Plant World

Reviews for Plant World

Sandra C
Sandra C

Soil, Triple Mix

I've been a very satisfied customer of Plant World for many years and so for a recent backyard renovation I went to them to place an order for 6 cubic yards of Triple Mix soil. Customer Service staff member Sandra was very helpful and efficient in placing the order; the delivery was as scheduled and the quality of the soil was perfect. Approx. 9,000 lbs of beautiful soil - not one stone or twig in it that we could see. I am over the top satisfied with everything and so happy that I decided on Plant World. 8 Yew plants were also purchased there which were fresh and healthy. I'm very pleased with the overall experience.

Good products

Love Plant World. I love their decorative products as well as plants. I always find unique, homey, and high quality products there. Recently visited there and got garden decorations, pillows, and a sleeping cat :) Highly recommended.

TJ from Toronto
TJ from Toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Emerald Cedar

Long time Plant World customer - 30+ years. Like Plant World because of 1 year Plant Guarantee - even though you pay a premium for it. Just bought an Emerald Cedar - 13 ft - approx 150 lbs - live less than 2 minute drive from Plant World - bit paid the full $60 delivery fee. Today the truck dropped the tree on my drive-way and left - did not ring the door bell or talk to me - I will now have trouble getting the tree into my back-yard to plant by myself - was going to ask the delivery man (as I always have in the past) for 1 minute of his time to help me carry the tree 50 feet into my backyard. Didn't get the chance to ask as they dropped the tree and left without letting me know they had been here. VERY RUDE. I called Nicola the Mgr at Plant World and she said "we will help you bring the tree into your back-yard - but there's an additional fee involved" All very understandable and expected from a large corporation type business, but local Plant World? I am disgusted - the approx $2000 I spend there every year will be under review going forward. So petty and cheap and rude - I am very angry right now.

Sian from Toronto
Sian from Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Plants for patio

Was looking for some plants to pot for a relatively shaded patio. Staff very helpful and I ended up with a colourful selection that survived well (as requested). Also got a couple of maiden hair ferns for inside - hard to find in the city! Prices so-so, but very pleased with service and selection. Would recommend.

Catherine from Toronto
Catherine from Toronto

Outdoor Plants

I put in new gardens in the front and back of my house. I found the staff at Plant World to be VERY knowledgable and helpful. The quality of the plants have been very good. They have a one year guaruntee on most plants which is very good. I have returned a few plants that didn't last the winter, and the return was easy and hassle free (keep your receipt).

denise in Toronto
denise in Toronto
2 reviews TORONTO, ON

house plants

made the treck from downtown to find some succulents and ivies for a terrarium project and some house plants. they had a great selection and the clerks were really helpful.
great place for plants!

Downtown condo owner
Downtown condo owner

indoor plans

We've been here several times and always walk away with more than we plan to. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful. Their winter selection does lack for indoor plants though, most of the ones we looked at needed some "help".

I was unaware of the promo gift cards that other reviewers have written about that come with purchase, I'll have to look out for that next time!

cheryl in scarborough
cheryl in scarborough
1 review SCARBOROUGH, ON

plants and accessories

They have very knowledge staff that are able to answer your questions. They have the lastest in new plants and garden accerories. They have a card that you get money on when you buy merchandise.

Mossy
Mossy
2 reviews New Hamburg, ON

Landscape

Staff was amazing in helping to select correct plants, stone and mulches, patio furntiure,inside outside home decor so that we could complete our project ourselves making us feel like we new what we were doing.

josiep70
josiep70
2 reviews Murdo, SD

Plants

I bought a cherry tree for my father at Plant World last year. The staff was amazing! They answered all my questions re care for the plant. Not to mention... the price was very reasonable! I highly recommend.