Platinum Stairs Ltd.

Stair Builders
460 Gilbert Avenue Toronto ON M6E 4X5
Stair Builders
Platinum Stairs Ltd.

Reviews for Platinum Stairs Ltd.

David in Oshawa
David in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

David 115 Palm Dr Glass Railing

I used Alex for a beautiful glass railing at my home and the job was done in both a timely and professional manner. I highly recommend Alex and Platinum Stairs to anyone and would use him again!

Amir in Toronto
Amir in Toronto

Fabrication and installation set of stairs on two new houses.

My framer introduced Alex to me, his quote was far lower than others. I went to his small workshop and findout that is a family business and order two bld stairs to him.
Main stais came exactly on 4th week (as per schedule) and others delivered one week later.
I was satisfied from the work compared to price.
After final payment my Engineer asked for some additional support on hockey sticks part, Alex came and do that part however no payment was left.
Asked him to send quote for glass guards too.

Richard in Toronto
Richard in Toronto

New maple staircase and handrails

This is the second time I’ve used Platinum Stairs to build me new staircase and railing. Alex is so helpful with different design options. When the finished product arrives it’s always exceeds my expectations.

Jennifer in North York
Jennifer in North York

Love love love our stairs!

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Alex! Currently we are renovating our entire home. Alex has been very patient with us and came months later just to install the railings after we completed installing our drywall. He worked with our budget and was very accommodating. He did a great job at covering up our stairs so that other contractors wouldn't damage our stairs. I can't tell you how many compliments I've been getting by others about our stairs!! Our electrician fell in love with Alex's work and got his stairs done by him too. He's even recommended him to others!! Whenever someone asks who has done my stairs, I am always happy to tell them Alex did it! Very professional and on time! He's also very funny, which is a bonus! Thank you Alex! I will definitely continue to recommend you to friends and family :)

Manu Costi in York
Manu Costi in York

New stairs and railings

Amazing job done with my stairs and railings by Platinum stairs.
Al, was extremely efficient and professional throughout the entire process.
Excellent workmanship and installation was complete perfectly. Thank you.

Paul croly in York
Paul croly in York

Basment stair replacement

Alex did a great job with the stairs fast install and good materials thanks guys
Would recommend this company to anyone wanting a clean job and good price
Good work !

Jonh  in York
Jonh in York

Custom wood stairs

I have pleasure of working with Platimun stairs. Wonderful people to deal with as they are highly professional and installation
It was well done good workmanship timing. Was good Thanks

New Stairs

Alex made promises, measurements and provided a quote. Got a 50% deposit and disaster - promised 6 weeks - took 7 months.

Very unprofessional at every level. I have decades experience in construction and this was the worst I have seen.

His worker was not paid - Alex hid his tools. Too much drama.

Would not answer calls - used every excuse in the book from broken vehicles to worker's wives needing surgery.

Tried to pass off cash-job sub trade railing guys as competent.

Steer clear of this guy.

Reviewer  from Toronto
Reviewer from Toronto

Open Stairs

After asking several stair builders if they could build us Open Stairs with glass railings we finally came across Alex from Platinum Stairs. He was on time, professional and very well priced for what my Husband and I wanted. The quality of his work is amazing, we even visited him at his workspace in order to decide on what materials we would use. I want to thank Alex for his beautiful work in our house and for being so easy to work with. He is a true Gem in the industry and I recommend him to all my friends looking for stairs and railings.

Kyla & Abel

KM in Toronto
KM in Toronto

Interior and Exerior Stairs for New Home Build

My husband found Platinum Stairs on HomeStars. Al (the owner) was definitely well-priced - by the time we received a quote from Al, we had already received 2 other quotes. Al was several thousand dollars less expensive. So, Al gets high grades for price. Ditto for the quality of the stairs. Definitely great workmanship on the stairs, but the wood railings were riddled with humps and they had to be excessively sanded after they were installed (which Al took care of). Al went to great lengths to protect the stairs after they were installed, as there was so much other work going on at the house by other trades, so he gets recognition for that. Where it all falls apart is RELIABILITY (OR LACK THEREOF). Al rarely showed up when he said he would, and when he did show up, he was always late. To make matters worse, Al never called to let us know that he wasn't coming or that he was going to be late. We finally reasoned that at some point, Al would want to be paid his remaining balance and that he would eventually show up, so we just stopped chasing him and waited for him to call us, and eventually, he did. So, if you want high-quality stairs (and medium quality wood railings) at a really competitive price, and you are not in a big hurry, then Platinum Stairs is a great company to work with. If your project is time-sensitive (as ours was), then be forewarned...you will not have your stairs and railings installed on the promised dates!!!

More about Platinum Stairs Ltd.

We specialize in curved and unique staircases, straight, L-shaped, & winder stairs. We offer beautiful and safe railings to cater to any decor. For the best stair builders in the GTA, call Platinum Stairs Ltd. today! Top service and craftsmanship. As a courtesy, we offer free estimates.
Looking for Stair Builders pros in Toronto?