Sonoma Contracting

Wendy in Toronto
Wendy in Toronto
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Bedroom & trim painting

Mike was a pleasure to deal with. Normally responded in 24 hours or less. William was the fellow that actually did the painting. 2 coats in the master plus trim. Also did the trim in the bathroom, and a portion of the stucco ceiling. He did a nice, neat job. I'm happy I found Sonoma and wouldn't hesitate to use them again should the need arise.

TW from Toronto
TW from Toronto

Full House Rebuild

We have worked with Sonoma on a few different occasions (from basement reno's to office partition work), with great results. This was by far the most ambitious project. A full gut of a 1920's semi-detached house in midtown Toronto. Any project of this scale is bound to present challenges. Mike and Aldo met these challenges well and with maximum effort. The difference between Sonoma and other contractors is that they use the same team of trades, so accountability (which is most important other than trust and skill IMO) was 100%. The framers alone saved our renovation. Plumbing, electrical, HVAC all top notch. The drywall detail was next level. Great team.

KB
KB

Second time I have used Sonoma

This is the second time I have used Mike and his crew and for obvious reasons. Efficient, organized and ahead of schedule, delivering above my expectations and the end result is of high quality job, adding a considerable amount of financial return to my house and property. I will continue to use Mike and Aldo for all of my construction and renovation needs.

Xavier in Toronto

416-451-4499
49 Belwood Blvd
Vaughan
L4K

I needed a few things taken care of in my rental property while I was away for work. Met Mike to go over the details and he was very professional. We had great communication through email and over the phone. My tenants never reported any issues throughout the whole process. I went to inspect the work a few weeks after it was complete and was pleasantly surprised with the attention to detail and the skillful finish. Needless to say I will be calling Sonoma for my next project!

Drywall

We called Mike to install the drywall in our house on the recommendation of a business associate. Mike’s crew worked quickly and efficiently to get the drywall in place. The mudding and taping was done well with a very smooth finish. The ceilings ended up flat and smooth which was impressive in a 100 year old house.
Mike and his crew were able to come up with solutions to may of the quirks of the site. I was a little concerned with the wording of the estimate. There were many exclusions listed but the final price was exactly the number listed in the estimate.
The only negative that I would add was that the final clean-up was not perfect and I was left with a little recycling and some compound I needed to scrape up.
We'll call you if we ever need drywall done again.
Thanks!

Two Income Suites Basement Renovation

Mike/Aldo and their crew are phenomenal. After having a bad experience in the past dealing with other general contractors I can say these guys actually take pride in their work and don't cut corners. They do what they say and are honest every step of the way. I worked with them over a period of 8 months and the two basement income suites came out perfect. The job required a new concrete slab, in floor radiant heating, two bathrooms, two laundry rooms, four bedrooms, two kitchens ect. Use of space and finished quality is exactly what I was looking for. I have already referred others to Sonoma Contracting.

Lise McCourt in Barrie
Lise McCourt in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Basement Renovation

Working with Mike Flammia and his team was a real pleasure. We hired Sonoma Contracting in the summer to finish our basement and have it ready in time for Christmas. The different crews worked evenings and weekends to make sure that they met our deadline. The crews that Mike brought in were true craftsmen in their trades. We were impressed with the quality of their work, their professionalism and commitment to giving us exactly what we wanted. I would recommend Sonoma Contracting and Mike Flammia to anyone who has a renovation in plan. We loved them so much, we asked them to come back to renovate our master suite!

John and Sheena in Vaughan
John and Sheena in Vaughan

Basement Renovation

We highly recommend Mike and his team to do your renovation work! We are very satisfied with the beautiful look of our new basement. Lots of time and attention went to making sure that we were highly satisfied with all of the finishing touches. Mike is very easy to get along with and always goes the extra mile.

Basement and second floor reno

Mike and his team were amazing! We had an extremely complex project (renovating our basement and second floor only, leaving main floor mostly untouched) and the scope expanded beyond what we originally requested, yet Mike and his team miraculously managed to meet the deadline within one week. Mike was also incredibly upfront about all costs, providing a very detailed estimate at the beginning and keeping us apprised of additional costs as soon as they arose. Each member of his team was lovely to interact with, and tolerated so many requests for change without complaint. My husband and I are so pleased with the finished product, and would highly recommend Mike. He is a contractor who is able to deliver both on time and on budget.

Full Basement Renovation

We initially hired Mike and Sonoma to build a master ensuite bathroom on the strength of the very positive reviews on HomeStars. We were very happy with the results and the way Mike's team worked and delivered the job.
When we finally took the plunge and decided to renovate our very dated 1970's era basement, we hired Sonoma to completely gut and modernize the dark and drafty basement. The job involved demoing the existing basement down to the cement walls, framing, spray foam insulation, flooring, electrical/lighting, new bathroom, fireplace, laundry room, furnace, a gym, well, you get the idea. Mike, Aldo, Louie, Tony, Marco, Alex and all the guys did a great job offering ideas and dealing with the usual unexpected issues. Mike's mandate is to make sure the homeowner is always happy and he delivered on that promise. Sonoma has earned my highest recommendation.

More about Sonoma Contracting

Our company is committed in providing quality service with efficiency and cost effectiveness. Upon initial request, our staff will contact you to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs. Meeting you and viewing the job is important to us as it allows us to ensure that we give an accurate assessment and reduces the risk of unforeseen problems or misunderstanding which can affect budget. Once an assessment is performed and all your options are discussed, a quote will be provided within 2 to 5 business days (depending on size of a project).

When you choose Sonama Contracing, we work with you to determine timelines. We understand that you're excited about your project’s completion and that any renovation can disrupt your home or work. For this reason, projects are scheduled and completed as efficiently as possible without compromising quality.

We know that you will be satisfied with our work because we understand that without you and word of mouth…we don’t have a business.