We were in the market to have our old east york basement refinished so that it can be used as a guest suite. After browsing around on homestar for a while, we contacted Mike to come out to give us a quote. Right from the initial meeting, Mike was very professional and treated us with respect. He took measurements and noted what we wanted in our basement remodeling. A few days later he sent over a very detailed line by line estimate of the job.
We had a few negative experiences with some of the larger (well rated) GC companies on homestar that just brushed us off right off the bat. His price estimate was in the same ballpark as some of the other ones we've received so we went with him because of his professionalism.
What we wanted:
Widen the staircase so we can fit 24" washer dryer units in.
Put in a new bathroom
New laundry room
We were also under a 2 month time line.
Based on our requirements he gave us helpful input on our vision for the new basement.
Along the way we decided to add a few things to the project and Mike’s crew gave us very reasonable prices for the add-ons.
Overall we had a very positive experience working with Sonoma contracting Inc and would recommend them.
- Handled the permits and inspection process
- Very responsive to our requests
- Polite and respectful crews
- Mike if very personable
- Made sure any concerns we had were addressed to our satisfaction
- Final cleaning service was very good.
- good quality work for all the finishes: tiles, painting, trims, doors etc.
- Sometimes things happen last minute without much heads up time.
- There were some lulls in the project where we had to ask Mike for status updates
- Had to remind the crew to put up a plastic tarp so that dust didn't get all over the house
- miscommunication about leaving the home overnight while the spray insulation off-gassed