Rona Lansing - Sheppard Ave E

Building Supplies and Hardware
258 Sheppard Ave E Toronto ON M2N3B1
HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in North York  >  Rona Lansing - Sheppard Ave E

Reviews for Rona Lansing - Sheppard Ave E

Angie from Toronto
Angie from Toronto
10 reviews North York, ON

Kitchen Renovations

RONA sold me my quartz countertop, sink, faucet and backsplash. They contracted the countertop through Uniform Custom Countertops and the backsplash, plumbing and existing counter removal through J.C. Contracting. Uniform and J.C. Contracting were great to work with. However, the process could have been smoother with RONA. The first contractor they arranged was unreliable. I also found RONA to be pushy when it came to the overall sale. I would be willing to try RONA again for another renovation project, just not a kitchen. Next time I will work with Uniform and J.C. Contracting directly.

Review has 1 previous version
John McKean in Willowdale
John McKean in Willowdale
18 reviews North York, ON

Plumbing Hardware

I went to the Sheppard Ave. E store to replace either a leaky faucet cartridge (if they could help me get it out) or the entire valve assembly. There was no manufacturer identification on anything.

Happily, I got Sidney in the plumbing department and he was very helpful. After trying his best to remove the cartridge, he said any more force would probably destroy the whole assembly. Since we would need to know who made it to get a new assembly, the only thing he could suggest was to soak it in CLR or vinegar for a couple of hours. Good advice - worked like a charm - thanks Sidney! Sorry you missed a sale, but I'll be back soon.

Anatoliy Homes
Anatoliy Homes
5 reviews North York, ON

new home

The Rona lansing located at a prime location of Yonge and 401.
Easy to reach place when your construction site just around the corner. The prices are fair bat the good things about the store is a helpful staff

peter tutlys from North York
peter tutlys from North York
2 reviews North York, ON

misc. house parts

the finest residential area home parts store...staff are great, friendly and accomodating....they know their stuff....i hope they never close...better service than at the larger competitive stores around in the neighbourhood.

Dana Shack from Toronto
Dana Shack from Toronto

Kitchen Design

If you need help designing a kitchen, go see Camelia Ivanca at Rona in North York. She is wonderful! I asked her to design my kitchen in a condo in 2011 and it is perfect! Camelia is very easy to work with and talented in space planning. She came up with a great idea for an island. Thank you!

Kim Garner in Thornhill
Kim Garner in Thornhill
1 review THORNHILL, ON

Paint

great quality and service. Quick and efficient, friendly helpers. Hours of operation allowed easy access when ran out of paint. Also bought new sinks for kitchen. Quick and efficient service and prompt call back to advise delivery.

M in Scarborough
M in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Renos

We started dealing with a new employee at this location. She seemed knowledgeable and efficient. A few days later we tried to follow-up with our proposed plans. She seemed scattered and indifferent. Well, not someone we would entrust with our kitchen and bath updates!!!!

cam k. in North york
cam k. in North york
4 reviews NORTH YORK, ON

Misc house projects (Desks, bedframes, shelving)

I had a few "honey-do" projects to complete around the house. First off I had to build a desk for my son. I went to the local "big box" store and could not find anyone to help me or cut the lumber I needed. I preceed to go to Rona down the street from me and was greeted by a few staff members asking if I needed help.

The Rona staff were very friendly and offered great advise and tips for my house projects.

I ended up buying lots of lumber, some milled wood, some hardware (screws, brackets) and some wood stain and urethane.

kitchen in North york
kitchen in North york
1 review North York, ON

Install Ceramic Tiles

I have a standard kitchen with vinyl tiles. Just got their estimates to replace vinyl with ceramic tiles. They came with 10$ per sq.ft. or 1250$ per 120 sq ft! Materials are not included, "customer to pick tiles".

No more Rona for me. Ever.

MT in Toronto
MT in Toronto

Paint

The fiance and I went to the Sheppard Ave location to look for Benjamin Moore paint (we had just moved into our house in Aug). The sales associate there gave us great time and attention given that it was only her in the paint section and 2 other customers waiting for her assistance as well. After she had briefed us with paint info, she advised us that Rona was going to have their semi-annual paint sale the next week (buy 2, get another 1 free). She also recommended a good time for us to go as one can imagine what a zoo the store would be for a paint sale.

Fast forward to 2 weeks when we decided to actually start painting. We realized that the grey we had chosen for a room came out just too blue. Called the store to advise of our problem and they happily told us to come by to get the colour adjusted.

A different paint sale rep was there to help us out this time and she was a world and a half of help. She fully knew her colours and technique to help us get the right colour desired (which was a little difficult as the paint we brought in was already tinted). She was so sweet and extremely knowledgeable and the paint colour turned out great!

I would highly recommend someone to head over there for paint help!