Tiger Home Inspection Incorporated

Seth
Seth
1 review , MA

Home Inspection

I recently had my two-family home inspected by Tiger. Upon the initial inspection, I thought Tiger had done a passable job (despite some language issues -- heavy accent making inspector difficult to understand).

However, upon further review, it turns out the inspector missed a MASSIVE repair that was easily caught by the other units inspector, unfortunately too late for me.

As it turns out, the inspector refused to go on the roof even though it was readily accessible (by claiming it was not accessible in the report). As a result, he missed a 12 ft patch of EPDM rubber that was well past its usable life. The replacement cost for this was $1,600, of which the other buyers got a $1,000 credit for.

When I called the company to discuss this issue, they were rude, and had the audacity to say "you cannot compare my inspectors to those of another company." Isn't that what business is about, being better than your competitors? Don't waste your time on Tiger, they are worse...

MLB
MLB
35 reviews Boston, MA

home inspection

We are buying a home and the seller died, so very little is known about the home's condition. Joel from Tiger Home Inspection arrived before our scheduled appointment and did some o the exterior review before we even met. He was very patient and explained every detail. We were able to go back to the seller's estate lawyer and discuss various issues not only with the inspection report, but also with the knowledge Joel gave us through his explanations. From the urnace in the basement to the insulation in the attic, Joel showed me everything about the house. I cannot recommend Joel enough.

Greg - The Brookline Connection

Home inspection

While there are some very good Tiger inspectors, I have found they are a little hit or miss unless you request someone specific by name. The inspectors tend to "overstate" issues in relation to the normal condition of comparable homes.