Skyview Electronics

46 Baldwin Whitby ON L1M 1A2

Reviews for Skyview Electronics

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Microsoft Office Fix

I had purchased the office package from Skyview in 2018 and it just failed in 2022. They honored my purchase and in turn offered me an upgrade to 2021 office at a very reasonable price which I accepted.

Excellent customer service and satisfaction. Thanks Adam

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Computer repair

Locked out of email - it was a software issue. Repaired quickly on the spot. Good service.

Lloyd Cook
Lloyd Cook
1 review Whitby, ON

Lap Top Computor

I have been using Skyview electronics for about 20 years. They have friendly, skilled and excellent staff. When you have a problem you know it will be fixed properly in reasonable time frame. Some times they will solve your problem over the phone and not charge you for their time. ( a quick fix). Andrea was great in helping me get a good printer and set it up. Wonderful people to deal with.

Dave
Dave
1 review Whitby, ON

TV Antenna Repair

I thought I needed an antenna replacement because I was only getting a few channels with my HD setup. Rodney called me back late in the evening (first surprise) long after closing hours to suggest that I re-scan my TV and make sure that my signal booster was plugged in. So... after plugging in my signal booster (second surprise), and re-scanning the TV, I now get 69 channels - including NBC from Buffalo and CHCH from Hamilton. Rodney saved me big dollars (+500).
Needless to say, I am very pleased.

It shouldn't always be about the money when it comes to helping customers, and it's appreciative folks like you Dave that make sharing a few tips satisfying to give. It was actually fun helping you restore your antenna reception before our eyes. Nice to meet you and glad I could help.

Tarryn in Toronto
Tarryn in Toronto

Fixed my water damaged MacBook Pro

Best computer repair place around. Most honest business owners. I recently had my MacBook fixed by them and they weren't looking to over charge me like other mac repair places do. For simple water damage your looking at minimum $750 for a repair. But they were very honest and reasonable with their pricing.

Very kind staff and they always go above and beyond. They do their best to keep you updated on the status of your repair unlike other places. Reasonable, reliable, friendly and just all around great company to deal with. Highly recommend.

Frank V.
Frank V.
5 reviews Whitby, ON

Service

I had a nasty redirect bug on my laptop that I tried for hours to remove...usually I have no problem solving minor problems on my computer, but this time , nothing worked, so I handed it to the experts. I was not disappointed, Andrew and Jamie got the laptop back to good order in no time, at a very reasonable cost.....I should add that my desk top computer was also built by Andrew six years ago, and it is still working beautifully, without any repairs needed since I bought it. I highly recommend Skyview Electronics as your local computer experts.

Natasha in Toronto
Natasha in Toronto

Computer (Macbook Pro) Repair

My Macbook Pro was less than a year old and someone at Starbucks spilled coffee all over it as I was submitting my final project for my undergraduate degree.

Skyview completely repaired my laptop and it feels brand new! They were great to deal with, kept me updated on the status of my laptop and the bill at the end of it was much less than I expected.

Candace Irwin in Sunderland
Candace Irwin in Sunderland
2 reviews Blackwater, ON

High Quality Used Desktop Computers

I bought a used IBM Lenovo for my Grandmother who only does light surfing, and it works fantastic. I was happy with their friendly and knowledgeable service and honesty. I liked their service so much that I took my dad down and got him a used IBM Lenovo as well since it would meet his light surfing needs as well. It's been over 2 years for my Grandmothers machine and over a year with my dad's and both machines are problem free and work great.
I would highly recommend going to Skyview for your computer needs!

Stitches45
Stitches45
1 review ASHBURN, ON

Satellite Internet, installation

This company should not be in business. They tried to charge me twice for an install that is included for free for satellite internet.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY -

ONCE THEY COME TO YOUR HOUSE THEY WILL TRY TO EXTORT YOU UNTIL YOU PAY. SEND THEM AWAY AND ASK FOR ANOTHER COMPANY FROM THE INTERNET PROVIDER.

Please note that this complaint is not about quality of service rendered. No work was performed, charged or paid for, even though twice we went to the customer’s home to give an estimate.
This is about the customer getting angry regarding the quote from us to perform work at their home when they felt it should be done totally for free.
When we explained to the customer that climbing up on their two story roof, doing a long cable run and fishing wires through their drop ceiling would incur charges they refused and sent us away.
Ok fine, everybody’s entitled to accept or refuse a quote. No problem.
However they then phoned our store again complaining and wanted us to come back out to their home to see if we could do the work cheaper. In trying to be accommodating we sent a different installer this time, who also found that, there was no easier way to perform the work but agreed to do it for $50 less.
At first the customer was fine with the second installer’s explanation of the charges but after discussing with their partner they became very abusive towards our installer, started swearing at him and kicked him off their property….WOW!
This customer vindictively decided to slander our company, wording their complaint to make it seem like we unjustly tried to extort money from them. Not one cent was charged to them. More than 200 customers have received this same service from us in the past 3 months all without complaint.
One of the reasons our company has survived in the same location for 26 years competing with the big box stores is because of the quality of personal service that we offer all of our customers all of the time.
Perhaps that‘s why last year Skyview Electronics was voted Durham regions favourite computer store by
Durham Business Times Readers Choice Awards. http://www.durhambusinesstimes.com/2012/general/congratulations-to-our-2011-readers-choice-award-winners/
We regret that we were unable to please this customer and all the unnecessary drama. Rest assured, our policy continues to always strive to accommodate our customers in the fairest way possible.
Thanks for considering our side of the story.
Best regards
Rod Valyear
President
Skyview Electronics Inc.

More about Skyview Electronics

Skyview Electronics is a family run business that has been serving Brooklin and the surrounding area for over 28 years. Skyview prides its self on it's no pressure sales and friendly, knowledgeable service.

Computer Sales and Repairs
Have a virus and afraid to lose your data? No Problem! We have a virus expert with years of experience cleaning out even the most evasive virus, while leaving your data intact! Remember you don't have to wipe a computer to completely eliminate a virus!

Computer getting really hot or overheating? A hot or overheating computer is constantly doing damage to its internal parts! We offer cleaning both inside and out to help your computer run faster and cooler extending the life of your computer.

Computer running slow? Find out if it's worth fixing or if it should be replaced! We offer free diagnosis and estimates.

Need a new computer? We sell new, recertified and used computers. We also custom build computers to meet your requirements. Come ask about our new gaming machine options!

If you need any cables or adaptors for your computer, come to Skyview, if we don't have what you need, we can find it!

Looking for service in your home or business? Skyview makes housecalls!! We can trouble shoot networking and computer issues without you having to lug your computer all the way into our store!

Skyview Security Solutions
Video Surveillance has become the best way to deter or capture criminal activities. Police are often unable to press charges without video proof of the crime. We offer camera security systems to fit any budget, with no monthly fees! We can install many options like:
• Record only on motion or all the time
• Remotely log in to see your property on your smart phone or computer.
• Have your system send your cell phone alerts.
• See who's at the door without answering and know who's been there while you were away!
• Be alerted if someone is coming down your driveway.
• Many camera options to suit your indoor or outdoor needs including night vision.
• Choose your Hard Drive Size.
Let Skyview's experienced team evaluate your home or office and recommend the best security system to protect your property. We have had great success with our systems providing the police with the evidence needed to make a successful prosecution! Installing a camera system can often lower your insurance premiums as well!

We also sell spy and covert devices to help you catch a thief, such as spy pens, spy clocks or mini cameras perfect to hide inside a common everyday item.

We give free estimates! Call us today for more information or to make an appointment.

Skyview Cell Phone, and Internet Hub / Stick Boosters
Do you find that your Cellphone, Internet Hub or Internet Stick isn't getting a good signal? Are you having trouble with dropped calls or slow internet speeds? We can help by installing a cell phone boosting system that will boost and increase signal strength to previously dead zones in your home or business.

Imagine watching HD TV for FREE every month!
Now is a great time to lower your monthly bills with an HDTV Antenna. We install and service all makes an models of TV Antennas and we can help you optimize your signal to increase the number of channels you receive. Let our experienced team walk you through the process and help you decide on the best antenna for your location and install your antenna in a place that will bring you the most channels.

Remember to come to Skyview before you head to the big box stores. Skyview can give you service that impersonal big box stores can't!