Sofa Works

Reviews for Sofa Works

Maurice in Vancouver
Maurice in Vancouver
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Great Quality and Warranty of workmanship!

The very best thing at Sofaworks is that their furniture is custom made on site right next to the showroom and comes with a warranty if it were to be defective they can and will fix it. When you buy imported furniture elsewhere you may pay a little less, but when it comes to any defects in workmanship you are basically left on your own and no repairs are done by the furniture manufacturer abroad.
We are very pleased with the quality of the sofa and loveseat we bought at Sofaworks, but most importantly the Showroom Manager/ Design Consultant Laura is the very best going over all the important details and choices we desired and which of the many choices were the best choice.
If you are in need of any custom made furniture do see Laura and you will find that I am right in my evaluation and praise of her expertise!

Cathy in Toronto
Cathy in Toronto
0 reviews West Vancouver, BC

Poor quality furniture, terrible customer service

I wish I had read all of the bad reviews before I had a sofa and loveseat custom made at Sofaworks for over $5,800. We purposely chose the highest quality, most durable leather they offered. After just 4 years of very light use in the living room of a two adult home, the leather on the seat cushions is cracking and peeling. They also talked us into a 5 year warranty that supposedly covered absolutely everything but when I made a claim, we were told cracking and peeling of leather is excluded. Sofaworks refuses to do anything, instead telling me I need to have the leather repaired or the sofa reupholstered at my own expense. They have not even asked to see the degraded leather in person for themselves. The sofa is now an unsightly mess of peeling leather and I will have to replace both pieces. I went to Sofaworks originally as they vowed that they stood behind every piece of furniture that they make. How completely false that has turned out to be. I expected a sofa of their purported quality to last a lot longer than 4 years. Had I known how poor quality it truly was and how they do not stand behind their products, I would have run as fast as I could. The furniture is terrible quality, doesn’t last, and once they have your money, they just don’t care. Please read the negative reviews and believe them! Don't make the same costly mistake that I did.

caroline.pattison from New Westminster
caroline.pattison from New Westminster
3 reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Took a long time and wasn't done to my liking. Horrible service!

I paid sofa works to make me some custom cushions for my teak sofa frame, my papasan chairs as well as recover my mid century teak chairs (x 8).

The sofa cushions were done incorrectly... Measurements were taken off a portion of the old cushions and AJ reassured me that they would not need to see the original frame to compare sizing even though I said the cushions were old and squished down.

When I got the cushions back they were too small for the couches and new arm rests had to be made. Problem solved.

With regards to the papasan cushions they used one of them as a template but then needed me to bring in the other one as well because they lost the other cushion and didn't want to make a template from the new one they already made.... As a result I didn't get either of my old cushions back (was using them as dog beds). Overall these cushions turned out nicely though and I was happy with them.

The chairs on the other had were a fiasco to say the least. They were dropped off at the end of september.... and weren't ready until Dec 24th. When they were dropped off the chairs were covered in dust, and the joints had not been retightened as promised as well as the screw holes that connect the chair backing to the frame hadn't had their wood covers put back on... this was also supposed to be done according to my original work order reciept when I paid the deposit. When I spoke to the staff about this Laura and Nima redirected me and said I should contact them Jan 5th and discuss this so we can make a plan. After I waited and spoke to them the owner AJ was VERY rude. Stating that "they are not a wood working shop" and if I brought "a couple of the chairs back in, they would do their best with it" but couldn't guarantee that they could fix them. I said that I didn't have a truck with a canopy to bring them in and could they pick them up considering it was their mistake... He told me they could "possibly arrange for pickup but the return was my responsibility" and they "wouldn't do that" even though I had already paid for delivery when they were brought to me unfinished and dirty on christmas eve. He then told me he "was getting his back up" his tone was notably irritated and "had to phone me back". After speaking with him again and explaining what we had agreed on originally and discussed the LONG time frame for job completion he accused me of "beging argumentative". I then resigned and said "I would rather not go through this, I don't have time to deal with this. If you can't guarantee me that you will complete the job as agreed I would like some money back so I can go elsewhere to a professional woodworker". He agreed to refund me $300 off of my $1400 purchase..... DO NOT use Sofa works. Disorganized, poor customer service and expensive for what you get.... No professionalism in dealing with clients. Not happy with my experience at all.