately, there was certainly a lack of communication here, and that is not the norm. The client should have been advised that like other closet companies in Toronto, we do not provide a patch and paint service. Most customers will arrange to have the closet tearout done in advance and painting complete before our arrival. Because builders use a combination of fasteners and adhesives, removing such materials inevitably leads to damage no matter how much care is taken. We have acknowledged from the outset that our designer did not make this clear, hence our offer to pay for this service should the customer have it done, and our offer still stands. As an alternative, we have been working behind the scenes to find a painter in the hopes of rectifying the situation for the client, and continue to do so.

Sharon D. in Toronto
Sharon D. in Toronto

Home Office/Murphy Bed

I have a small second bedroom in a Condo. I wanted to make it useful for office work and guests. Paulina was great. I didn't have a huge budget and she made it work. Designed, delivered and installed on time as promised. I love it!! Thanks Paulina for the design and thanks to Kevin and Carlos for putting it all together.

Hi Sharon, thank you for the feedback! We're thrilled that you're happy with the results of your project, and will pass this on to our team. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Terry
Terry

Magnificent Built-in Cabinets!

M4G 2K2

My wife and I were looking for a custom cabinet solution around our fireplace and we were looking for a contractor to help us execute OUR vision - not THEIR vision. Let me walk you through what happened:

1) We called a lot of contractors to come give us quotes. 90% of the people we reached out too wanted us to send them a picture and then measure for them. I am not a complete moron when it comes to handyman work but I figured this required a bit more finesse.

2) My wife, using Google, found Space Solutions which ended up being a local business and I reached out and connected with Barb. It turns out Barb is the owner of the company and she took the time to make her way to our house, in the middle of the winter, during a snowstorm to get an idea of what we wanted. She took some basic measurements and a week later we got a rough idea of what our project would look like. So far so good!

3) My wife and I got pretty busy and it was tough for us to get a minute to even think about finishing off these cabinets that we wanted for our home. However, on Family Day 2017 (a Holiday) Barb reached out to us and said to come on by her shop at Bayview/Eglinton because she had some work to do and she helped us find the time we needed to make our final decisions (i.e. finishing looks, design of doors, and little things we could not think of). It was on this date that she gave us an installation date of March 21, 2017.

4) A week later a gentleman was scheduled to come by the house at 8am for precise measurements and he was very punctual so that I could wrap that up and head to work. Very efficient!

5) Barb and I spoke a bit after this regarding the details surrounding the length and size of the cabinets and she was ever so helpful in understanding what my vision was. She was accommodating to any question I had so I felt 100% confident our project was on track.

6) I got a phone call from the Space Solutions office a few days before the install date but, as discussed on Family Day, there was an installer named Pat scheduled to come to my house on March 21, 2017. Pat showed up and put together our cabinets and I could not be happier. My wife and I live in a city home so storage is not really a luxury but we now have a lot more space due to this incredible company.

I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for their custom cabinet solutions. I know I will be using them again.

Hi Terry, thank you for the review! We're happy that you had a great experience with us, and that you're happy with the results. Let us know if you ever need anything else!

More about Space Solutions.ca

Our showroom at Bayview and Eglinton in The Sunnybrook Plaza features examples of closets, home office units, Murphy Beds, wall units and more. We offer a wide range of custom solutions for all areas of the home, including Mudrooms, Laundry Areas, bedrooms, Family Rooms and more.