Sleep Country Canada

Liz in Toronto
Liz in Toronto
1 review Kitchener, ON

What a nighmare

We have bought lots of beds from here and this time not a good experience at all. Bought the bed in Nov 18, by Jan 2019 the one side is sagging. We also bought a bed frame and 1 week and half we fell threw it to the floor. We are not big people. Sent that back and got our money back. So we had to take pictures of everything which we did. So we then sent all what they wanted only to be told say no. I sent more pictures, called and they were going to send over someone to inspect it. Then we got a call after waiting for 2 weeks, yes now they are going to send us a new one. So a date was set, no one showed up, called again, oh that mattress isn't in stock. Another date and they didn't show up, I called again oh lets book another date. Now another date no one showed up, I had to call them to set another date. I told them if this date doesn't go threw I want my full refund. So I will never buy from them again.

Private User reviews Brantford, ON

Matress

I bought a bed few days ago it was very disappointing I just slept on it for 2 nights and I got some bites and the bed have some stain on it the government should do something about it this company sucks

Natasha@home
N. A.
20 reviews Pickering, ON

Not Stellar

I bought my current mattress at Sleep Country. I bought the mattress it replaced at Sleep Country as well. The first experience was much more helpful with sleep experts guiding us through a number of 'tests' of what mattress was best for us. But we were also fools and didn't shop around and paid too much for that mattress, two high-end pillows and pillow covers. This time, I was happy-ish with the price, but feel that mattress shopping is dreary business as there are tiny changes in sku/name from one retailer to another so its hard to compare prices to get them to price-match. We got good - but not stellar - service. Our bed has wood slats instead of using box springs, so we only buy the mattress - the price is reflective of that.

I was very happy with their delivery. Fast, timely, easy, efficient. I won't allow un-bootied shoes on my upstairs carpets. I pre-paid for them to take and reuse the mattress (still in very good shape!) for those who need it. I was impressed that the delivery people were so courteous and remarked how clean our old mattress was - and took the time and effort to wrap it in the plastic from the new delivery before taking it to the truck. Best delivery I've had in ages!

A tip - We received a discount coupon from Sleep Country when we bought the bed. Use that for a follow up visit to get your pillows or a good mattress cover. Wish I'd known -I bought it all in one go

Delivery left in the hall

We bought a high end king sized mattress to be delivered to our second floor apartment in January. There is a bend at the top of the stairs, but as the mattress was flexible and made of foam/gel, delivery sould have been fine. However, as the mattress was coming from the London warehouse and we are in Guelph, the gel froze on the drive over and they couldn’t bend the mattress to get it in. They just shrugged and left, leaving it there in the hallway! What a terrible lack of foresight they had. It was like they don’t know their own product. I called the store and instead of taking care of it, I was told to call HQ. Once they have your money they don’t care about ya! Won’t buy from them again!

Sandra92
Sandra92

Mattress Nightmare

The worst purchase ever. We've purchased two king size mattresses, first 6 months ago, second a month ago, and both are having deep ocean waves, ALREADY?!!!!!!! Our previous mattress from IKEA (very cheap, purchased more than 4 years ago) is still fully functional without any deflection (not even a 1/16")... Now, instead of having a good quality sleep, SLEEP COUNTRY gives us nothing else but frustration, back pain, and anger! Whoever is considering Sleep Country for their next purchase, please, save your wallets and get a mattress somewhere else! It's NOT worth it!

Gabe in Campbellford
Gabe in Campbellford
1 review Campbellford, ON

Terrible Mattress

I can't believe we paid that much money for something so terrible. The mattress's were purchased at Sleep Country in Belleville . They are two box springs and a topper king size. Even though we turn the mattress with each sheet change, it is and always has had more rolls up and down then the ocean waves. We had contacted head office and didn't even get an acknowledgment in reply. I do NOT recommend sleep country if wanting a decent mattress, as with this one we get more sleepless nights trying to roll over the humps, rather then getting a good night sleep.
As you can see in the picture provided

Private User reviews Milton, ON

Purchased a Mattress set

Purchased February 2017, a new mattress and box spring. Sales associate very courteous and helpful. Delivery, setup and removal of original mattress set was included. No issues with delivery as all went well. The issue is with the warranty and online reporting - no human contact. This fall, we noticed on the underside of the mattress near the seam a 24 cm rip parallel to the seam. we sent pictures as requested and Sleep Country responded back this was not a warranty issue, end of contact. Attempted many times and no reply. This past week, noticed another rip on the same side near the head board. This appears to have happened during the delivery when the delivery person used a sharp blade to open the plastic bag. Attempted to follow up again and as per pervious experience, no reply. Will shop elsewhere in future.

Roadey in Mississauga
Roadey in Mississauga

Buying a mattress

Went to Sleep Country in Mississauga, looking for a firm double mattress, nothing more. Made it very clear to the sales rep that's all I wanted. He decided to try experimenting with over 10 pillows to see if I was sleeping in a certain manner. I kept trying to tell him all I wanted was a mattress. That didn't work. Finally after getting very frustrated, he quoted me a price for a queen mattress and box spring. When I said (again in frustration), "Did you not hear anything I have said? I only wanted a double mattress, nothing more", he responded with "WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME OUT?" What is that?? Would never go back, for sure.

Glenn in Scarborough
Glenn in Scarborough

Service extraordinaire

I can buy any mattress SCC sells elsewhere but I would never beat the service provided. The 2 sales rep's (David and Taj) were knowledgeable, courteous and very patient. My wife and I spent a lot of time with these guys before selecting and never once did we feel rushed or pressured to buy. After our purchase we went back to the store with a few questions and again AFTER the sale they took all the time in the world with us. These 2 guys are not salesmen. They are ambassador's for Sleep Country.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Just hope you aren’t sold a defective product!!!

Do not let Sleep Country Canada commercials fool you like they did me and my family with the ‘we back our products and will be there to assist with an issues’. A mattress we purchased 4 1/2 years ago started to fall apart. We had followed all the recommend steps that the sales associate went over at the time of purchase, but it turned out that the mattress was clearly defective. We went thought the warranty process and were approved for a direct replacement as the product we deemed defective. We then went to the store as instructed and were then told the unfortunately after 4 1/2 years the mattress we purchased was discontinued and no longer available for the direct replacement. We were then advised if we wanted to get something of equal quality of what we initial purchased, we would now be looking to pay out of pocket as things had gone up in price. We were then told that we initial spent $700 and now we were looking at spending around $2000 for something equivalent to what we had (more than double what we paid). I then called Sleep Country Canada directly to try and see they could do as the store made it clear that it was out of their hands. We got nowhere with that, as I explained that we were upset because we were sold a defective produced and all we wanted was a replacement of equivalent quality to what we had. The customer service rep explained that they only would give us the dollar amount and nothing else as the same mattress was discontinued. I then asked if the mattress we had purchased was still available but now retailed for $1500 would I still be expected to pay the difference; she advise no they would just replace it. We paid more to purchase a mattress here because we thought it would be a worry-free purchase at the time. We were under the impression that they would sell us good quality items and anything that fell short of that would be taken care of and sadly we were wrong. Please keep this in mind if you decide to purchase anything with Sleep Country Canada!

More about Sleep Country Canada

As Canada’s #1 mattress retailer, comfort, value and customer care define our commitment to you.
Looking for Mattresses pros in Newmarket?