Sonoma Contracting

Basement Renovation
39 Commonwealth Rd Barrie ON L4M OE1
HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Barrie  >  Sonoma Contracting
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Sonoma Contracting

S.R in Toronto

This is a great company and all of the trades people were real professionals and craftsmen. They did a great job turning my 100+ year old home into something that was modern but also kept the charm. Mike was the first person to provide a quote and it was the most competitive. He was honest, kept me in the loop, did a great job with the city and inspections and understood my vision. He said it would take 4 months and it did (there was a 2 week delay but that was my fault not theirs). All the trades people answered my questions and I always felt at ease. I have had bad experiences in the past but this was quite stress free. I tried to give a 9.5 but I can't seem to. My only suggestion for anyone going through a reno is to have a bit extra in your budget for your personal upgrades. I had some requests and they did a great job along the way of accommodating my upgrades.

Jeff

Mike exceeded our expectations on all aspects of the reno. The job was completed on budget & managed to provide us a finished product that includes everything on our wish list including additional storage. He was very flexible & helpful throughout the design & made sure that every detail was taken care of and made right. Would very highly recommend his team.

Jason in Toronto, ON

My apologies to Mike, as this review has taken us almost three years to write! Mike and his crew completed a complete underpinning and rebuild of our basement. Throughout the process, Mike was outstanding to deal with and was always able to provide us with design suggestions. The work was completed on time and within budget and the end result is an amazing space. Highly recommended for large scale jobs!

Job Price

Mike and his crew helped me with a complete basement renovation. I started out with a musty basement and his company transformed it into a very warm and wonderful living space. They first dropped the floor and gutted the basement right down to the studs. They also had to replace all water, sewage etc. piping and electrical work. Everything had to be changed in order to bring this basement up to code.

Thank you Mike for all your hard work.

Sakina

@charlestam
6 reviews Aurora, ON

Mike and his team of miracle workers were able to turn our dusty basement into an amazing play area for the kids (and play area for the kids at heart aka. mom and dad). I'd highly recommend Mike (Sonoma Contracting Ltd) for his attentive approach, flexibility and ability to visualize the most optimal solution (re-routing HVAC to get more space for example). Be sure to ask Mike first for any potential pros/cons of "design ideas" that you may have in mind (i.e. glass tiles crack and are a pain to replace, some flooring choices will warp from the water in a mop, other flooring choices are surprisingly fragile, etc.) and Mike was also fantastic at coordinating the necessary permits and inspections. He's 100% above-board, knowledgeable, experienced, trustworthy and committed, so go ask Mike! I highly recommend Mike et al. for their attention to scheduling, quality, and detail. A++

Job Price

Mike and his team did a full house renovation for us this year. They were wonderful to work with from start to finish. They were reliable, great with communication and did fantastic work. The house looks AMAZING!
We don't hesitate to recommend Sonoma to anyone and hope to work with them again soon.

Rachel in Toronto

After hearing so many horror stories regarding contractors and renovations in general, I was really apprehensive about going forward with my basement project. I'm happy to share that I lucked out in my choice of contractors and had a great experience with Sonoma.

Mike and Aldo did a wonderful job and I'm loving my basement! Not only are they reliable and fun to work with, they would offer suggestions on improving existing plans and these went a long way in enhancing the functionality of the living space. In some cases, they've even brought up minor flaws that I've missed and worked to resolve any issues to ensure that I was satisfied with the outcome.

These guys went above and beyond... Mike and Aldo - know that you're the only contractors that I'll turn to when it comes time to redo the rest of the house!

1 review King City, ON

Mike and his team are excellent! All very well experienced professionals doing great work--each and every one of them were fantastic. I highly recommend Mike and his team. How does this co have so many high ratings? They are great. I didn't know them before I read about them here. Yes, they are that good. Thanks guys! :) P.

Mike G in Barrie

We hired Mike Flammia and his team to finish our basement, as he had finished my parents' basement several years prior.
We were very pleased with Mike and his team's personal attention and suggestions to deal with specific issues (such as low ceiling combined with non-ideal HVAC layout in our case), and flexibility on certain decisions as the project progressed. The work moved along at a quick and dedicated pace. Mike and his team were also responsive in addressing our questions and concerns. I would not hesitate to recommend Sonoma Contracting to others.

George

We had employed Sonoma a couple of years ago to finish our basement and were so happy with the whole experience that we decided to use Sonoma again to build a fence along our property line and repave part of our driveway. We needed to use someone we could trust because it was not a straightforward job: part of the fence was along the concrete pad where our (now demolished) garage used to stand, so the fence posts could not be buried in the ground, but needed to be attached to the pad. Sonoma’s owner, Mike Flammia, came out and measured and he and I talked about what we wanted the fence to look like. He also measured the area of asphalt that needed to be excavated and replaced. A few days later, we got a quote that was about what we expected to pay, and booked in the work. Everything went smoothly: Chris carried out the driveway repaving quickly and without any problems and then the wood was delivered, the fence post holes dug, and Aldo and Tony built the fence over the course of a couple of days. As with the basement, we are very happy with the whole interaction and the finished product is even better than we had hoped and Sonoma had no problems with our little idiosyncrasy - leaving the fence posts much higher than is usual.

More about Sonoma Contracting

Our company is committed in providing quality service with efficiency and cost effectiveness. Upon initial request, our staff will contact you to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs. Meeting you and viewing the job is important to us as it allows us to ensure that we give an accurate assessment and reduces the risk of unforeseen problems or misunderstanding which can affect budget. Once an assessment is performed and all your options are discussed, a quote will be provided within 2 to 5 business days (depending on size of a project).

When you choose Sonama Contracing, we work with you to determine timelines. We understand that you're excited about your project’s completion and that any renovation can disrupt your home or work. For this reason, projects are scheduled and completed as efficiently as possible without compromising quality.

We know that you will be satisfied with our work because we understand that without you and word of mouth…we don’t have a business.