Solmar Development Corp

122 Romina Dr Vaughan ON L4K 4Z7
Solmar Development Corp

Reviews for Solmar Development Corp

Private User reviews Niagara On The Lake, ON

I am very satisfied with my Solmar home

My new home built by Solmar in Niagara on the Lake is exactly as I expected. Solmar's construction team has proven that they are committed to providing after sales service to ensure that my expectations are met. From the overall design to the finishes I am pleased with the final product and the location is beautiful. Thank you Solmar!

Tessa in Vaughan
Tessa in Vaughan

Solmar Park Avenue Place

I purchased a condo unit and like many others have said, I am disgusted by their lack of customer service. Once you purchase they are annoyed if you ask ANY questions. My unit will be delayed and I first became aware of this on a third party website. I called to inquire and the salesperson was quite snippy. They’ve taken the joy out of purchasing and have left me in the dark about when construction will begin and when I can expect completion. They are very business minded - they’re out to sell and they don’t care about you once they have that signed contract. Beware!

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Very disappointed

I would never recommend Solmar Homes to anyone looking to purchase.
Their customer service is terrible. They are untruthful and will honor anything that is not stated in the purchase contract. Even if it was in a flyer they gave you at their grand opening at their presentation center. Even if you can prove it in the flyer and on the sign. MAKE SURE IT IS IN YOUR CONTRACT!!!!
They made our first home buying experience very bad. We were delayed numerous times. We were notified 20 days before our firm closing date for another delay. Only plus side to that was the compensation payout which they did not make it easy for us to get. They do not return phone call or emails in a timely manor.
They will not honor any repairs to missing shingles a year and a half after owning they home even if their home owners manual states 2 years.
Their lack of empathy and lack of after purchase customer service is very poor to none.
All in all a very bad experience. Solmar took away from us the excitement and joy out of purchasing our first home. that we work so hard to purchase.
Buyer beware.
Read the rest of the comments. Wish we had before we bought with them
Bradford Parkview Heights

New home

After searching for a house and the perfect place to retire, I've finally found it. Solmar's homes in Niagara-on-the-Lake offer exactly what I'm looking for! The standard interior finishes are beyond what I expected and the location is perfect for me. I'm excited to live in a beautiful community of homes built by a company with a long history. From the start I felt comfortable entering the sales centre and the entire process has been great. Can't wait to move in!

saveNOTLfromSolmar in Niagara On The Lake
saveNOTLfromSolmar in Niagara On The Lake
1 review Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

The Cannery development

About 1.5 years ago we toured The Cannery model homes. Absolute garbage. You couldn't pay me to but one of these cheap, ugly homes. The finishes were the cheapest I have seen. What a disgrace to the area.
I truly feel sorry for anyone who has purchased one of these homes from Solmar.

JPloves in Niagara-on-the-lake
JPloves in Niagara-on-the-lake
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Niagara-on-the-lake

My story is a repeat of the other reviews. I should have read them and taken them seriously. Do not buy Solmar, poor quality, poor workmanship, overpriced (at least double) upgrades, won't show up for repairs, you will need help from a lawyer to get action, rude, complete lack of communication with design team to actual work site. Kept stalling with appointments (the list goes on) Save yourself the nightmare and buy from someone else!

WARNING! There are lots of builders out there so move on!

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Home

I bought a home in Bradford West Gwlimbury, and after a few months of buying the home, problems kept sprouting up. Leaking basement, leaky roof, poor quality floors, and bad layout. I do not recommend any home built by Solmar AT ALL. It may look good, but later on, it will be stressful.

Disappointed in Bradford
Disappointed in Bradford
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

NEVER Buy from Solmar. You Will Regret it. WORST Experience EVER!

We were first time home buyers when we bought with Solmar. People we knew advised against us going with Solmar but we figured it couldn't be THAT bad.

It definitely was.

The house wasn't even anywhere near finished for our pre-delivery inspection. Holes in walls, paint patches, cracked tile ... You name it. We were taking over the house that week so we had to take time off work to schedule THEIR GUYS to come in and fix everything that should've been completed before hand. To top it off, the design team doesn't communicate with the builder. So any extras you get, MAKE SURE they write it down as Solmar will tell you that YOU are the one that is wrong.

We extended our kitchen ($4000 later) which was marked in the drawing but they said it wasn't marked by THEIR DESIGNER "properly". We brought it to our lawyer who said it was perfectly clear and he wrote a letter to Solmar in that regard. Only THEN did they agree to fix it (after telling us numerous times it was our fault).

THEN we had to chase after them for OVER A YEAR to fix the sump pump in the back as they just left it flowing in the backyard creating massive puddles, going into the basement window, and making a breeding ground for mosquitos. The town of Bradford had to get involved because it was such a mess.

A month after they completed it, we are STILL waiting for grass to finish the backyard.

I am begging you. Please do not ever purchase from Solmar. Our neighbours have had worse things like floods and leaks from the roof. Everyone in our sub division has had issues with them and they just keep getting away with it.

Do not use Solmar unless you want to spend the first 3 years of your life in your new home fighting with them to set dates to FIX THEIR SCREW-UPS for what your HARD EARNED MONEY has rightfully paid for.

WORST. COMPANY. EVER.

Private User reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Horrible

Horrible customer service, rude and unprofessional. Extremely poor workmanship and product quality. Lack of empathy for delays or mistakes made. Missed items on their original floor plan. Poor work throughout.

More about Solmar Development Corp

For over 29 years, Solmar has led the way in building exquisite single family and condominium communities as well as exceptional commercial properties in prime locations across the Greater Toronto Area.

Distinguished by timeless elegance, sophisticated interior designs and meticulous attention to detail, every Solmar community is a dedication to quality living. Our residential communities are rich in character and personality, imbued with old world values and new age efficiencies. Classic in appeal, yet modern in outlook, a Solmar community is a benchmark of quality that exceeds expectations.

Our Commitment

QUALITY
To focus on achieving the highest standards of quality in everything we do.

INTEGRITY
To conduct ourselves with uncompromising integrity and honesty as individuals.

PASSION
To approach every task with positive energy, motivation and enthusiasm.

LEADERSHIP
To scale new heights of excellence and set new standards for others to follow