Royal Decks And Landscapes

Reviews for Royal Decks And Landscapes

RGM Developments Inc.
RGM Developments Inc.

Custom Cedar Rooftops - Two Townhomes Project

As a bit of background, I'm a Toronto-based builder and developer who has built a reputation of quality of work, attention to detail and responsiveness. I worked with Royal on two modern cedar rooftops deck for adjoining 1890’s townhomes in downtown Toronto.

Miro was great, a clear communicator and helpful in scheduling the work with his team. Miro proved to be a straight-forward, helpful, trustworthy man who truly delivered great customer and an excellent quality of work. Miro was responsive to my time constraints, and his crew truly skilled at their jobs. We were affected with rain throughout the project and Miro was always understanding and loyal to getting the rooftop work done. Once it was the time for his team to come in, he had the team ready to start working.

I was impressed by everyone at Royal Deck’s dedication and desire for quality and precise finishes. They used top quality materials and delivered finely detailed and clean job that exceeded my expectations. Miro’s crew show up when they said they were going to, and worked until the job was finished. Miro was always responsive when I needed to get a hold of him, great at taking directions and building my vision, Miro and his team was always available for professional inputs/suggestions.

I wholeheartedly recommend Royal Decks and their work. Miro has mastered the deck trade work. I will be contacting Miro from Royal Decks for future deck projects, for renovation projects, custom home building and developments. Thank you, Miro, Steve, Patrick, Kory and Ron for the beautiful rooftop work, your excellent customer service, dedication, and for helping me deliver my project on time and with the perfect finishes that my company stands for and has build his reputation.

Hi Rigo, thank you for a nice review. It was pleasure working with you and looking forward to our future cooperation.

Patrick in Oakville
Patrick in Oakville

Zuri deck

Our search for a deck contractor began with seeking a company, in our area, that had many positive reviews. Royal Decks and Landscaping was one of the three companies that we considered. After meeting with each company and examining their quotes, we chose to work with Miro. Miro is knowledgeable, responsive and helped us think through the vision for our deck. After Miro showed us many PVC options, we settled on Zuri, which is a high-quality decking material that best simulates real wood. When we expressed concern that the material may be slippery when wet (after some internet research), Miro facilitated a test that gave us confidence in our choice. The deck construction began when he estimated it would, and it was completed on time. The finished product is beautiful and well-constructed. We look forward to enjoying the deck after our long, Canadian winter! We happily recommend Royal Decks and Landscapes.

Thank you Patrick for a nice review. Hope you enjoy your deck next year and be careful walking on it winter time!

Andrew H
Andrew H

Backyard Deck

We are extremely happy with the craftsmanship of the deck. The men working on the deck were extremely friendly, communicated great and created a very polished final product.

I took off a point for two reasons:
1) We had some issues with our permits that I wish were handled better by the company. My wife and I ended up having to do a lot of the leg work to get the permits through the city's red tape, which I was hoping to not have to be involved in.
2) The final cleanup could have been better. I found more screws and other sharp scraps of wood around the yard than I would have expected and as a father with young children, this was not ideal.

Hi Andrew, thank you for your review and thank you for your input. It is valuable and will be addressed to be improved.

Daryn Thompson in Mississauga
Daryn Thompson in Mississauga

Terrific Deck!

We love our deck... we are out there 4-6 hours per day ever since the screen door went up!...

Royal did a great job, high quality materials, and terrific craftsmanship! Total commitment to quality.

Thank you Daryn, enjoy your deck.

J&R in Mississauga
J&R in Mississauga

Deck and Patio

We had been looking for a deck contractor for some time. After some unsuccessful attempts we found Royal Decks. Miro worked with us on the design, material options and pricing. The final vision was a simple yet modern feel with composite decking, aluminum railings and etched glass privacy panels. The patio stones and retaining wall complemented the colour scheme. It's rare that the final product turns out better than you expect, but that's exactly how we feel. This result was not by chance. Once you go with Royal Decks it's the quality of the team that makes the difference. Chris did a superb job with the patio and retaining wall and he made sure we were happy with the work. Patrick was exceptional with the decking. He followed all the details of the engineering drawings and permit and Patrick gives you superb quality workmanship. Steve was our project manager and addressed all our questions quickly and honestly.
We recommend you give Miro at Royal Decks a call and experience it for yourself.

Thank you very much Joe for a great review. Enjoy your new back yard!

peidyt17
peidyt17

2 Stage Project over 2 Years

I researched and selected Royal Decks over 2 other companies as it had the best quality/value among the 3, I was not disappointed.

The main cedar deck was replacing a tiny new construction deck from the new home builder. They were very flexible in allowing me to change to a wider deck after I saw their boundaries set out were a bit narrow. The extra 6 feet transformed the entire deck to a masterpiece.

After a year, I had decided to build a second deck level and install a hot tub. I again chose Royal Decks and they did not disappoint. First, you can tell right away from the time they took to plan out the spa foundation pad to the end workmanship, they have high quality workmanship. Even though I did not request, they built the entire second level sealed off as they told me a hot tub would attract racoons, rabbits, etc. to nest beside the hot tub. This was really thoughtful and I would never have known this before. They also reused the original deck stairs and lights to save money.

There was a slight hiccup as the new lights ordered were different than the existing so it was noticeable side by side. However, when I pointed this out after they finished, they quickly came back and ordered/moved lights so everything matched.

Great job guys, you deserve a big thumbs up!

Thank you Daniel for nice review. Hope you will enjoy your new deck and hot tub and looking forward to the photos.

Melanie D’Souza in Mississauga
Melanie D’Souza in Mississauga

Decking and Gazebo

What an incredibly great company Royal Decks were amazing.
From the moment we met Miro he delivered everything and suggested some great ideas that we utilized.
These guys really know how to treat their customers, their products and workmanship is first class. Do not hesitate to hire Royal Decks for your next project.
A special shout out to Patrick who is brilliant and to Justin who works so hard and of course Steve (project manager) who always has a cheeky grin on his face!
Many thanks, it was a pleasure working with you all.

Hi Melanie thank you for a kind review. Everybody says hi. Well have to post some photos of your back yard. Spring is finally here!

AsifH in Ottawa
AsifH in Ottawa

New PVC Deck

We had a new deck put in a few years ago and found Royal Decks on Homestars. We had a received quotes from a few people but found Miro to be very straightforward, honest (about the pros and cons of different materials), patient, and courteous. Miro was also happy to change the scope (installing glass) after we had originally scoped out the project. I would definitely recommend Miro and Royal Decks.

Thank you very much Asif. It pleasure working with you. I am glad you are still enjoying your deck.

Trevor Valade from Old Toronto
Trevor Valade from Old Toronto

Rooftop Decks

I've been doing various upgrades to a home I purchased last fall, and one of the last items I needed to address was the supply/install of two roof-top decks. I've had some pretty disappointing experiences with trades thus far, and dealing with Royal Decks was absolutely incredible. From the initial visit, to the quote, to the materials, to the scheduling/communication - they surpassed my expectations. Yesterday when I came home from work, I was able to inspect my two new decks, and their glass railings, and I was really, really impressed. I will use Royal Decks for anything deck related in the future. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much for a nice review. It was pleasure working with you. Enjoy your new decks!

Adam C in Toronto
Adam C in Toronto

Front porch, hot tub pergola and back deck pergola

Royal Decks did a great job of accommodating our design ideas with our covered hot tub pergola, our backyard deck pergola and our front porch column and railings.
We needed to make some changes, and they were helpful with those and came up with solutions for us, rather than just telling us it couldn't be done like that.

Thank you for a very nice review Adam. It was pleasure working with you. Always happy to offer a constructive advice.

More about Royal Decks And Landscapes

ROYAL Decks Co. is a custom decking company priding itself in high quality of work and complete customer satisfaction. ROYAL Decks Co. focuses on specialty materials, such as exotic hardwoods, low maintenance materials and high grades of cedar. ROYAL Decks Co. offers a complete solution for a homeowner from custom designs to the execution of the project.

ROYAL Decks Co. was founded in Burlington Ontario and quickly grew to serve all surrounding areas of Toronto and also Calgary since 2008 onwards. We are successful because we take every deck builder project as if it was the only one, although we build hundreds each year.

Our success is based on the following five core values:

Great design
Quality work
Build on time and budget
Provide great warranty
Safety

Great design
In order for the deck to be great, it has to be usable, look great and fulfill all of the customer's expectations. With our extensive experience, we will work with you to design the deck that will serve the purpose, according to your needs. This means getting the right size and shape of the deck, getting the right features and selecting the right materials. We work with many materials of different properties and we are sure to find one that will work for you.

Build quality
We have only the most experienced carpenters. Our carpenters have been in construction most of their lives and they build decks not because they have to, but because they love it. All of our decks have to meet very strict ROYAL Decks Co. quality control on top of any building code requirements. Our decks not only meet building code, they exceed it.

Build on time and on budget
Our estimate includes time frame when the project will be started, how long it will take and how much exactly it will cost. We strive to make the construction process an enjoyable experience. That is why we take these extra seriously.

Provide great warranty
We are proud to give one of the best warranties in the business to every deck that carries ROYAL Decks Co. name on it. We stand behind the work that we do. To see details about our warranty please visit our warranty website.

Safety
Safety is our utter most requirement doing any work. We carry both WCB and WSIB, to date without a single claim. We keep our workplace neat and organized to minimize any injuries.

Sincerely,