ReStore East York - Habitat For Humanity

Kitchen Planning & Renovation
1120 Caledonia Rd Toronto, ON ON M6A 2W5
HomeStars  >  Kitchen Planning & Renovation in North York  >  ReStore East York - Habitat For Humanity

Reviews for ReStore East York - Habitat For Humanity

Henry from Scarborough
Henry from Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

renovation materials

I am a design consultant. I try to achieve the WOW factor for my projects. I find that I can save $$ by purchasing many items at Habitat and putting the savings towards the cost of those items that will give me that WOW factor...without going over the budget. Be careful though, many times I feel that stuff is overpriced...negotiate to bring them down.

Sam L in Markham
Sam L in Markham

French Doors

The staff at the ReStore I visited was were friendly and helpful. The volume & variety of home/reno products available at the store was surprising.....and they have new stuff coming in all of the time. I bought a set of locking exterior french doors for a fraction of the price I would have elsewhere. Compareable products were going to cost me close to $1000. The set I got was $250 and was in near perfect condition except for a slight scratch on the left door. Score! I also like the fact that the money I spent goes to a good cause. Very happy customer. I will be back!

Dana in Toronto
Dana in Toronto
6 reviews TORONTO, ON

Kitchen Reno

We were redoing our kitchen and a friend told us about ReStore. It was a fantastic experience, and were were able to get everything we needed from glass to cabinetry. Prices were very reasonable and the quality of the products far exceeded my expectations for a store that sells things "gently used". Will def return!

Barb in East york
Barb in East york
7 reviews East York, ON

Purchased Dishwasher

We all know about the great work that Habitat does,well I found an excellent condition portable Maytag dishwasher there for under 100 dollars! The same model was still for sale at other stores. Volunteers helped load it into the car as well.

Andrea Sierra in York
Andrea Sierra in York
4 reviews YORK, ON

looking around for door side panels

i was looking around for glass door side/top panels. i had found this beautiful top panel piece marked at $20 and a matching side panel, with no price.

When i asked one of the sales associate if she could help, she completely walked by me, and only acknowledge me with a curt and rude 'wait!'

well about 5 minutes later she comes back and i ask her if she can tell me the price. She says it should be around $90. i found this unreasonable considering, all other side/top panels varied at $10 - $40.

well i showed her the matching top panel, and told me i was wrong, that it should be more. As i had put on the sticker. She then proceeded to rip off the sticker and replaces it with one marked $50.

needless to say, i didn't take them. instead found another 2 matching pair that i bought all together for a little less than $40.

this sales associate completely ruined my experience for this store!
I don't think i'll be going back to this location anytime soon.

Zedek in Thornhill
Zedek in Thornhill
1 review THORNHILL, ON

kitchen cabinets

I needed some kitchen cabinets replaced for a reasonable price and Habitat for Humanity did it for us. The company is flexible and was very understanding of my busy schedule. Service was quick and professional.

marie in rundle
marie in rundle

mirror

what a fantastic place to go to..Everything in the store is sold at such a reasonable rate..i actually went to find a mirror for my hallway. i was happy to find what i needed...i ended up buying paint and other wall accents ..i would definitely go to this place again ...These guys have everything for your home improvement

mark in Ajax
mark in Ajax
3 reviews AJAX, ON

General home repairs

This place is amazing! It has everything that I need and at a very good price! I was going to pick up a few things for home repairs and i wasn't expecting to buy new and brand name - but they have that there! The store was clean and lots of new items too!

Daniel Gamper in York
Daniel Gamper in York
2 reviews York, ON

doors for home renovation

I was trying to keep the heating costs down in my drafty Victorian home and so was looking for some doors to put up in 5 different doorways in my home. I really didn't want to pay too much and I also wanted to find some older doors to keep the style of the rest of the home consistent. I went to the re-store and was amazed at what I found. They were actually having a sale on doors, and I was able to buy 5 doors for a super low price. Each door was listed at around $80 and they were actually reduced to about $5 each! What a find! The salespeople were really helpful and courteous and I will definitely return to the Re-Store for future projects!

More about ReStore East York - Habitat For Humanity

Deconstruction and removal of kitchens and building materials from you home at not cost to you. All items are donated to Habitat for Humanity ReStores. A tax reciept is issued for all donated items. The Toronto ReStores are owned and operated by Habitat for Humanity Toronto.