Sar Gas Services Inc

Sandra in Etobicoke
Sandra in Etobicoke
21 reviews Etobicoke, ON

New Air Conditioner

August 5, air conditioner gave up the ghost in the evening. Called and left a message with S.A.R. Returned by call next a.m. and sent a staff out to check it. Absolutely no freon in system - so there was definitely a leak somewhere; however, due to age of air conditioner no parts would be available, so arranged owner to come and present options for a new air conditioner (not, also checked other companies). S.A.R. had the most reasonable priced and were able to install new unit the following Monday. Staff arrived early (yeah!) and were polite, knowledgeable and efficient. New Air Conditioner works well and I am definitely happy with the service. (NOTE: we have used S.A.R. for servicing our Air Conditioners for years and have always been pleased with the work done.)

Jimmypat7 in York
Jimmypat7 in York

Regarding water heater installed...

I have been renting in a house for 20 years...The water heater installed by Sar a number of years ago, has been operating efficiently since the install...now there is an issue with the pilot light not staying lit. After authorization from the new landlord, I will definitely contact Sar for service . #1 on my list...

Mrs Ottis in Toronto
Mrs Ottis in Toronto

A most VEXING experience from start to finish

I cannot express the depth of my complete dissatisfaction with SAR Gas Services. We contracted with them in the early stages of planning a renovation to plan & install new HVAC, as well as a new furnace & water heater in a small bungalow. From them showing up late to appointments (by hours) or missing them altogether. To very poor communications both internal as well as with me, the client. To blaming other trades for problems of their own creation, it has been an absolutely vexing experience from start to finish. The only reason I am giving 2 stars is because they have a couple of really decent technicians. But Tony is his own worst enemy & at least from my perspective, is most likely the source of all the challenges I was forced to deal with. Do yourself & favour and find another professional service. I seriously wish I had.

this is a BS accusation and I have no idea as to who this person is,what contract and what address please

Gabriel from Toronto
Gabriel from Toronto

Sound Advice

I have been using SAR for 4+ years since buying an old house with an Old furnace. SAR has always been reliable and professional.

I called this week because furnace was not heating house properly. Rather than charge me for a service call Tony patiently walked me through the problem and diagnosed an ongoing issue. Our house reached the correct temperature within 24 hours and now my wife is warm and happy with me.

SAR came through when we needed them the most. Thank you.

Worked for and Used Tony's Company

Hi
I have worked for Tony and been a customer. He is always highly professional and treats his staff and clients with respect and honesty. A man of high integrity!! Thank you Tony and staff!!

Mike
Mike

Water tank repair

I've used Peter at SAR 3 times over the last couple of years and he is extremely knowledgeable, pleasant to deal with and most of all, highly professional. Won't hesitate to use him again.

Whole-home humidifier installation

I had provided photos of our furnace ahead of time and booked time to install the AprilAire 600M whole-home humidifier. When Peter arrived, he gave me honest advice about whether or not the unit would give me the desired results.

I decided not to proceed, but have full respect for Peter and SAR Gas to make the correct recommendation. I will always be going to them for future HVAC needs.

Jo-Ann from Toronto
Jo-Ann from Toronto
5 reviews North York, ON

Furnace Replacement

SAR has been cleaning and maintaining our furnace for years so when our furnace needed immediate replacing I contacted them first. I did some research online ahead of time, just to be sure that I would make an informed choice. I was very pleased that Tony gave us options that fell in line with what I had researched. He recommended (and we went with) the make of one of the better reviewed hi-eff. gas furnaces. The price was very fair and square for the equipment and installation. The replacement was done the following day: promptly, cleanly, efficiently and smoothly. All of the service techs were respectful, courteous and answered all of our questions in an easy-to-understand manner. Tony visited the following day to ensure that the work had been completed properly to specs and to see that we were satisfied with the running of the furnace. We love the new furnace and thermostat! We have been pleased with the service we've received from SAR over the years. We are very pleased and impressed with the whole furnace replacement they did for us - from price to installation to follow-up. Thank you SAR.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. When scheduling your next maintenance (AC, Furnace or Pool Heater) mention this review for 15% off!

furnance maintenance

Great Service - Peter was clean and thourough - did a great job - furnace running smoothly - ready for winter.
replaced the filters and took off shoes when entering - meant alot to us

Thanks for leaving us a review. Peter is a great tech and loves hearing from our clients!

Maurice Mitchell from Toronto
Maurice Mitchell from Toronto

Hot water heater

My old water heater burst and I had a flooded basement.

I contacted a few places and was told that they did not work on gas water-combi-heater (heats water and house). I found SAR Gas Services.

I emailed a request to change my mixing valve, upgrade my gas venting to current Ontario code, and install my water heater... on a Wednesday at 4:00pm... then later spoke to friendly staff at around 4:30pm... quickly agreed on an excellent price... they were onsite the next day at around 9:30am... both were knowledgeable, friendly, and clean... they got all the jobs done in a few hours.

I'm very happy with the results and would recommend them to my friends!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our company. We appreciate it. Please mention your review for a 15% discount on your next furnace or ac maintenance!

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in York?