Adt Protectron

charity in Stony plain
charity in Stony plain
3 reviews STONY PLAIN, AB

Home alarm

Have used this company for 5 years with nothing but success. I have used th emergency buttons and have always been assisted in a fast, efficient manner will not hesitate to resign when I contract is up. Truly the most comforting part is the speaker with the actual rep that comes on to talk to you. three illustrated buttons so that a young child can activate if needed. (it has happened by a accident with our 2yr old!)

g in Oakville
g in Oakville
1 review OAKVILLE, ON

home security

In our first home, we had a contract with Protectron. When we bought the current house, it was with some other smaller company so we switched back to Protectron since the service was good and reasonable. Shortly thereafter, the Protectron was bought by Reliance and basically the service level is not the same.

Some of the changes are:

1/ no phone call from the monitoring station upon 2 accidental tripping of the alarm - maybe I'm not being monitored?
2/ Recently I had to call the monitoring station to inform them of some work being done at my house. Was in the queue for 10 mins. - Shouldn't there be a quicker response time? What if there was trouble?
3/ When I finally got thru, I was asked to update my call list. - They had the correct contacts but all the phone #s were wrong by one or two digits?
4/ after being a customer for almost 10 years, I'm now being charged for someone to come out to reconnect my alarm system after renovations. - not even one courtesy service call after being a customer for nearly 10 years?

Now I will say in Reliance's defense that their poor service is not an exception but seems to be rather the norm for the home security industry. I've heard a ton of horror stories about the other guys as well.

Maybe there is no need for performance in this industry?

lorne in North york
lorne in North york
17 reviews ,

installed new alarm

Had an alarm installed in our new home. The service was great from the time we called to get a quote up to the minute they left our house. The installer was knowledgable and was very thorough in showing us how to use the system, so much so he would not leave until I showed him that I was able to navigate on my own. .

Katie Langdon
Katie Langdon
3 reviews Drumheller, AB

home security

Their installers were very professional and polite when working in my home. When changes have been required, appointment times have be very quick. When changes were necessary, telephone staff were very helpful, and understood the system and how to change settings.

D in Brampton
D in Brampton
1 review BRAMPTON, ON

House alarm

I signed a contract for three years. Half way into the contract, my battery became low. I called Reliance to ask them to replace it and they said they would be charging me $50 for a new battery. I refused to pay based on the price and the fact I am still under contract with them. What am I payiing $30 a month for + $50 for a new battery? I told them I would not be renewing my contract. The attitude of the supervisor I spoke to refused to provide a battery free of charge - not my fault the battery is low! He didn't seem to care that I was not happy as a customer and didn't offer any other solution other than pay for the battery or it's my problem my house is unprotected.

Murray C in Edmonton
Murray C in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Alarm

We have monthly monitoring. Staff is friendly and promt.Arrived on time for install. Helpful when answering questions. Alarm work well and easy to you. We feel safe with the proctection we are receiving.
would recommend to other looking for an alarm company.

Rand McNally in Calgary
Rand McNally in Calgary

Home Alarm

They've been a good alarm company, but now that my contract is done. They aren't willing to make any deals for renewing or on their newest technology. If they would, I would probably stay with them. During my research all the companies offer about the same service for the same prices.

Lisa in Pickering
Lisa in Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Alarm Service

I have been a client with Reliance Protectron for over 6 years.
As with any organization/relationship there’s bound to be some bumps, however overall no serious concerns over the years now.
Until yesterday January 5 2012 The keypad for my alarm was not working at all, I could not arm or disarm my home since December 25 2011.
I immediately called tech support, they instructed me to press buttons on the keypad to determine whether an emergency could be detected. The test failed and a service call was set up for January 5 2012. Since I had no service for this period of time, I contacted customer service and requested that my billing reflect the time that I was without service. I was told at the time to call back once the service was done. It turned out that the batteries for the unit had to be replaced, the tech advised that certain batteries could only be purchased via Reliance, however the standard ones were replaced and the keypad was functional again.
Please keep in mind that there is no message indicating battery low or display, so had Tech did some probing and further troubleshooting this may have been detected earlier. Although the service was under warranty, what if a charge had been incurred?
Moving on, I than contacted customer service on January 5 2012 to advise that the service call had been completed and explained the above details to a rep named Jerry or Gerry. He in turn red from the customer service agreement that it was my responsibility and was not willing to adjust the bill to reflect the time without service. I was livid!!
I couldn’t believe the nerve of this rep, here I was a customer of several years, paid my bill on time and he chose to read from the service agreement instead of using the customer service skills of active listening and problem solving to ensure that he was addressing the concerns reasonably and within the organization’s parameters. I immediately asked to speak with a supervisor, I let him know that I would wait instead of waiting 48hrs for callback. This transpired during my break time at work, and so I ran out of time and held up abruptly. I tried to call back the same night, but time was not on my side and had to call back the next day. I did so and spoke with Sherry ID# TR019. I asked to speak with a supervisor, explained to her what was going on, and that I was on the verge of taking my business elsewhere. She clarified what my concerns were and placed me on a brief hold. Moments later, she returned and apologized for the inconvenience and frustration I faced with the previous agents, and explained that a partial adjustment could not be offered, however she would reimburse me for a month. Grateful I was for her generosity and accepted this offer.
Exemplary customer service entails listening to the concerns of the customer, and than being able to address the concerns fairly or else those customers take their business elsewhere. I just want to thank you Sherry and to let Reliance know that agents like Sherry who possess these skills are what really matters for customers like myself to stay with a company for many more years to come!

Cheers Sherry!

Jeff in Maple
Jeff in Maple

Home Security Monitoring

My alarm provider recently switched to Reliance as their monitoring company of choice. Twice my alarm has been tripped recently by my daughter and in both cases the monitoring company did not bother to follow up to see if there was an issue. With the previous monitoring service I always received a courtesy call within minutes to check to see if everything was OK. To be honest it makes me wonder why I am paying $20 a month for this service. While I understand that nothing was wrong in this case how does the security company know that someone isn't in my house and forcing me to disable the alarm? I would definitely not renew my contract when the term expires.

More about Adt Protectron

Headquartered in Montreal and Toronto, ADT is one of Canada’s largest monitoring and alarm system installation companies, with solutions including the full line of Protectron's products. With its network of qualified professionals specializing in the sale, installation, servicing and monitoring of electronic security systems, it serves more than 800, 000 ...
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Toronto?