Ridley Windows & Doors Inc.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
60 Clayson Rd Toronto ON M9M

Reviews for Ridley Windows & Doors Inc.

Awful people we actually had them remove the windows eventually

My experience with them was a while back but even after a number of years I still feel that I should share just how terrible these people were to deal with.

At the heart of the issue is that they neither manufacture not do they install windows. The installer they hired dropped window and broke the frame. The Installer didn't want to pay for the window, neither did the manufacturer that said it had been shipped in good condition, neither did Ridley as it would cost too much to re-order. They (and the designer we hired) tried to persuade us to put up with a horrible fix. However the bad work didn't stop there: They insisted we didn't need a lintel (our Engineer said otherwise), they used a saw to literally cut through all of our bricks which made it harder for the next installer who said that a professional installer would have "teethed" the brick) The woodwork was so shocking literally plywood held together with a few nails!! . No insulation. Gaps where you could see daylight. Third floor window only held in with caulk (I was told the first time I tried to lean against it I would have ended up on the sidewalk. Literally the worst work I have ever seen. Ridley and the design firm argued the toss endlessly with us until we eventually insisted they remove their horrible work and went with Marvin (who were absolutely the BEST). Traumatising few months dealing with bullies.

Weston
Weston

Fixing an old problem

Just have to say a big thanks to Ridley. During a recent cold spell I discovered a problem with my large bay window that was installed by Ridley many years ago. I called them, Mauricio out to investigate and then a couple of days later Mario came out and fixed the problem at no charge. Great service and very pleasant to deal with. Thanks again to Diana, Marlene, Mauricio and Mario. Great job!

G
G

Expensive, Poor Customer Service, and Riddled with Errors

We had all of the windows for our Edwardian home replaced with Norwood wooden window. We dealt with Jeff Cairns throughout the process. He came to do the measurements before the order was placed. There were countless issues during the process and the details are shoddy. Not only that but two of the windows were mismeasured. One was eventually replaced but without a double sash. The other one (a $3200 triple pane window on the facade) was never replaced despite it having clearly been mismeasured and despite the fact that it didn't match the original trim work around it. We ended up having to redo the trimwork at our own cost. This is particularly absurd since this company claims to specialize in historical restorations and we had discussed the window in detail with Jeff. When we contacted him to discuss this and many other issues, Jeff was very rude and refused to assist. We spent countless hours escalating and going back and forth and they agreed to fix the more minor issues but, despite the management agreeing to resolve the issue, no one has contacted us since. I would avoid this company at all costs. They are rude, incompetent and don't stand behind their products.

Review sites are very helpful and Ridley is far from perfect but we definitely go beyond that extra mile when something does go sideways on a particular project. As this site tells you we have had great success and we have had some challenges on projects. This particular review bothers us for a number of reasons:
1) The reviewer calls out a particular individual but the reviewer themselves stay anonymous
2) The reviewer states measuring errors but does not disclose that when a Contractor is installing the products it is their responsibility for final measurements, a Ridley policy which only makes sense considering they are installing
3) Calling someone incompetent is beyond Rude, this is also very humorous as they call us Rude!
4) It would be great to hear from this particular reviewer with how the entire process went and if they have had any difficulty with anyone else on the project, or everyone else????

Again, Ridley is far from perfect however please be cautioned that there are always two sides to every story!!!

Missed every step... then wanted US to apologize

The negative reviews here are correct. We had errors in colour, timing, measurement, design, price, YOU NAME IT. Often same error made multiple times. One window took over a year and four different people coming out to measure to get it right! What?!? isn't this your job? Then, no compensation for the issues and they were down right rude about being asked for updates on the situation. How far this company has fallen from what it once was.

Brandon From Waterdown in Burlington
Brandon From Waterdown in Burlington
1 review Smithville, ON

Tens of Thousands on Windows

I agree with many of the other poor reviews here. We spent tens of thousands of dollars at Ridley, and In my opinion they have some of the worst after sales service I have ever experienced. Constantly ignoring emails, almost never returning phone calls, and not providing what we've paid for.

After 3 years of discussions we have never received the screens for the bedroom windows we paid for. Many of the screens we have are so loose they let bugs through (see picture). After 2 service visits (the second of which took over a year to set up), and an admission that some screens were out of tolerance, we still have never heard anything back.

I am shocked Ridley is still in business., and

MiaK in Toronto
MiaK in Toronto

Kitchen window reno

Awesome windows, special orders not a problem, and we were looking for high end products to enhance our new kitchen renovation. Fantastic workers, fast, clean, and precise. We used Ridley for several other jobs, fully impressed, given the challenges we had finding windows in the past.

Jim A from Toronto
Jim A from Toronto

Poor Customer Service

I spent a small fortune with Ridley Windows about 15 years ago for my house in Forest Hill. Recently the windows have begun to fog up - something that is expected as a house ages. I have tried contacting Ridley Windows on numerous occasions, just looking for either a quote on fixing the windows or for them to direct me to someone who could.

I have yet to receive a response and it's clear they don't care about their customers - no matter how much they have spent with them in the past.

Jim in Forest Hill

Very poor attention to details. Very high prices without the service.

Ridley replaced all the windows and sliding doors in my place. Big job, and considering the cost they did a very poor job.

Some of the doors don't close properly. Trim is pathetic, it looks like it was rushed through.

Would not recommend using them. Although they are very nice in quoting and setting things up. The result has been very disappointing.

Leslie from Toronto
Leslie from Toronto

Window Installation/Service

We selected Norwood windows. The service was excellent from start to finish. Incredible warranty too. Gina and Diana (from the office) answered all of my questions and followed up quickly. The installers were quick and clean. Would definitely recommend to all.

frances in Mississauga
frances in Mississauga

Remove and cut brick for windows

Great workmanship, crew cleaned up, showed up when arranged, worked in bad weather. They offered other solutions to some areas we weren't sure about. Competitive pricing, also ordered windows to be delivered by Ridley

More about Ridley Windows & Doors Inc.

Ridley Windows & Dors has ben distributing wod windows and dors since 1985, serving the residential, comercial and institutional construction markets. We distribute Kolbe Windows & Dors and Norwod Windows & Dors throughout southern Ontario and western Quebec, with emphasis on projects in the Greater Toronto Area, rural estate and ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Weston?