Solace Home Comfort

Ken B in Coquitlam
Ken B in Coquitlam
2 reviews Port Coquitlam, BC

Two gas fireplaces

We are very pleased with the installation of two gas fireplaces. Mike coordinated the installation with our contractor and all went very smoothly. Good workmanship. A knowledgeable and professional firm to deal with.

Yvonne in Toronto
Yvonne in Toronto
1 review Vancouver, BC

furnace servicing

I used this company for several years to do the annual furnace serving. I didn't mind paying the higher cost they charged because I trusted them. They charge a flat fee to come and then additional charges for each 15 minute interval. The guy did the servicing and then sat in his truck for 15 minutes and charged me for those 15 minutes. Trust GONE.

User
User
3 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Installed new trim and servicing for Valor Fireplace

Bought a trim to be fitted on our Valor fireplace - cost $299 and Jeff (the owner) told us this could be fitted while having the fireplace serviced for $149. I thought total price would be approx. $500.

What they didn't explain was that the $149 servicing quoted was this was only for an hours worth of time and 30 minutes of this was for "travel time" (even though he lived a few roads away). At the end of the service, Bill (the service guy) produced a bill for over $900! He charged for 2.5hrs - his cost is $35 per 15 minutes plus GST!

Bill was also very rude and complained that his drink wasn't cold enough and needed ice. He didn't show up with a lot of tools - i.e. the magnet was off the fireplace door and he didn't have glue to put it back on so I still need to fix that. He also regaled tales of how he had used other owners vacuum cleaners as he didn't want to clean fireplaces with his own vacuum and how he had ruined carpets and clothes at other customers etc.

I complained to Jeff the owner, he said he would get back to me and then never did.

If you use this company be very careful and make sure all costs are outlined at the start. I felt like I had been taken advantage of. I would make sure you don't get the same service guy I did (Bill).

I would not recommend this company to anyone.

John from North Vancouver
John from North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Valor Legend

About two years ago we purchased a Valor G3.5 Legend fireplace insert from Home Comfort in Burnaby. The insert is very handsome and really pumps out the BTUs but the technology that Valor is using to run it is lacking.We're on our third hand held remote and our second remote receiver all in two years! But the service and follow up we received from Solace can't be beat, they're terrific. Asked, in hind sight, if we would repeat the experience there's no question about Solace but we'd have to think twice about the Valor Legend series.

Terri in Langley
Terri in Langley
10 reviews Langley, BC

new furnance installation

We had this company service our old furnace and were very pleased with the service. When our old furnance died we went with this company to get a new one installed. They managed to fit us in fairly quickly and promised that it would be a two day job.The salesman was great but the install dragged out to three days. By this point we had been without heat for a week. We were unhappy with the installer's lack of urgency to get our heat back on in the wintertime.

Cameron Mitchell from Vancouver
Cameron Mitchell from Vancouver
7 reviews Vancouver, BC

New Furnace Installation

From the word go, Solace Homeworks was a delight to deal with. Their estimator was professional, thorough and detailed and the installers were courteous, tidy and really good at what they do. If you are in need of a new furnace I highly recommend Solace Homeworks!

Darrell
Darrell
9 reviews Port Moody, BC

Serviced our fireplace

They came out and services=d our fireplace when we bought a new place. They cleaned it out and found a mouse body in the back which would haves made a horible smell if we started the fireplace. We would always advise to get your fireplace serviced when uyou take over a new place.

Marvin Nider in Richmond
Marvin Nider in Richmond
4 reviews Richmond, BC

fireplace

Very good delection of fireplaces both gas and electric . stand alone and free standing fireplaces and inserts. good quality andd good prices for gas and pellet stove which take forty pound bags of pellets which are crushed wood.

Deborah Wong in North vancouver
Deborah Wong in North vancouver
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Installation of high efficiency furnace and ductwork

I am renovating my home and wanted central heating. My home was previously heated by electric baseboards as there was no gas line into the house.

Solace designed the system and installed a Bryant high efficiency furnace. The furnace was installed in a low crawlspace which was very challenging. The ductwork had to be installed as well and this was also challenging as the house had not been designed for forced air heating and therefore I could not have bulk heads or lowered ceilings.
Solace managed to get the ducts to the second floor with just one lowered bulkhead along a wall in the living room.

I am satisfied with the work done by Solace Homeworks and would recommend them without hesitation.

nancy in Vancouver
nancy in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

3 fireplaces

Excellent prices, delivery, service and followup. Bill the salesman was very professional, helped with which fireplaces best suited which rooms, threw in free extras and and sevice guys were friendly and through

More about Solace Home Comfort

Here at Solace Home Comfort we take the word hearth literally and figuratively. While our company specializes in fireplaces, heating and cooling systems, furnaces, and, yes, even hearths-we believe we do much more than that. In the other sense of the word, we take care of your home. The comfort ...
Looking for Home Additions pros in Burnaby?