Plumbway

Reviews for Plumbway

guillow in Hamilton
guillow in Hamilton

Waterline and Backwater valve

Had about 5 different quote from companies. Plumbway was the most professional. On time, lots of communication for the quote. Reasonable price compared to others. So we went with them.

The actual work done was extensive. They had to dig up my front lawn with a bobcat to replace lead water line. Had lots of discussions on best way to do it from running the new line through the ceiling of a finished basement, to underground, to around the house. Ended up going with under basement ground that was extra in cost that was unexpected but with good result in the end. Water pressure is better than before but still get a mild drop when multiple faucets are being used, but not too dramatic, and peace of mind that lead is out is nice.

Backwater valve was also extensive. Initially work started inside the house but found a broken sewer line right by the foundation. So they opted to take the repair just outside the house. Had to cut out asphalt parking pad to access the sewer line. Another extra cost that was significant but it was the recommended best action. No problems with the backwater valve now.

Professional behaviour during the work done. Kept the basement/house tidy with removal of shoes and effort to keep things clean. We did have a lot of conversation on the extra costs that cropped up so kept the lines of communication open.

Ideally would have preferred not to have the unexpected costs to come up, but I get that things change when you actually start the work. Unfortunately they did not have the expertise to fix the asphalt cutout they causes to do the work. Recommended asphalt contractor was not helpful and I had to get that done myself.

Overall good experience with good customer service. Cost was far more than expected but possibly not within our control... Major feedback would be to have better plan/costing to fix the asphalt that was a poor piece of the experience. Otherwise I would use them again.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. It was a pleasure working with you.

Chris in Hamilton
Chris in Hamilton

Lead line replacement

They couldn’t finish in a day left the pipe leaking all over the basement; mud everywhere. Now I’m in the hole $10,000 for sewer replacement that they damaged. WORST COMPANY EVER.

Hello Chris,
This work was done back in November 2017, at the time you were satisfied with the service provided. To call us hacks now is not a fair statement. If you can provide proof that we caused the damage we will compensate you for your loss. Our technicians are licensed, professional, work very hard and have a great sense of pride in the work that they do. We are disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with the service. Please contact the office if you wish to discuss further.

Jeff Dephew in Hamilton
Jeff Dephew in Hamilton

Water Service Replacement

We called Plumbway about our low water pressure in our home. An appointment was scheduled and John arrived right on time, he took the time to explain what was wrong and the steps needed to correct the problem which was our line from the street was made of lead.

Before we knew it Plumbway called us and schedule their crew in to do the repairs, everything was looked after for us, the permit, underground locates even for the city to come out and fix their section.

When they left everything was cleaned up and Stu and Kyle took the time to explain everything they had done. Thanks Plumbway!

Sandy in Hamilton
Sandy in Hamilton

Lead Waterline Replacement

I had an issue with poor water pressure in my home, a neighbor came over and check the waterline coming into my house and he thought it may be an old lead pipe.

I contacted a few contractors to ask about fixing it and fortunately one of the companies I called was Plumbway, the reason I say fortunately is because you should see what shows up at the door when you call around for help! Not an issue with Plumbway though, John was clean, professional and very knowledgeable and his price came in well within my budget. Thanks John.

Susan Clark from Dundas
Susan Clark from Dundas
5 reviews Hamilton, ON

Slow leak under kitchen sink

Ethan was efficient, clean and friendly. Problem was cold water line but he changed both since the other one would go soon. Cleaned our tap of calcium and was done within 40 minutes. This is the second time we have used them and won't go anywhere else.

Thank you Susan for your wonderful review! We're happy that you were pleased with our service.

Paul in Hamilton
Paul in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Slow toilet, basement drain concern

Plumbway was recommended by a contractor friend, I called about a slow toilet and a basement drain that appeared to have problems. The dispatcher was helpful, and provided an accurate time when the technician would arrive. Miki arrived the next day, exactly when we were told he would, and he did a great job. He gave candid advice about our options, got the toilet working again, and did a thorough inspection of the drain (turns out the drain isn't the issue that we thought it was). He wore booties throughout the work, left a clean workspace, and was friendly and professional throughout the service call. We will be calling Plumbway next time our home needs plumbing or drain repairs.

Thank you Paul for the detailed review! We're glad to hear that you were happy with our service. Give us a call anytime you need us, we'll be happy to help.

Jen in Hamilton
Jen in Hamilton

Replace Stack and misc plumbing

This is the first time I have had to hire a plumber for my new home. My house is old and mash of different DIY projects done over the years & my basement is an ugly place to work. These guys came in and did their work without a comment or complaint. They did it faster then I expected for the quoted price and were friendly and curteous.
Great work! I will definetly be recommending them.

jesselyn jade in Hamilton
jesselyn jade in Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

had to replace a toilet drain

plumbway showed up at 3 in the morning very quickly took only about 20 mins to show up and start working away the service was very good and the gentlemen were very kind and explained the process step by step giving me a sense i wasnt being ripped off

CAFFEE in West Oak Trails
CAFFEE in West Oak Trails

Fixed two toilets

I let the sign on the two bathroom doors warn people that the bathrooms were out of order for months. I just didn't want to pay a plumber! So glad I eventually did. The job is estimated by the work not by time. Now everyone doesn't have to go to the master to use the toilet.

More about Plumbway

When you call Plumbway, you get prompt, respectful, expert service from professionals who are proud of the licenses they hold. We can handle residential plumbing jobs of all types, from frozen pipes, water service replacement and cracked sewers to water purification systems.
Looking for Plumbing pros in Hamilton?