Sonoma Contracting

Reviews for Sonoma Contracting

Joanna from Toronto
Joanna from Toronto

Basement Renovation

We are so happy we hired Sonoma to renovate the basement of our newly underpinned semi. Mike and Aldo were an absolute pleasure to deal with from start to finish. They handled any challenges promptly, and were flexible and detail oriented. When either of them said "we will take care of it", you could 100% trust that they would deliver. Their trades were experienced, professional and pleasant to have in our home. The workmanship is top notch. Being able to trust both the integrity, and the capabilities of a contractor is invaluable. Renovations can be stressful, and this peace of mind was so important and appreciated. Sonoma exceeded our expectation (I'm a picky customer!) and we would not hesitate to recommend them.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto
1 review Barrie, ON

Basement renovation

Could not have found a better contractor for the job.Mike and his crew were not happy until we were happy,plus they came up with some good ideas. We are very satisfied with the results Thanks Mike

Leanne in Toronto
Leanne in Toronto

Full Basement renovation

We had a GREAT experience with Sonoma Contracting building our basement from the ground up. Mike and Aldo were always so pleasant to deal with and very responsive. They gave us the opportunity to have a very fluid design plan and never batted an eye if we wanted to make changes. Any request, big or small, was always met with a very happy “Whatever you want!” We appreciated this so much because it’s hard to know what the plan on paper will look like in reality. Also, all of Mike’s subcontractors were top notch too. The framers, plumbers, electricians, tile setters, painter, etc were all very professional and great to deal with. We were in very good hands from start to finish and without a doubt would happily enlist Sonoma’s services in the future. If you’re considering hiring them, feel free to ask Mike for our number and we’ll gladly chat with you. Or better yet, come see their work!

David and Martha in Mississauga
David and Martha in Mississauga

Full Renovation of Kitchen and Main Floor

Mike, Aldo and the Sonoma team came well recommended and they earned every bit of it! Their leadership, planning and team of trades people were excellent, timely and excellent value. The people were responsible, did a great job and left a clean job nicely done. Full kitchen demo and reno, walls, floors, electrical and the related activities were done on time and with care. Special thanks to Tony! He's a gem!
We were in a rush and Mike coordinated very well with his people to get it done on time - we moved in for Christmas! Thanks Mike, Aldo, Tony and all! We love our home!!

Andy in Barrie
Andy in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

full basement reno

Generally a very good experience in that the finished product is exactly what we wanted, at a cost we were comfortable with, and was delivered within acceptable time.

One way communication could have been improved right at the outset would be line-item prices for each item in the quote. That would help the customer to make decisions about inclusions/exclusions during planning to budget accurately, and allow the impact of any extras or deletions during the project to be clearly understood before final billing..

Re-work was required in a few instances due to miscommunication. Examples included one wall that was initially painted the wrong colour and stairs that needed to be stained a second colour as well.

Schedule of work subject to last-minute changes but float built into schedule allowed over-all delivery within agreed timelines.

Owner, subcontract trades, and post-reno cleaners were all very pleasant to deal with.

Wendy in Toronto
Wendy in Toronto
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Bedroom & trim painting

Mike was a pleasure to deal with. Normally responded in 24 hours or less. William was the fellow that actually did the painting. 2 coats in the master plus trim. Also did the trim in the bathroom, and a portion of the stucco ceiling. He did a nice, neat job. I'm happy I found Sonoma and wouldn't hesitate to use them again should the need arise.

TW from Toronto
TW from Toronto

Full House Rebuild

We have worked with Sonoma on a few different occasions (from basement reno's to office partition work), with great results. This was by far the most ambitious project. A full gut of a 1920's semi-detached house in midtown Toronto. Any project of this scale is bound to present challenges. Mike and Aldo met these challenges well and with maximum effort. The difference between Sonoma and other contractors is that they use the same team of trades, so accountability (which is most important other than trust and skill IMO) was 100%. The framers alone saved our renovation. Plumbing, electrical, HVAC all top notch. The drywall detail was next level. Great team.

KB
KB

Second time I have used Sonoma

This is the second time I have used Mike and his crew and for obvious reasons. Efficient, organized and ahead of schedule, delivering above my expectations and the end result is of high quality job, adding a considerable amount of financial return to my house and property. I will continue to use Mike and Aldo for all of my construction and renovation needs.

Xavier in Toronto
Xavier in Toronto
2 reviews Barrie, ON

Small basement Job

I needed a few things taken care of in my rental property while I was away for work. Met Mike to go over the details and he was very professional. We had great communication through email and over the phone. My tenants never reported any issues throughout the whole process. I went to inspect the work a few weeks after it was complete and was pleasantly surprised with the attention to detail and the skillful finish. Needless to say I will be calling Sonoma for my next project!

Drywall

We called Mike to install the drywall in our house on the recommendation of a business associate. Mike’s crew worked quickly and efficiently to get the drywall in place. The mudding and taping was done well with a very smooth finish. The ceilings ended up flat and smooth which was impressive in a 100 year old house.
Mike and his crew were able to come up with solutions to may of the quirks of the site. I was a little concerned with the wording of the estimate. There were many exclusions listed but the final price was exactly the number listed in the estimate.
The only negative that I would add was that the final clean-up was not perfect and I was left with a little recycling and some compound I needed to scrape up.
We'll call you if we ever need drywall done again.
Thanks!

More about Sonoma Contracting

Our company is committed in providing quality service with efficiency and cost effectiveness. Upon initial request, our staff will contact you to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs. Meeting you and viewing the job is important to us as it allows us to ensure that we give an accurate assessment and reduces the risk of unforeseen problems or misunderstanding which can affect budget. Once an assessment is performed and all your options are discussed, a quote will be provided within 2 to 5 business days (depending on size of a project).

When you choose Sonama Contracing, we work with you to determine timelines. We understand that you're excited about your project’s completion and that any renovation can disrupt your home or work. For this reason, projects are scheduled and completed as efficiently as possible without compromising quality.

We know that you will be satisfied with our work because we understand that without you and word of mouth…we don’t have a business.