Penwood Furniture Outlet

Reviews for Penwood Furniture Outlet

Kathryn in Oakville
Kathryn in Oakville

Dining room furniture

Penwoods closed their Oakville store and we bought our diningroom furniture there this summer at 40% off the regular price. The workmanship is outstanding. I wish I had been to visit them years ago when I was looking for furniture.

Dianne in Oakville
Dianne in Oakville
10 reviews ,

Solid oak bookcase

I wasted alot of time looking in furniture stores for a well made solid wood bookcase. I discovered Penwood Furniture through a local newspaper ad. Within one minute of entering their store I knew I was in the right place. Everything is made by Mennonites and the workmanship is exemplary. They make bookcases, bedroom sets, desks, dining room tables and chairs, hutches etc., in Pine, Maple or Oak. Products are properly dovetailed etc., where need be. You can pick from a variety of stains or pay extra for custom staining. The prices seemed reasonable for the high quality of materials and workmanship of the furniture. We ordered an extra shelf for the bookcase and the bookcase itself looks fantastic! The quality of construction is excellent other than for a very small slight imperfection at the bottom right edge where a curved (probably hard to do) edge meets the vertical side part and for a slight rough sanded edge under the top horizontal detailed edge. Otherwise I would have rated them as a 10. It took 9 weeks to get the bookcase when we were originally told 4-8 weeks but it was well worth the wait. The bookcase looks wonderful and we will definitely order from them again. It looked like they had alot of orders on the go when we placed our order so people obviously know about Penwood Furniture. Our salesman was very helpful. The store isn't fancy but who wants to have high overhead incorporated into the price of what you are purchasing? I just wish I had found them sooner and I can highly recommend them.