Skyview Electronics

Reviews for Skyview Electronics

Natasha in Toronto
Natasha in Toronto

Computer (Macbook Pro) Repair

My Macbook Pro was less than a year old and someone at Starbucks spilled coffee all over it as I was submitting my final project for my undergraduate degree.

Skyview completely repaired my laptop and it feels brand new! They were great to deal with, kept me updated on the status of my laptop and the bill at the end of it was much less than I expected.

Candace Irwin in Sunderland
Candace Irwin in Sunderland
3 reviews Blackwater, ON

High Quality Used Desktop Computers

I bought a used IBM Lenovo for my Grandmother who only does light surfing, and it works fantastic. I was happy with their friendly and knowledgeable service and honesty. I liked their service so much that I took my dad down and got him a used IBM Lenovo as well since it would meet his light surfing needs as well. It's been over 2 years for my Grandmothers machine and over a year with my dad's and both machines are problem free and work great.
I would highly recommend going to Skyview for your computer needs!

Stitches45
Stitches45
1 review ASHBURN, ON

Satellite Internet, installation

This company should not be in business. They tried to charge me twice for an install that is included for free for satellite internet.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY -

ONCE THEY COME TO YOUR HOUSE THEY WILL TRY TO EXTORT YOU UNTIL YOU PAY. SEND THEM AWAY AND ASK FOR ANOTHER COMPANY FROM THE INTERNET PROVIDER.

Please note that this complaint is not about quality of service rendered. No work was performed, charged or paid for, even though twice we went to the customer’s home to give an estimate.
This is about the customer getting angry regarding the quote from us to perform work at their home when they felt it should be done totally for free.
When we explained to the customer that climbing up on their two story roof, doing a long cable run and fishing wires through their drop ceiling would incur charges they refused and sent us away.
Ok fine, everybody’s entitled to accept or refuse a quote. No problem.
However they then phoned our store again complaining and wanted us to come back out to their home to see if we could do the work cheaper. In trying to be accommodating we sent a different installer this time, who also found that, there was no easier way to perform the work but agreed to do it for $50 less.
At first the customer was fine with the second installer’s explanation of the charges but after discussing with their partner they became very abusive towards our installer, started swearing at him and kicked him off their property….WOW!
This customer vindictively decided to slander our company, wording their complaint to make it seem like we unjustly tried to extort money from them. Not one cent was charged to them. More than 200 customers have received this same service from us in the past 3 months all without complaint.
One of the reasons our company has survived in the same location for 26 years competing with the big box stores is because of the quality of personal service that we offer all of our customers all of the time.
Perhaps that‘s why last year Skyview Electronics was voted Durham regions favourite computer store by
Durham Business Times Readers Choice Awards. http://www.durhambusinesstimes.com/2012/general/congratulations-to-our-2011-readers-choice-award-winners/
We regret that we were unable to please this customer and all the unnecessary drama. Rest assured, our policy continues to always strive to accommodate our customers in the fairest way possible.
Thanks for considering our side of the story.
Best regards
Rod Valyear
President
Skyview Electronics Inc.

More about Skyview Electronics

Skyview Electronics is a family run business that has been serving Brooklin and the surrounding area for over 28 years. Skyview prides its self on it's no pressure sales and friendly, knowledgeable service. Computer Sales and Repairs Have a virus and afraid to lose your data? No Problem! We have ...
Looking for Computer Repairs and Support pros in Brooklin?