Adt Protectron

Tomie
Tomie
9 reviews CALGARY, AB

Security system

I have to say their customer service is horrible. When they came to install our secruity system, they ended up made two huge holes on our wall and on top of that it took all day to install the system even thought their job was on only booked for few hours... After the mess happend, we had to call every day to figure out what the next steps to fix the issue. However nobody followed up on our issue for 4 days. We are still waiting for some kind of compensation as of today... its has been a month....

Ruth in Calgary
Ruth in Calgary

Security System

I had a security system with Voxcom which then became Reliance Protectron. I believe they have been a good alarm company. I had no issues with monitoring or cancelling my monitoring once our contract was done; however, they aren’t willing to offer any deals for renewing a contract. While I was researching other companies, I found cheaper prices with newer technology though I was still willing to pay more to stay with a company I had trusted. I had contacted Reliance Protectron and I did not get a response back which helped my decision to look elsewhere.

McCarthy in Hamilton
McCarthy in Hamilton
1 review , ON

Home security

Wireless home security system installed, false alarms almost every time it's set. Once it didn't go off but they dispatched police for which I have been charged $50. Sometimes when it's not set it begins to randomly beep, in the middle of the night. 3X tech has been and unable to fix it. The last time they indicated it was was not compatible with Apple wireless router and installed a "work around". It still doesn't work. Tech said he has 3 other people with the same problem. Today I demanded they remove the system and end the contract for their inability to provide the service. Requested refund of $100 I paid for an additional motion sensor and they pay the $50 police charge. No one wants to take responsibility so currently in runaround between Reliance and outsources installation company.

Sarah in Edmonton
Sarah in Edmonton
6 reviews Edmonton, AB

Alarm System

Protectron installed a new alarm in our home when we moved in. Although they couldn't guarantee the old components left from the former owner, they were kind enough to wire them in to our new system. They made recommendations for lots of additional equipment (extra key pad, glass breaking sensors, etc) but in the end, they did what I wanted for the price we agreed.

We pay monthly for monitoring and the service is good.

Farahnaz  in Edmonton
Farahnaz in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Reliance protectron home alarm system

Some associate came to our door and asked us if he could talk to us about the home alarm system. We let him in he told us about the offer and told us that there would be NO contract and they would install the system for free and we could cancel at any time without penalty. When we got the first bill we wanted to cancel they said we signed a contract and when they sent us a copy of the contract we signed it had a three year term written on it but the funny thing was that our copy didn't have that and we had the original copy. In the end they cancelled without penalty so everything worked out but very disappointed in the employee who came to our house. It took a very long time thought and they kept threatening to send us to the collections agency.

dianne in Edmonton
dianne in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

alarm system

we had a nice young man come to house and had install same day, it has been great and we now have peace of mind. they call right away when something go wrong so at least we know they are on top of things

tori burney in Calgary
tori burney in Calgary
14 reviews CALGARY, AB

Alarm System Install

Reliance Protectron came to our door offering an Alarm System Install. The man was very knowledgable, gave us information on the rate of break-ins in our area, the number of people with Reliance in our area & benefits to having the system. We agreed to have it installed for $50, the installer came about an hour later, cut a hole in the wall above our thermostat & inserted the key pad. He did a very good job, cleaned up all of the drywall dust etc. He took as much time as we needed explaining how to use the system, how to set passwords, walked us through various scenarios (break in, locked out of the house, false alarm etc.)
They are a great company & I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of an Alarm System.

CindybRamadhin in Airdrie
CindybRamadhin in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

Alarm System

I signed up with Reliance Protectron for over a year. I recently got out of the contract because of additional charges on my bill. I would not recommend this company because lack of help in the customer service department.

Seth Moore in EDMONTON
Seth Moore in EDMONTON
2 reviews EDMONTON, AB

Security / Alarm system install

The price and monthly cost were the main reason I picked them, that and they were a decent sized company. I got a really good discount through being an All State insurance customer.

Overall the equipment seems good enough, there isn't much to alarm equipment though.

The install guy was okay, but he wanted to mount a motion sensor in a bad spot because he couldn't do it on the outside wall rather than doing the right thing and going to get a wireless unit to put in the safest place for my family.

Install guys are hit in miss so I'm not going to crucify the company over one. If you can get the system for the right price, I'd recommend them again.

j in Edson
j in Edson
1 review EDSON, AB

Reliance Protection and to be repaired by Titain Alarm

This is the 3rd malfuntion of it going of for no reason. Alarm malfuntioned on April 27, called on April28. They would have someone from service call me within 48 hours. It is now May 17, still no call. Getting the run arround. Plus they will not give me a credit for a broken faulty alarm system.
Woken up at 1:30 am saying front door open, back door open. My mother is 76 years old and lives alone. We bought her this for piece of mind for both of us. This almost gave her a heart attack.
Now I wait again for a call back. If I don't get a call I'm done. My lawyer will handle it, and I will get out of this contract. A very dissatified custmer.

More about Adt Protectron

Headquartered in Montreal and Toronto, ADT is one of Canada’s largest monitoring and alarm system installation companies, with solutions including the full line of Protectron's products. With its network of qualified professionals specializing in the sale, installation, servicing and monitoring of electronic security systems, it serves more than 800, 000 ...
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Toronto?