Quin-teriors

Interior Decorators
HomeStars  >  Interior Decorators in Toronto  >  Quin-teriors

Reviews for Quin-teriors

Condo Kitchen Renovation

We hired Kathy based on a referral from a colleague. The project was a kitchen renovation in a condo. Kathy was pleasant to deal with. She coordinated the work being done by the cabinet maker and contractor. She helped us pick out the cabinets, knobs, handles, countertop, backsplash, grout, paint and flooring, The quality of the cabinetry, countertop and the design is excellent. The colours and textures go well together and suit our preferences. The new LED lighting is bright and practical. The lazy susan makes the corner cabinet usable. The new cupboard gives us additional space which was needed in our condo kitchen.

Thanks for the review. It was my pleasure to work with you and provide a kitchen within your budget.

VM in
VM in

Kitchen update & master bathroom reno

Kathy of Quin-teriors is our go to designer for all of our home renovation projects. We recently worked together on a kitchen update and she helped us with a design plan for our master bathroom renovation.
In the kitchen we selected a new counter top, sink, back splash tiles and she co-ordinated the trades she works with to complete the project on budget and on time! We also worked together to select fabric to reupholster our dining chairs and a new area rug through her suppliers. We are very happy with our kitchen transformation and appreciate Kathy's design advice!
In our master bathroom Kathy helped us think through the space and how we wanted to use it. She designed a custom vanity and provided ongoing advice on materials to use in the space.
We continue to value Kathy's hard work and dedication to meeting our needs in all of our projects. We will definitely work with Kathy again.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and it is always my pleasure to work with and your family consistently on any project that you may have. Enjoy your new ensuite, kitchen and Dining room enhancements.

All the best,
Kathy

S.M. in
S.M. in

Kitchen Renovation

Kathy helped me transform my condominium kitchen into a beautiful space. She reviewed the choices I made in new cupboard doors and handles and then helped me choose an appropriate countertop and backsplash that would co-ordinate perfectly. She really helped me narrow down my search as I was so overwhelmed with the amount of options we have out there. She also gave me the names of her suppliers for sinks and faucets and made me aware of the order that things need to be purchased in redoing a kitchen. Kathy is friendly, reliable and professional and I definitely see us working on more projects in the future.

Thanks for the review and your newly updated kitchen looks great! I welcome the opportunity to working with you again.

All the best,
Kathy

Bathroom

My husband and I were renovating a 1950's bungalow. I happen to find Kathy through another designer, and thank goodness I did!! Kathy is extremely knowledgeable and has a great vision which helped with choosing our bathroom tiles, and fixtures. As well as helping with the selection of the foyer tile. She took the time to visit tile store, she came over on several occasions to reassure the project would be amazing!!

Thanks Ania! It was great working together and shopping for the perfect tiles and fixtures for your newly renovated home. Enjoy the transformation!

Stuart Allan in Toronto
Stuart Allan in Toronto

Bathroom renovation

Kathy coordinated and consulted on our bathroom renovation. Her expert knowledge, advice, and contractor choices had the job done on-time and within budget. This was a big job - merging two existing rooms and relocating plumbing, doors and electrical services. Kathy's easy going style and good humour made working with her a pleasure.
Should we have another project, we'll certainly call Kathy again.

Thanks Stuart, and it was a challenge to accommodate your wish list, but we did it and the end result was great!

Best Regards, Kathy of Quin-teriors

Kitchen, living room, dining room reno and update

Kathy responded to our call for help as we were in mid-renovation with our kitchen, and needed some professional input. She provided the paint colour for the whole main floor, as well as helping to select countertop, backsplash, flooring, etc. for the kitchen and furniture and rugs for the LR and DR. The tradespeople she took us to or recommended have all provided excellent service. Kathy is a pleasure to work with. Her positive energy, sense of humour, and attention to our needs and style have lightened the sometimes stressful renovation process. We are very happy with the results and highly recommend Quin-teriors. We only wish we had known to have her on board from the beginning of the project.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and all of the great changes, additions and purchases that we made really bring your rooms cohesively together in a combination of both your tastes.

Mrs. G in Etobicoke
Mrs. G in Etobicoke

Move to a condo

I wrote a review on Quin-teriors 5 years ago when I worked with Kathy on my big move from a large detached home to a town-house. I recently made the move to a condo and I called on Kathy again to help with the transition. I could not have done it without her! She is an invaluable resource, creative, thoughtful and such a pleasure to deal with. She is a professional you can trust. She helped me with the purchase and placement of new furniture, selecting paint colours throughout my condo, as well as a window treatment and art work. I was able to use movers she recommended to move some of my older furniture and provided someone to install the new drapes. They did a great job. She helped me transform my new space into something that really feels like home and meets my needs. She is a thoughtful and caring professional and I would not hesitate to recommend her to any individual or business.

Thanks for the review, and I always look forward to our paths crossing. This new condo is definitely you! Enjoy it and all the best!

Debra Perkins in Toronto
Debra Perkins in Toronto

Eleven year history working with Quin-teriors

Looking back I realize I started working with Kathy back in 2004 when we were ready to furnish our living room. Then again in 2010 when we were redoing our master bedroom and bath and carpeting the stairs. Again in 2015 I called Kathy when it was time to repaint living room, buy new sheers to complement the living and dining room window treatments and choose a colour for a room recently vacated by our youngest son. Always Kathy is warm and friendly, listens to my ideas and then works with me to find what will work best and sometimes nudge me when I know I'm going with boring but don't know what else to do. Always my go-to decorator!

It is always a pleasure to see past clients, and make suggestions to previous choices. I love the new colours that we choose! Enjoy and I look forward to another project.

Michele in Etobicoke
Michele in Etobicoke

Colour Consultation, Furnishings, Window Coverings

I recently had an extensive renovation of my home completedd this past summer. Kathy was such a big help in the selection of paint colours, furniture layout and selection and window coverings.

She was able to source some great anchor pieces of furniture for my family room and bedroom. I was really pleased with the people/companies she recommended for my furniture and my window coverings.

Kathy is very personable, reliable, punctual, detail-oriented, and very easy to work with. She genuinely takes into consideration her client's likes/dislikes when making recommendations and provided good guidance and advice. I am very please with the outcome, and how comfortable my home feel to me as a result.

I definitely would recommend Kathy's services to anyone who requires interior design/decorating services!

Thanks Michele for the review! It was a great pleasure to work with you to select the items that you required for your home and know that our trades & suppliers provided you with professional service.

Kristy from Toronto
Kristy from Toronto
4 reviews Aurora, ON

Interior Decorating Services

I have been working with Kathy Quinn of Quin-teriors for approximately 5 months, since August of 2014. I contacted her to assist me with decor elements for my new house and I’m so glad that I did! We have started with the family room and dining room and my husband and I are extremely pleased with the results. These rooms are turning out beautifully and are exactly what we hoped for. Kathy has assisted us with selecting lighting fixtures, furniture, artwork, lamps, fabrics for pillows and chairs, and a paint colour for the re-finishing of a dining hutch. She has also helped to determine the ideal furniture placement for each room. Kathy does a great job in tailoring her recommendations to the style of the client rather than her own style. She understands our tastes very well and seems to know exactly what we are looking for in each room. As a result, her pre-selections and suggestions for furniture and accessories have been spot on. I am very impressed with her ability to know what we will like and make it happen! Kathy responds quickly to emails and phone calls, and is always thorough and detailed in answering questions. I have appreciated her honest feedback when I pass along my own ideas for furniture or accessories! Kathy also has great contacts in the trades. She coordinated re-finishing an old dining hutch and reupholstering an old chair on our behalf and both pieces turned out beautifully. The work was flawless. These previously outdated pieces have been transformed so they look contemporary and fresh, yet they have retained their character and charm. In addition, Kathy’s seamstress did an amazing job sewing custom pillows for us out of fabrics Kathy and I selected. I would definitely recommend Kathy to anyone look for assistance designing their perfect room or a full house. You will not be disappointed!

Hi Kristy! Thank you for the review, and it was great working with you on your new home to provide the details that you required. I look forward to our continuing relationship in completing the rest of the projects. It is a pleasure to suggest our dedicated trades with quality workmanship and know they are appreciated. Best Regards,
Kathy of Quin-teriors

More about Quin-teriors

WEBSITE: www. quin-teriors. ca. Kathy of Quin-teriors who works with you to incorporate your vision and discover your personal style. Our passion is to integrate your ideas into reality for your space. From conception to completion we help you to achieve a home that reflects you and your lifestyle.