Pinewood Heating & Air Conditioning

250 Cochrane Drive, Unit 7 Markham ON L3R
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Markham  >  Pinewood Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Pinewood Heating & Air Conditioning

Dunc from Toronto
Dunc from Toronto

Venting change on a renovation

Asked to move venting out of basement for headroom. They made recommendations which we paid for but they used flex tubing to connect the major vent stack to the main trunk. When I asked for a quote to pay to change it to rigid venting, they stopped replying. Nine (9) months with hot and cold zone in the house with three (3) kids and still no word. I had to have another contractor come in to clean up their mess that they created.

Ronald from Markham
Ronald from Markham

Fix furnace pilot light

In the spring, my furnace would not come on. I notice there was no pilot light. I power on and off the furnace and still there was no pilot light. I call several companies, all wanted $100 for just to diagnose the problem. Pinewood also require the $100 to identify the issue but said they will deduct this amount if I would go with them to do the repair. It turn out to be a faulty ignitor that needs to be replaced. They then wanted to charge me $200 for the ignitor and said if I am not happy with their price, I can just pay them $100 for the 5 minute diagnostic (which I already told them over the phone that it is most likely the problem.) After several discussion, they took off 10%. The total time for the fix is 15 minutes (at this rate they would charge $860/hour of work)! Furnace ignitor retail cost $60-80! Will definitely not use their service and warn other to stay far far away.

andrea in Whitby
andrea in Whitby
4 reviews Whitby, ON

A/c replacement

Contacted Andy at Pinewood at the recommendation of a coworker after getting horrendous quotes from another company to repair my a/c unit. Pinewood was able to completely replace the unit with a new unit for a better price. Service was great and super professional. Always quick to reply to questions.

Steve in Markham
Steve in Markham

New furnace and gas water heater

I recently faced a painful choice: Replace the cracked heat exchanger on my 16-year-old furnace (appx. $700) or put the money towards a new furnace. Given my existing furnace's advanced age, I chose to go the new furnace route.

I conducted extensive research into various furnace types, models, ratings, etc. The one recurring theme was the importance of a proper installation.

After obtaining several quotes, I decided to go with Pinewood Heating & Air Conditioning. Pricing-wise, they were in the middle of the pack. What really impressed me was their professionalism, from my initial inquiry through to the final sale, installation and even post-sale. There was a slow leak in my humidifier drain hose, which an installation rep showed up first thing in the morning to fix. In fairness, the leak wouldn't appear for a few minutes, so it's easy to see how it was initially missed.

I was impressed enough with the company that I decided to replace my 30-year-old gas water heater at the same time. So far it has been functioning perfectly. It's worth noting that the model they installed came with a brass drain valve, something many cheaper models lack.

By the way, this letter was not solicited in any way, shape or form. Had they messed up or jerked me around, I would have been equally effusive in my criticism, as my review for another company shows.

Based on my experience to date, I am happy to recommend Pinewood to other Homestars readers.

Mr Dolan from Richmond Hill
Mr Dolan from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

new he furnace

I signed up for their service through Home Depot and found they were quick to respond to our needs. They seemed very knowledgeable and easy to deal with as there was no pressure to purchase upgrades or spend money on an over sized furnace.
I had several quotes, as most of you would, and found they were very competitive.
We had one small hitch with the new furnace a week later, but they were out to fix it within less than 24 hours.
Thanks Joe!

B Holland,Etobicoke
B Holland,Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

furnace & ac service

This is my go to company.
We are in Etobicoke & they are in Markham, but it is never a problem.
Polite in office staff to answer your calls, efficient on time servicemen,fair pricing,tidy,efficient-what more could you ask for! Call them!!

Emperuman Rajan in King City
Emperuman Rajan in King City
11 reviews RICHMOND HILL, ON

AC Enquiry/Installation

We had finally resolved the issue by speaking to the owner over the phone to ensure that our needs were met.

The owner even offered us to come take a look at the AC unit again over the spring of 2013 to ensure everything is working, even our furnace if we have issues.

Review has 1 previous version
Jason Chan in Richmond Hill
Jason Chan in Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

High Efficient Furnace

The whole transaction was pretty smooth from start to end. The salesman was very helpful on selecting the right model. The installation team arrived on time and finished on time. They gave me options on how the pipes would be run so it wouldn't waste space when the basement renovation is done. The unit is wonderful. We hardly notice when it's on. I'd recommend this company.

Tziporah in North york
Tziporah in North york
2 reviews NORTH YORK, ON

New gas furnace and ductwork

We had already had a good experience with Pinewood's repair service when our old furnace stopped working just two days after signing up with Pinewood for their heating protection plan. They sent someone within an hour and it was fixed within 15 minutes. When we decided to replace the old furnace with a new high-efficiency one, we got quotes from them as well as a competitor. Joe from sales recognized that we had some difficult duct work that would need to be replaced and his obvious expertise made us feel confident Pinewood was right for the job even though they were just a bit more expensive. The furnace was in 10 days after we met with him and is working great. Great experience.

Andre in Little Portugal
Andre in Little Portugal
13 reviews ,

Boiler, Radiators, Air Conditioners - great service over many years/projects

Pinewood was recommended to us by a realtor we met at a dinner party nearly three years ago when we bought our first house. We've had numerous things worked on by them and each project has been outstanding.

2008 - Replaced a 30+ year old boiler with a modern boiler for heating our home. Initially we inquired about getting the most expensive, ultra high efficiency over the top boiler, but they helped us pick the right boiler based on our home, budget, project, and plans for the house. The boiler had a small issue shortly after installation and their service techs came out quickly to remedy it.

2009 - Helped us re and re three cast iron radiator heater units when I did the hardwood flooring on the ground floor.

2010 - Service call to clean/maintain the boiler.

2011 - Installed a commercial sized ductless air conditioner in my business/commercial space.

In all cases their sales team was extremely professional, helpful, and responsive. Quotes came fast, and scheduling was efficient. Installers come on time and are professional and tidy.

More about Pinewood Heating & Air Conditioning

At Pinewood Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd. , we specialize in keeping our customers comfortable. Performing a variety of services ranging from seasonal maintenance on heating and cooling products, to emergency service during winter months, to recommending and installing new equipment that tailors to customers needs. You can count on ...