Platinum Stairs Ltd.

Stair Builders
460 Gilbert Avenue Toronto ON M6E 4X5
HomeStars  >  Stair Builders in Toronto  >  Platinum Stairs Ltd.

Reviews for Platinum Stairs Ltd.

New Stairs

Alex made promises, measurements and provided a quote. Got a 50% deposit and disaster - promised 6 weeks - took 7 months.

Very unprofessional at every level. I have decades experience in construction and this was the worst I have seen.

His worker was not paid - Alex hid his tools. Too much drama.

Would not answer calls - used every excuse in the book from broken vehicles to worker's wives needing surgery.

Tried to pass off cash-job sub trade railing guys as competent.

Steer clear of this guy.

Reviewer  from Toronto
Reviewer from Toronto

Open Stairs

After asking several stair builders if they could build us Open Stairs with glass railings we finally came across Alex from Platinum Stairs. He was on time, professional and very well priced for what my Husband and I wanted. The quality of his work is amazing, we even visited him at his workspace in order to decide on what materials we would use. I want to thank Alex for his beautiful work in our house and for being so easy to work with. He is a true Gem in the industry and I recommend him to all my friends looking for stairs and railings.

Kyla & Abel

KM in Toronto
KM in Toronto

Interior and Exerior Stairs for New Home Build

My husband found Platinum Stairs on HomeStars. Al (the owner) was definitely well-priced - by the time we received a quote from Al, we had already received 2 other quotes. Al was several thousand dollars less expensive. So, Al gets high grades for price. Ditto for the quality of the stairs. Definitely great workmanship on the stairs, but the wood railings were riddled with humps and they had to be excessively sanded after they were installed (which Al took care of). Al went to great lengths to protect the stairs after they were installed, as there was so much other work going on at the house by other trades, so he gets recognition for that. Where it all falls apart is RELIABILITY (OR LACK THEREOF). Al rarely showed up when he said he would, and when he did show up, he was always late. To make matters worse, Al never called to let us know that he wasn't coming or that he was going to be late. We finally reasoned that at some point, Al would want to be paid his remaining balance and that he would eventually show up, so we just stopped chasing him and waited for him to call us, and eventually, he did. So, if you want high-quality stairs (and medium quality wood railings) at a really competitive price, and you are not in a big hurry, then Platinum Stairs is a great company to work with. If your project is time-sensitive (as ours was), then be forewarned...you will not have your stairs and railings installed on the promised dates!!!

Hammond Patrick in Woodbridge
Hammond Patrick in Woodbridge

stairs project

We found Platinum Stairs on Home Stars
After a nightmare with the previous company, that drove me wife a such big headache , finally I found a professional stair company.
Mr Al gave us the best price that we never found with others companies and just redesigned our stairs project so professional and we are so satisfied with an excellent result.
Reliable , high quality , professional and reasonable price we found with Platinum stairs.
Thank for such a great job....
We recommend this company excelent.

Mrs christinne in Woodbridge
Mrs christinne in Woodbridge

Stairs

Was a great pleasure to find this professional company special Mr. Alex. I could not be more happy with the job he did to me some months ago.The great stairs on my house with a professional touch looks amazing.
The price was so reasonable and quality it's higher than I was expecting. Always on time and so professional.
After been searching for many companies I'm so thankful and happy that I found Platinum stairs. I recommend this company great team and honest people.
Five stars.....

1 review Riverview, NB

Good service

Good teamwork and satisfactory quality of their work.
The job was completed in timely fashion without mistakes.
I could recommend this company for different kinds of projects such as stairs, hardwood floors etc.

Review has 1 previous version
Michael Giovinazzo from Toronto
Michael Giovinazzo from Toronto

re-do a 2-floors of stairs and railings

We found Platinum Stairs on Homestars. Alex gave us a reasonable estimate and work schedule for our stairs, which needed to be completely redone. A previous contractor, who claimed to be a stair building expert, made a mess of the job originally, re-doing our stairs in a most unprofessional way. We had to dismiss that person eventually and start again with Alex.

Given this bad start, we were not the most trusting customers out there, but Alex managed to assure us that he would deliver the goods at a reasonable price. He showed us photos of Platinum’s past work on his iPad and explained in detail exactly how he and his team would tackle the project. He explained the entire build process and gave us a one-week timeframe for the job. He was true to his word.

Alex and his team really did build us some “platinum” quality stairs. The fit and finish is first-rate. I’ve attached before and after photos that show the horrible, almost unbelievable, state our stairs were left in by our previous contractor and the quality, finished work Alex delivered for a very good price. Thank you, Alex.

roger from York
roger from York
1 review York, ON

Set of Stairs

I found Platinum Stairs on Home Stars, they had the best price on quote and a promptly response. In 2 weeks Alex and is team made and install the stairs . They did a profissional job and i was delight with the final result . I recommend Platinum Stairs to everybody who wants a service of excellence .

More about Platinum Stairs Ltd.

We specialize in curved and unique staircases, straight, L-shaped, & winder stairs. We offer beautiful and safe railings to cater to any decor. For the best stair builders in the GTA, call Platinum Stairs Ltd. today! Top service and craftsmanship. As a courtesy, we offer free estimates.