Furniture
HomeStars  >  Furniture in Toronto  >  Pottery Barn

Reviews for Pottery Barn

David O'Brien in Mississauga
David O'Brien in Mississauga

Christmas order for my granddaughter

For the second Christmas in a row, Pottery Barn lost my order. This year I ordered a gift on December 2nd - I called on December 11th to check on the order and was told it was LOST !!!!!! To reorder would mean it would arrive after Christmas - my 3 year old granddaughter will be disappointed that she did not get the only gift she wanted from Santa. PLEAE DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS COMPANY - IT IS SIMPLY NOT DEPENDABLE AND IS NOT AT ALL CUSTOMER ORIENTED - I was told "sorry" at least a dozen times on the call and not once did anyone say "I am going to pull out all of the stops and make sure you get your product before Christmas" - that would have been outstanding customer service !!!!

Lorraine vadik in Surrey
Lorraine vadik in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Home consultation

I called for a free home decorator to give me advice on what to purchase from the pottery barn ,to finish the look of my house...
I was very disappointed the person had no clue as to my needs,found out later that she was not the stores decorator that does the displays.....therefore ,they lost a big sale which I was prepared to spend an X amount of $....

Mariana Aitken from Guelph
Mariana Aitken from Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Pottery Barn

I don't even know where to begin... My husband and I moved to Canada about a year ago and so we went to PB to buy what would be about 16,000 dollars worth of furniture. The first shipment of our kid's furniture was a hassle, it arrived a lot later than the estimated date and not complete. I had to keep recalling them to see when they would deliver. Second time around we bought patio furniture at the beginning of june and asked about the delivery as we had had a bad first experience and this would be a factor in us purchasing there again. I spent 1 hour and a half at the store in order to verify their stock and make sure everything was there to ensure delivery (which was a month later BTW). Estimated delivery comes around and no call or anything from them. I call about 3 times and they said they would get back to me, which they didn't. Until finally they do and tell me it will be another 3 weeks to deliver my furniture! Patio furniture that I bought at the beginning of the summer to arrive at the end of summer!!! We have plans of filing a formal complaint with lawyers as this is quite ridiculous. So although they have great products, if you are planning to buy furniture and having it delivered. THINK TWICE.

christy christopher from North Vancouver
christy christopher from North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Mold Infested Nursery Rug

I don't even know where to begin with the abysmal and almost laughable customer service from Pottery Barn kids and I write this now to warn parents of newborn infants about their level of quality control.
Firstly, Pottery Barn kids tries to brand itself as a somewhat upscale choice for infant products and at the premium they charge one may expect them to stand behind their merchandise. As a mother of twins who recently spent well over $1000 on cribs at their store and is always buying double of everything you one may think I would be considered a valued customer. In the last two months I also spent over 10 grand at their Pottery Barn store on furniture and my husband is in the design business dealing with potential referrals to their store every day. None of this was enough to show to show any level of customer service for the events that unfolded.
When ordering my nursery carpet I was somewhat hesitant as I was told the rug would take 2 months to arrive but it matched the cribs I had already purchased from them and decided to wait. When the rug arrived my husband commented that it 'stunk' but after being pregnant my sense of smell was shot and after an epic wait I was excited to open it. As he cut the plastic he continued to comment on its smell but continued to unravel it as my 1 month old infants slept in their crib. We were pretty shocked to discover that the carpet was wet and that black mold had begun to grow. This carpet had been stored in its plastic in my infants room for 4 days before the weekend and a chance to set it up. I am assuming that every parent may freak at the concept of mold in a newborn's nursery and that Pottery Barn would be somewhat mortified that they delivered a moldy carpet sold for a nursery. No such luck.
When I phoned their Vancouver store the manager offered no apology and only an option of a refund or reordering the rug and waiting another two months. It was almost comical and I was in disbelief as he acted like this happened all the time. When he asked me what I wanted and I responded 'maybe an apology' it was verbally offered but with little sincerity and with no offer of any additional investigation. Maybe I'm crazy but I think most parents of newborns may expect Pottery Barn kids to want to look into why they are sending out moldy kids' carpets as um according to Health Canada mold is kind of a dirty word these days.
After fighting with them for a week they eventually offered a gift certificate and half price off the carpet cost to reorder. Well the gift certificate never arrived and I only received a receipt in the mail that the carpet had been refunded but not reordered at half the cost. No note, no apology. If I had checked the US reviews before I would have seen how shoddy their service is and they should not be dealing with children's merchandise in any way.

maziar farhang-pajouh from North York
maziar farhang-pajouh from North York
1 review North York, ON

Two sets of kids bedroom

M5B2H1

Very very disappointed .Paid almost $9500 for two sets of bedroom for my three kids.They were Christmas gift and came a little late but one of the mattresses were wrong size and now we are still waiting on the January the 10th,2014!!!

Hugh Stephens from Toronto
Hugh Stephens from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

PB Prop Ladder Collection

Pottery Barn rips off Canadian consumers. This particular product was not available at the Yorkdale store, only online shipped from the US. The US price is $179 plus shipping. Naturally the CAD price will be more given the exchange rate, plus there will be Canadian duties and taxes. Fair enough. But Pottery Barn doesn't take the US price, add the exchange rate and shipping for Canadian customers. No, it marks up the base price by 20% (to US$215, then calculates the exchanges (so that the Canadian base price is $238), then adds shipping, bringing the total to $295. There is no reason, other than that they don't give a damn about their Canadian customers, for the 20% mark up. The product is shipped from the US and if shipped to Hong Kong, for example, the base price is the same as in the US, i.e $179 (converted to HKD with shipping added). But if a customer in next-door Canada orders it, the base price rises by $35 on a $179 item, before the necessary exchange rate calculations are made and shipping costs added. There is no excuse for this. They pretend to offer a service in Canada but all Pottery Barn does is charge a 20% markup on an identical product BEFORE they calculate the dollar exchange rate. No excuse.

Amy from Mississauga
Amy from Mississauga

Hastings Reclaimed Wood Coffee Table

M5B2H1

I love pottery barn however it is quite pricey. This place has antique furniture with wonderful quality and such a pleasant feel, however it does come with a high price. The atmosphere is very friendly in the store and the staff are willing to help where they can. I asked for the coffee table as soon as I got into the store and a lady walked me right to it. They had one in stock so I was able to get it the day of, but I heard this is unusual and often they have to order items for you. I would recommend this store to anyone who enjoys a modern, rough finish on their furniture.

Stephen in Toronto
Stephen in Toronto
26 reviews TORONTO, ON

Christmas Decorating

I find the furniture a little old-school for my tastes - think overstuffed couches and giant wood coffee tables, but during this time of year it's one of the few places to purchase quality christmas decorations. Lanterns, pine spray, vases, stocking holders, and the magic pickle! Only complaint is it is kind of pricey, but it's hard to find this kind of stuff in Toronto.

jodi from Toronto
jodi from Toronto

sheet sets and bedding for room

M5B2H1

i recently bought a sheet set for my daughters room. they staff are absolutely excellent there and a pleasure to deal with. they took their time helping me throroughly chose what works best for her room. overall an excellent company to buy childrens bedding and lamps and etc..

RR in Scarborough
RR in Scarborough
14 reviews Scarborough, ON

Home decor

I really like Pottery Barn. They have a great selection of home decor including serving ware, furniture, and bath accessories. The store displays always looks good and are a good source for design inspiration. The staff are always friendly and willing to help.

My one criticism of Pottery Barn would be that their prices can be expensive. Although I really like Pottery Barn, it is possible to find comparable products at other stores for less.

Overall I think Pottery Barn is a great store I would definitely recommend it.