Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Plumbing
717A Mount Pleasant Rd, 2nd Floor Toronto ON M4S 2N4
HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Toronto  >  Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd

pat sky from Old Toronto

Jason appeared within three hours of call. He installed a new faucet, repaired a leaky pipe in another and inspected 2 other drippy faucets--all within 60 minutes! Jason's advise on the last two saved me money as another plumber had been here and had suggested replacing the cartridges. This saved me about 200$.

I have called Shanks many times for repairs and have always been satisfied with the results--never needing a call back to touch up a job incomplete for some reason.

Shanks gives speedy and efficient service, and the person manning the phones has excellent recall of customers.

Carla from Toronto

We now have a word for overpaying for what ends up being simply horrible service and/or workmanship - it's called, 'being Shanked'. We called Shank's for a small overflow problem in our basement sink. It turned out the overflow was caused by the exit pipe sloping upwards. My husband discovered this himself after we had already paid Shank's over $10,000 to replace the pipes under our floors, which they insisted was the cause of the problem. They ripped up our washroom in the process, and, even though, after much correspondence back and forth, they finally agreed to repair the mess they'd made, they did not finish the job and the washroom ended up looking much worse than before they ever started their 'work'. They gave us a verbal warrantee for this work, but then, upon deciding to not finish the job, refused to give us a written one. One of their contractors said, "If you didn't like the work, you shouldn't have paid us!" The problem was that we only discovered the overflow was still happening after they had replaced our floor pipes and said the problem was solved. They sub-contract almost every aspect of the job ("Duh … I only deal with below ground." "Sorry, I only do pipes above the surface." Etc.) and no one seems to know what the other contractors are doing. Calling Shanks was the biggest mistake we've ever made. No … trying to get them to fix what they'd broken was bigger. I wish I had been warned about them beforehand. I highly advise you to look elsewhere if want quality workmanship and professional conduct and integrity. Don't set yourself up for getting Shanked!

GemelsG from East York
1 review East York, ON

Finding a plumber with old radiator experience is hard to find - and we tried a few! Shanks did an incredible job and went where none of the others did. Thanks for returning heat in our home! Thanks Jarrett

Carol from York
4 reviews York, ON

Punctual, pleasant service that went somewhat beyond the call of duty. The plumber took the time to explain to me future work that needed to be done, and even took the time to collaborate with another workman on the phone. My house needs a major plumbing job which I was not in the position to start right away - the plumber made suggestions that would tide me over in the meantime and not cost me too much. I can't think of a single negative comment to make about my experience with Shank's -from the initial phone call to the final payment.

pat sky from Old Toronto
19 reviews Old Toronto, ON

I have old pipes and the kitchen drainage system started leaking in my basement. They came to flush it out. As week later I had to call them back and they charged me another 400$ to re do the same job. ON the way out, they commented that I migth need to change the piping for a 4 digit cost!

Not impressive! They did a poor job even when I asked the second them to bring a better snake to clean with.

E in Toronto

I've called Shanks on more than 1 occasion for various plumbing issues. They have always responded within a few hours and always have a provided great friendly service. The prices have also always been reasonable. I highly recommend Shanks.

Job Price
ryan in lawrence and yonge

yusuf installed the toilets in both of our second floor bathrooms he was very careful that he didn't damage the walls or surrounding tiles and he cleaned up afterwards and removed the old toilets .we didn't have any problems with the work and were satisfied.

busymother

Used the company twice - 1st time I had called another plumber for my blocked toilet who told me it was low flow and should replace to high flow, after running the snake and not solving the problem - I called Shanks, they took the toilet apart and found an empty "Koolaid jammer" in the pipe, left everything very tidy.
Second time was recently (Sep 09), I wasn't getting any cold water in my shower, they took it apart, they went to 3 different stores to find the part that was broken, and fixed it all within 24 hours, leaving everything very clean.

More about Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd