Sofa Works

Review for Sofa Works

caroline.pattison from New Westminster
caroline.pattison from New Westminster
3 reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Took a long time and wasn't done to my liking. Horrible service!

I paid sofa works to make me some custom cushions for my teak sofa frame, my papasan chairs as well as recover my mid century teak chairs (x 8).

The sofa cushions were done incorrectly... Measurements were taken off a portion of the old cushions and AJ reassured me that they would not need to see the original frame to compare sizing even though I said the cushions were old and squished down.

When I got the cushions back they were too small for the couches and new arm rests had to be made. Problem solved.

With regards to the papasan cushions they used one of them as a template but then needed me to bring in the other one as well because they lost the other cushion and didn't want to make a template from the new one they already made.... As a result I didn't get either of my old cushions back (was using them as dog beds). Overall these cushions turned out nicely though and I was happy with them.

The chairs on the other had were a fiasco to say the least. They were dropped off at the end of september.... and weren't ready until Dec 24th. When they were dropped off the chairs were covered in dust, and the joints had not been retightened as promised as well as the screw holes that connect the chair backing to the frame hadn't had their wood covers put back on... this was also supposed to be done according to my original work order reciept when I paid the deposit. When I spoke to the staff about this Laura and Nima redirected me and said I should contact them Jan 5th and discuss this so we can make a plan. After I waited and spoke to them the owner AJ was VERY rude. Stating that "they are not a wood working shop" and if I brought "a couple of the chairs back in, they would do their best with it" but couldn't guarantee that they could fix them. I said that I didn't have a truck with a canopy to bring them in and could they pick them up considering it was their mistake... He told me they could "possibly arrange for pickup but the return was my responsibility" and they "wouldn't do that" even though I had already paid for delivery when they were brought to me unfinished and dirty on christmas eve. He then told me he "was getting his back up" his tone was notably irritated and "had to phone me back". After speaking with him again and explaining what we had agreed on originally and discussed the LONG time frame for job completion he accused me of "beging argumentative". I then resigned and said "I would rather not go through this, I don't have time to deal with this. If you can't guarantee me that you will complete the job as agreed I would like some money back so I can go elsewhere to a professional woodworker". He agreed to refund me $300 off of my $1400 purchase..... DO NOT use Sofa works. Disorganized, poor customer service and expensive for what you get.... No professionalism in dealing with clients. Not happy with my experience at all.