Everglades Lumber & Building Supply

Building Supplies and Hardware
850 N Dixie Hwy Boca Raton FL 33432
HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in Boca Raton  >  Everglades Lumber & Building Supply

Reviews for Everglades Lumber & Building Supply

850 N Dixie Hwy
Boca Raton
FL
UNITED STATES

I purchased a full home of Emtek door hardware from Everglades Lumber, in 2008. The items were ordered, paid for and delivered only a couple of weeks after the expected delivery date. We dealt exclusively with the manager, Gene. My reason for the low rating is the after sales service. Emtek has a very good 5 year warranty on the finish and the finish on my hardware, after 4 years was becoming very bad. I had some trouble finding Everglades on the internet and thought that they went bankrupt. I called Emtek directly and after providing pictures of the damage and a copy of the original invoice, they said that of course they would honor the warranty and replace everything. They said however that Everglades was in fact still in business and I would need to have the warranty done through them. I contacted Gene at Everglades and explained that I had been in touch with Emtek directly and they had already pre-authorized the warranty replacement. For the next 6 weeks I contacted Gene every week and he would say that it's taken care of. He always said something different, either the rep is coming in tomorrow and will take the paperwork or he'll call the rep to come see the damage. I always explained that as Emtek told me, there was no need for a rep. The warranty was already approved. Finally after so many weeks of chasing Gene, I happened to call when the Emtek rep was sitting in front of him. The rep was handed the phone and I explained the situation. He didn't know anything about it. I could not get Gene to do anything to help with my warranty. There was no profit in it and so he didn't seem to want to waste any of his time. This was even though there was no cost to him. Finally Emtek agreed to honor the warranty directly with me and within a week the replacements arrived at my home. It was very frustrating to deal with the manager of a company that provides such poor after sales service. I felt disrespected, ignored and misled. Why doesn't a manager realize that good service equals more business?

oROVERo in Miami
oROVERo in Miami
8 reviews Miami, FL

Installed a wood door

It was a pleasure to work with this company. I went to their headquarters where I got help immediately. I picked out a door, and set a date for them to install it. They came on time on the specified day, and did their job without a hiccup. They easily removed my old doors and installed the new ones. They were friendly and fast, I enjoyed them alot.