Mirrors & Glass

Reviews for Pilkey Glass & Mirror

RJ in Toronto
RJ in Toronto

patio door

I called John at Pilkey, said our 30 yr old no name patio door was extremely sticky, and did he know "the guy" that could take this on. It actually took two different guys on two separate visits, but Mike has just left - applied 29 yrs of experience at Pilkey and parts for another make of door, and the door is sliding like the day it was made. Thanks for taking care of us John. Mike - you're the patio door champ!

Yvonne Dufault from Unionville
Yvonne Dufault from Unionville
3 reviews Unionville, ON

New bathroom mirror

When we were doing bathroom renovation, I discovered Pilkey Glass located at 80 Bullock Drive, Unit 9 in Markham. Our guest bathroom mirror was showing signs of age and dull. Pilkey Glass made a beautiful double beveled mirror for us that is very clear. When the lights are on, the light reflects so well in the mirror that the room appears brighter and bigger. When we replace the master bathroom mirror, we will definitely have Pilkey Glass create its replacement. I cannot speak higher for the quality of the product and professionalism of the Pilkey glass staff.

Tai
Tai

Replace window glass

Four of my windows had condensation and when I called in a window company, they told me to change all the windows on the south side of my house. Firstly, they told me they couldn't just replace the glass units, and also in order for the windows to match, they had to replace even the windows without condensation. You can be sure I will never use that window company!

I didn't think that was necessary and so I called Pilkey Glass and found out that for condensation, I only needed to replace the double glaze sealed glass units without having to replace the whole window.

I had one big window and 3 small ones replaced by Pilkey Glass for the total cost of $723 (materials, labour and taxes all included).

The window sealed units in my subdivision were very difficult to remove but they did a great job. There was a slight blemish on one of the glass units but considering the difficulty of the job, I wouldn't complain at all. They also did a great job cleaning up all the glass.

They did such a good job that I will most probably use them again for the shower glass enclosures for my tub to shower conversion later.

I would definitely recommend Pilkey Glass !

Karen from Uxbridge
Karen from Uxbridge
8 reviews Uxbridge, ON

Glass shelving for new kitchen cabinets

The cost for getting glass shelves from our custom cabinet manufacturer was ridiculous. So, I brought in one of the wood corner shelves as a template and Pilkey's did a perfect job with an angular piece at almost half the price. They were ready within the week. We'll be back for a mirror!

Alison Lyon in Markham
Alison Lyon in Markham
2 reviews MARKHAM, ON

Glass doors for my new kitchen

Pilkey did some beautiful glass doors for my new kitchen in conjunction with Kerrs Custom Woodworking. The gothic glass just helped make my new kitchen that much more lovely - wonderful company to work with!

Chi Chu in Markham
Chi Chu in Markham
2 reviews MARKHAM, ON

Glass shower installation

905-294-2542
80 Bullock Dr, Suite 9
Markham
L3P 3P7

Renovated my master bath and needed the glass for the shower installed. Called over 10 stores and Pilkey was by far the best value. Spoke to John at Pilkey Glass. Great price, timely service, and the installation looked great. Would definately recommend them.

Penelope in Markham
Penelope in Markham
1 review ,

Glass inserts and glass shelves for kitchen.

I ordered bevelled glass for 2 door inserts - went to pickup and the glass was not bevelled. No problem - they will fix it and they did. Ordered 2 glass shelves - when I picked them up I neglected to check them over - a pilkey staff member put them in my trunk (wrapped in a blanket and I drove about 4 blocks home and had my husband remove them from the trunk with me. When I got them inside to clean them and install them I noticed a chip in the corner. of 1 shelf. Back to Pilkey with the chipped shelf. Not sure of names but the lady sitting at the front desk told me that the chip would not be that noticeable. A man came out from an office and said I damaged it during transport!!! that I probably put it down in my driveway and chipped it! I was appalled! Never, never ever do business with this company - the two staff I dealt with absolutely need some customer service training.

Adrian, Rouge Hill
Adrian, Rouge Hill

Sandblasted glass pane

I contacted Pilkey for a quote for a custom piece of glass for my hallway. While I received an initial response quite quickly, my emails were suddenly ignored.

I had expressed to John at Pilkey that I was eager to proceed with the order and that I required it quite quickly (just over 2 weeks), however I never received a response from them while trying to arrange a time for measurement, etc.

If a company can't even bother to return phone calls and emails to enquiries, I don't think I would trust them after I've handed over my money.

B - Markham, ON
B - Markham, ON

Purchased a custom mirror

I needed a 5mm clear 61 x 30 inch mirror for my bathroom and this company gave me the best price of the 5 or 6 places I called. The mirror was ready within a day or so (quicker than they had said) and they called me to tell me it was ready. When I picked up the mirror the gentleman helped us load it into the car without us asking. I had to call them a couple of times because I wasn't able to go in right away but I always got through to them and they assured me the mirror would be kept safe for as long as I needed. The only thing I thought might have been better was if they had wrapped the mirror in some paper or cardboard - or at least told us to bring a blanket or something - as we got it without any kind of packaging but we were able to transport it safely and the less garbage the better so it worked out.

Ken from Unionville
Ken from Unionville

Simple Replacement of 1/2 Circle of Mirror Glass

Do not do business with this company. They quoted me double the going price for a piece of glass and kept promising me for 9 weeks that they were coming on the next Monday.

When I finally picked up my broken glass - they said they had sold my glass to someone else.

They don't care about their customers and lie constantly. They NEVER return phone calls, in spite of what they say.

I spent lots of money with them in the past putting in large mirror walls - I'll never do business with them again.