Space Converters Ltd.

General Contractors
Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Toronto  >  Space Converters Ltd.

Reviews for Space Converters Ltd.

malawi
malawi

Kitchen Renovation, Load Bearing Pillar Removal

Brian was extremely helpful and professional with all our renovation needs.
His team removed three load bearing pillars and ensured the structure and renovation was to our utmost satisfaction. Kitchen was also installed, along with New floors throughout the entire home. Very well done down to the finishing touches. Extremely pleased with Space Converters. We would definitely recommend and call Brian again. Cheers

snmukhtar in Toronto
snmukhtar in Toronto
1 review Milton, ON

Office renovation

I was renovating my office and had only one week to do that. Brian and his team did a great job, and exactly on time as promised. I had a great experience dealing with his team, and would gladly engage them again if I need any additional services from his company

tarabelsito
tarabelsito

Main floor makeover

We recently hired Space Converters to makeover our main floor - new floors, paint, new insulation, new cabinetry.
This was the third time we've hired them to do work for us. I like them because they always give a fair price, always show up when they say they're going to and are easy to get in touch with if you need them.

Basement leak

I called Space Converters Ltd. to investigate a leak in the basement. Adam came next day. Happened to be just loose washer hose. Adam secured the hose and refused to take any payment. Great customer service. Thanks!

Full Kitchen gut Reno

We hired Brian to renovate our kitchen. We checked in with 2 previous references who praised his work as well. We found him helpful in the following ways:
- helped us find ways that we could do some work ourselves to save on costs without compromising results,
- the workmen on the team (specifically brickwork, electrical, plumbing) provided great results and were easy to work with,
- he was responsive to my requests / adjustments and concerns as they came up during the process.
We would hire him again for future projects and recommend him to family & friends.

Buyer Beware of Brian

Don't leave it to this Brian! We hired Brian as we were on a tight schedule and needed help. Sounded simple but it was a very difficult experience. We would not recommend anyone use Space Coverters.

Brian's communication and people skills were terrible. He did not return calls or texts and was very aggressive and childish in his dealings. Many times we were left to wonder when the job would be finished at all and when we confronted him instead of apologizing he would threaten to not finish the job. Very unprofessional and not reasonable. To be honest i think he is passive aggressive because he comes across very nice in the beginning but very difficult at the end. Beware.

I will say that his workers did some good work but there were so many other problems it overshadowed this bright spot. To summarize:

1. We agreed on a start date and the night before Brian demanded payment up front. We were surprised and said no we'd like to pay in installments as the work progresses. That's when he said "well find someone else to do it". This was the first passive aggressive threat and made us very suspicious however we were committed so proceeded.

2. We didn't get anything in writing. This made negotiations very difficult. For example, Brians workers removed 3 electrical units from a wall, which he promised would be replaced. When we asked him about this well into the job he said "i never said that". We were shocked and stuck without documentation.

3. Brian did not provide timelines for when things would be done. We were left for days wondering when the workers would return

4. On the final day the job was not completed but Brian wanted payment and made a scene in our driveway insulting my wife and parents to try and get the final installment (we'd paid 80% already). The problem was he hadn't finished the job but there was no paperwork and Brian was not able to communicate. He literally said "i'm not leaving until i get payment" and sat with his truck in our driveway. Extremely childish. We gave him a final cheque just to get rid of him. Buyer beware of Brian

PAUL VALENTE in Maple
PAUL VALENTE in Maple

custom renovation, including washrooms and kitchen

Space Converters Ltd. and the Owner Brian were great to deal with, even when my wife kept on changing her mind on the finishes, Brian was always very accommodating. The work was very high quality and Brian and his crew are very experienced professionals. I would highly recommend this company if you need a home renovation done right.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

NOT RELIABLE

They did not do their job and once the money was in their hands, my job wasn't important to them. Their response time is ridiculous. A very frustrating experience. I DO NOT recommend this company.

Chris
Chris

Heating

Received a flyer in the mail. Spoke to Mike and he offered great costumer service. Installer was very clean and quick. I am very happy and recommend Convertible to my friends and family

Greg in Toronto
Greg in Toronto

kitchen reno

I have used Space Converters a couple of times. They have always been professional in their work ethic, timely in their service and always available when I have needed them. They will be my first choice for any need that I may have in the future. I have recommended them to many friends!

More about Space Converters Ltd.

Space Converters Ltd. is a leading provider of services such us: Residential Renovations Home Additions Commercial Renovations Property Maintenance Basement, Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling Basement Lowering and Underpinning Residential and Commercial Flooring All Types Whole House Retrofit Laundry Rooms, Nanny Suits, In-law Suits, Accessible Rooms Conversions Designing and Project Management ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?