Sonoma Contracting

HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Barrie  >  Sonoma Contracting

Reviews for Sonoma Contracting

Lise McCourt in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Working with Mike Flammia and his team was a real pleasure. We hired Sonoma Contracting in the summer to finish our basement and have it ready in time for Christmas. The different crews worked evenings and weekends to make sure that they met our deadline. The crews that Mike brought in were true craftsmen in their trades. We were impressed with the quality of their work, their professionalism and commitment to giving us exactly what we wanted. I would recommend Sonoma Contracting and Mike Flammia to anyone who has a renovation in plan. We loved them so much, we asked them to come back to renovate our master suite!

John and Sheena in Vaughan

We highly recommend Mike and his team to do your renovation work! We are very satisfied with the beautiful look of our new basement. Lots of time and attention went to making sure that we were highly satisfied with all of the finishing touches. Mike is very easy to get along with and always goes the extra mile.

Mike and his team were amazing! We had an extremely complex project (renovating our basement and second floor only, leaving main floor mostly untouched) and the scope expanded beyond what we originally requested, yet Mike and his team miraculously managed to meet the deadline within one week. Mike was also incredibly upfront about all costs, providing a very detailed estimate at the beginning and keeping us apprised of additional costs as soon as they arose. Each member of his team was lovely to interact with, and tolerated so many requests for change without complaint. My husband and I are so pleased with the finished product, and would highly recommend Mike. He is a contractor who is able to deliver both on time and on budget.

We initially hired Mike and Sonoma to build a master ensuite bathroom on the strength of the very positive reviews on HomeStars. We were very happy with the results and the way Mike's team worked and delivered the job.
When we finally took the plunge and decided to renovate our very dated 1970's era basement, we hired Sonoma to completely gut and modernize the dark and drafty basement. The job involved demoing the existing basement down to the cement walls, framing, spray foam insulation, flooring, electrical/lighting, new bathroom, fireplace, laundry room, furnace, a gym, well, you get the idea. Mike, Aldo, Louie, Tony, Marco, Alex and all the guys did a great job offering ideas and dealing with the usual unexpected issues. Mike's mandate is to make sure the homeowner is always happy and he delivered on that promise. Sonoma has earned my highest recommendation.

Joe DG

I have just completed a renovation to two bathrooms at my home. Sonoma Contracting did an excellent job. Mike and Aldo always were available all along the job to make sure that things went just perfectly. They promptly returned all phone calls, and provided solutions to all my questions. I have to say I was very impressed with their service, and quality of the trades they used.

I would have no hesitation to recommend them to anybody.

S.R in Toronto

This is a great company and all of the trades people were real professionals and craftsmen. They did a great job turning my 100+ year old home into something that was modern but also kept the charm. Mike was the first person to provide a quote and it was the most competitive. He was honest, kept me in the loop, did a great job with the city and inspections and understood my vision. He said it would take 4 months and it did (there was a 2 week delay but that was my fault not theirs). All the trades people answered my questions and I always felt at ease. I have had bad experiences in the past but this was quite stress free. I tried to give a 9.5 but I can't seem to. My only suggestion for anyone going through a reno is to have a bit extra in your budget for your personal upgrades. I had some requests and they did a great job along the way of accommodating my upgrades.

Jeff

Mike exceeded our expectations on all aspects of the reno. The job was completed on budget & managed to provide us a finished product that includes everything on our wish list including additional storage. He was very flexible & helpful throughout the design & made sure that every detail was taken care of and made right. Would very highly recommend his team.

Jason in Toronto, ON

My apologies to Mike, as this review has taken us almost three years to write! Mike and his crew completed a complete underpinning and rebuild of our basement. Throughout the process, Mike was outstanding to deal with and was always able to provide us with design suggestions. The work was completed on time and within budget and the end result is an amazing space. Highly recommended for large scale jobs!

Mike and his crew helped me with a complete basement renovation. I started out with a musty basement and his company transformed it into a very warm and wonderful living space. They first dropped the floor and gutted the basement right down to the studs. They also had to replace all water, sewage etc. piping and electrical work. Everything had to be changed in order to bring this basement up to code.

Thank you Mike for all your hard work.

Sakina

@charlestam
6 reviews Aurora, ON

Mike and his team of miracle workers were able to turn our dusty basement into an amazing play area for the kids (and play area for the kids at heart aka. mom and dad). I'd highly recommend Mike (Sonoma Contracting Ltd) for his attentive approach, flexibility and ability to visualize the most optimal solution (re-routing HVAC to get more space for example). Be sure to ask Mike first for any potential pros/cons of "design ideas" that you may have in mind (i.e. glass tiles crack and are a pain to replace, some flooring choices will warp from the water in a mop, other flooring choices are surprisingly fragile, etc.) and Mike was also fantastic at coordinating the necessary permits and inspections. He's 100% above-board, knowledgeable, experienced, trustworthy and committed, so go ask Mike! I highly recommend Mike et al. for their attention to scheduling, quality, and detail. A++

More about Sonoma Contracting

Our company is committed in providing quality service with efficiency and cost effectiveness. Upon initial request, our staff will contact you to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs. Meeting you and viewing the job is important to us as it allows us to ensure that we give an accurate assessment and reduces the risk of unforeseen problems or misunderstanding which can affect budget. Once an assessment is performed and all your options are discussed, a quote will be provided within 2 to 5 business days (depending on size of a project).

When you choose Sonama Contracing, we work with you to determine timelines. We understand that you're excited about your project’s completion and that any renovation can disrupt your home or work. For this reason, projects are scheduled and completed as efficiently as possible without compromising quality.

We know that you will be satisfied with our work because we understand that without you and word of mouth…we don’t have a business.