Pavilion

Furniture
42 Gladstone Ave Toronto ON M6J3K6

Reviews for Pavilion

Sectional

After searching for months looking for the right sectional, I found Pavilion! The lady helping me was very knowledgable about the craftsmanship of the couch I wanted and went over all the details with me, I was also happy about it being canadian made! I ultimately ordered and was told it would arrive within 8-10 weeks, which seems like a long time but I have found out this is pretty ordinary when ordering in a custom piece.

After about 7 weeks I received a call from Pavilion and to my surprise, It came in early and they were able to have the delivery people call me right away for delivery!

Needless to say, Im very happy with my couch and with the service received.

Will definitely be back and recommend pavilion to my friends too.

Kelly in Toronto
Kelly in Toronto

Selby Bed

I have—to the best of my memory—never posted a negative review of a
business. Ever. I am generally a pretty chill and understanding customer.

In the summer of 2016, Brad and I began shopping for a new bed. We went to what seemed like every store in Toronto and finally found one we liked at Pavilion. At the time, the Pavilion website claimed that the Selby bed was designed and manufactured exclusively for Pavilion. However, while doing my due-diligence research, I found exactly the same bed (and exactly the same product shots) on the website of another local store. It was being called the ‘Lennox’ bed and being sold for $1199, approximately $500 less than Pavilion’s Selby bed. We informed Daniel (the salesperson at Pavilion, who was helpful and pleasant) of this and they agreed to price-match the other store & sell us the Selby bed for $1149.99 + tax + $95 for delivery/assembly. We bought the bed in July 2016 from Daniel and had it delivered to our home and assembled on August 25, 2017.

In late November 2016—only 3 months after buying the bed and paying to have it professionally assembled—we lifted the bed frame to move it and the top right-hand side leg fell off. The screw that was inserted/threaded into the leg came detached/unglued and the bed was no longer stable. Brad called Pavilion and spoke to Sarah who told us that the part would have to be ordered from the manufacturer in China. When we asked what we should do in the meantime, Sarah suggested we prop the bed up on books.

Approximately a week later (December 5, 2016) Brad called back to follow
and spoke to Richard (who was helpful and pleasant). Richard told Brad that he had no idea what Brad was talking about. He informed Brad that no notes had been made regarding our issues and the manufacturer had not yet been contacted. On January 4, 2017, over a month after we had initially contacted Pavilion regarding our bed’s leg, Richard called and told us a new leg was available. He came to our home and installed the new leg on January 5, 2017.

From what we had been told we assumed that on January 4, 2017, the leg that had been requested from the manufacturer arrived, but in an email from November 30, 2017, Sarah revealed that in reality Pavilion took between December 5 and January 5 to ‘dismantle a new
box and remove a new leg from it”. Over a month that one side of our bed was precariously perched atop books.

Fast-forward to November 9, 2017. One of the slats on the left side of the
bed cracked in half. Brad called Pavilion and spoke with Sarah. After
explaining what happened, Sarah said that she didn’t know anything about our Selby bed frame, informs Brad that the bed frame is not under warranty (“imported furniture does not (ever) provide a manufacturers warranty”), asks what mattress we are using, and for photos of the broken slat. On November 10, 2017, Brad emailed Sarah photos of the broken slat and information about our Leesa mattress.

On November 10, 2017, Sarah emails back and says Pavilion does “not have additional salts on hand. I would have to enquire into whether that is possible to obtain or even re assemble?” The email goes on for paragraphs about the requirements of our Leesa mattress. At one point in the email Sarah says, “Unfortunately the mattress seems too heavy for the slat structure” and in a later email Sarah says, Pavilion has “gone above and beyond any obligation to you, warranty or otherwise, to help in your situation as a probable result of your mattress.”

I looked into these claims, and on average, standard spring mattresses
weigh approximately 100 pounds. Our Leesa foam mattress weight 71 pounds. It is unlikely that our 71-pound mattress is too heavy for a slat structure that is intended to hold not only a standard spring mattress but also two people. I also contacted Leesa customer service to inquire whether using their mattress on flexible slats could have a negative impact on the slats. Hunter, the customer service representative I spoke to, said that while the flexible slats would have a negative effect on the feel of the mattress, the mattress would, to the best of his knowledge, have no negative effects on the slats.

Seven days later, on November 17, 2017, Richard emailed Rick (Pavilion’s
manufacturing agent) to ask if it is possible to get a replacement slat and
plastic caps from the manufacturer of the Selby bed frame (a Chinese
manufacturer Pavilion no longer uses). Eleven days later, on November 28, 2017, Richard emailed Rick again to follow up. Rick emailed back to say that he could not get in contact with the Chinese manufacturer.

Sarah has made it clear over the course of multiple telephone conversations and emails that Pavilion is under no obligation to offer any assistance with regard to their imported products. Any tiny amount of effort put out on Pavilion’s part (such as emailing their manufacturing agent twice over the course of a week and a half) is seen as going above-and-beyond for their customer. A customer who, in this case, has paid more than $1200 for a product expecting, at the very least, that if that product breaks they will be able to access replacement parts whether there is a warranty on the item or not.

On November 30, 2017, Brad and I both received emails from Sarah
threatening defamation/libel/slander suit(s) over the negative reviews I
have posted online. I have attached screenshots of the emails below.

On December 11, 2017, Brad and I both received emails from a law firm demanding that we: “(1) immediately remove and take down your false and negative reviews/ratings…; (2) publish a full and complete retraction and apology…for publishing the false and defamatory reviews/rating against our clients; and (3) pay our clients their costs of $2,500 for the legal fees that they have incurred in bringing your illegal actions to your attention.”

On December 13, 2017, Brad and I both received emails from Sarah indicating that a replacement bed slat and 1 plastic end cap arrived at Pavilion and is ready for pickup.

On December 18, 2017, Brad and I both received emails from a law firm demanding that we: “(1) immediately remove and take down your false and negative reviews/rating…including [Sarah’s] emails to you and any related reviews/ratings you have posted on any other platforms or websites; (2) publish a full and complete retraction and apology…; and (3) pay our clients their cost of $3,000 for the legal fees that they have incurred in bringing your illegal actions to your attention."

harrisson in San Francisco
harrisson in San Francisco
1 review Montreal, QC

Great Store!

Really liked the store and happy with the couch and really like how it looks in the space! Store is great variety of fabrics and very nice showroom. Would definitely come here again

Review has 1 previous version

Good Evening, If you could kindly contact the store for clarification on your order as we have no reference for the online name being used nor the location(s) noted.

Joanna Ross in Toronto
Joanna Ross in Toronto

Custom Couch- everyone loves it.

So everyone who comes to my newly renovated house is in awe of this couch. It's a beautiful fabric, very comfortable, midcentury modern beauty. The delivery was actually great- the guys took the garbage and waited while I went to get felt stickers for the feet. And Daniel, the sales guy, is so helpful, patient and enthusiastic.

Yes my couch came towards the end of the estimated delivery, but so has EVERY OTHER piece of furniture I own- if not later.

2 thumbs up!

Scott from Toronto
Scott from Toronto

Furniture

Very pleased with my first purchase from Pavilion. Daniel was extremely helpful, made arrangements to expedite delivery of our bed and responded to emails promptly. I highly recommend this store and will be back.

mel from Toronto
mel from Toronto

Dining room table

Pavilion
416-504-9859
42 Gladstone Ave
Toronto
M6J3K6

So my spouse and I bought a loft and decided to walk around queen west to get inspiration for furniture. We knew ikea was not our type of place so we were ready to look around at small privately owned stores. As soon as we saw this table at Pavilion we fell in love. Usually i don't buy anything without doing extensive research and reading all kinds of reviews. On this day we saw the table, talked to the very pleasant sales lady who was very eager to sell and got as much info as possible. After that we walked around a bit more and thought about it over lunch and the more we talked the more we wanted the table. So we went to the store and put a down payment and the sales person told us it should be ready in 3 weeks but we told her our chairs were coming from Italy and they wont be ready for another 5 weeks so not to rush it. So she wrote 6 weeks instead just in case another customer needed something before us in a rush we figured whats the point if we have no chairs. So at 4 weeks nobody called me and i got a weird feeling and googled the store. Every review was horrible! My stomach just dropped more and more the more i kept reading. I didn't tell my spouse what i learned so i waited till week 5 to call and see what was going on. I called week 5 to see if we should prepare for the arrival and they said they would call me back. No call back. Again i am literally mortified of whats to come due to the reviews. So week 6 i call and ask again if the table is ready and of course they offer to check up on it and call me back which i never received. So i finally tell my spouse what was going on, he said he will call them and straighten it all out. Meanwhile at this point we were supposed to go on vacation and i was so stressed that i wanted to cancel and stay home for this stupid table. So my spouse calls at week 7 and tells them we will be away and to see what was going on with the table. Again they will call us back. So off we go to the airport and we get a voice mail from the store saying our table was ready! finally at 7 1/2 weeks 4 calls later i get a call back! We just about to board so we couldn't call them until we came back. So next week we arrive back and immediately i call the store and let them know i got the voice mail and see when the table will be delivered. The guy on the phone made me hate my life even more when he rudely said he had no idea what i was talking about. At this point we had enough. The next day we went to the store. Same guy there that i spoke to the previous night, maybe Paul was his name> again no idea what i was talking about and told us we have to wait for him to find our file. I said i spoke with you last night and you said you would call me back how would you not have it right here? He just looked at me as if i were an alien. The manager according to Paul was busy so she was not able to help us. So finally we find out that our table IS ready and is in the warehouse. I asked Paul how long has it been ready for? no answer. I had to sit down on a couch because i was about to loose my mind and my spouse asked Paul why we had never received a call back. No answer at all! Finally Paul asks us what day is good for delivery and we say monday, Paul said he will call the guys to see if monday was good for them. The phone is behind Paul, not used and he verifies that monday at noon is good. WOW i thought. This guy is something else. Gives us the number of the delivery guys. Few days later i call the check if they were coming on monday at noon still, they had no idea what i was talking about. after 12 weeks my table was finally delivered. the following 12 weeks i don't even think i could look at it i was so angry for giving this awful store my money and supporting them I really do hope they go bankrupt because that staff is horrendous!

flipster High Park
flipster High Park

New Bedroom Furniture

This former Queen West Institution has relocated to the new West Queen West area of Gladstone into a cool deco warehouse, the staff are great and I had my bedroom set deliver in just under 7 weeks, worried when I saw they were moving I thought about other stores that were supposed to be moving but then disappeared from the Toronto landscape with deposits and product..I didn't want to stress but they proved to me they were setting up shop on Gladstone with ads they had placed and their new website - but the best reason for me selecting them was the time the staff took to explain everything I needed to know and assured me they would look after walking me through all the details.
I highly recommend this store to all my friends - as I have been to many of the other stores on Queen Street - and I decided to not buy made in China -I wanted Canadian made ..that is what they carried at Pavilon on Queen and that is what they are carrying at the new space.

Philip in Toronto
Philip in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Poor Service, Horrible Experience

I placed a deposit on an amazing sectional with an estimated delivery of 6-8 weeks. No one from Pavilion contacted me to provide an update after eight weeks had passed. I was forced to call three times with mostly vague apologetic responses. They finally were able to promise of delivery time of 7 weeks late or 15 weeks total. I was so disappointed by the poor service I demanded my deposit back with my sectional finally due the following week. They were only able to offer $100 off the original purchase price of $2,600 if I went through with the purchase and wouldn't even comp the shipping cost. Suffice to say, I will never step foot in Pavilion again.

Chris
Chris
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Eames DSW Replica -

Best price on Queen for the DSW replica -PLUS - friendly staff, and amazing pieces. Sales guy called the owner in order to break up a set of chairs for me (I wanted 2 instead of 6) Most places in this area are too hip (read: rude) to even acknowledge that they have customers in the store. I will definitely go back to this store! Impressed.

MT in Toronto
MT in Toronto

Furniture: sectional and leather bench

I don't know if I had lucked out or something but I have received nothing but great service and honesty out of the Pavilion staff. We had purchased a sectional, a leather bench and a few decorative items back in Aug 2010. We were told upfront to expect that the sectional wouldn't be ready for delivery for 12 weeks - lengthy yes, but we had been hunting for the perfect sectional for weeks anyway and if you want something, you have to be patient! Philip (I believe) was super helpful and ensured that our order was placed correctly.

I called the store at about 8 weeks just to make sure things were on track. The bench was available so I picked it up myself at their warehouse location. At 11 weeks I called again and the ladies answering the phones were MORE than pleasant and helpful. They said they were going to follow up with the manufacturer and call me back and they did (within an hour both times that I called). They said the couch will be in town by the Monday and it was.

The fiance and I had brought up the bad reviews we've read online about the store to Philip and he does read and respond to the reviews. We talked about one specific incident I read about and got his side of the story and that's just it - you only get one side of the story with these reviews (the lady who gave the specific terrible review we were talking about turned out to be quite unreasonable).

If you're weary of purchasing products from someone, be straight up and ask them: what's going on with these reviews and what did you do to help resolve things? If you're still feeling like you'll get shafted with service, then take your business elsewhere. Just my two cents.

More about Pavilion

Pavilion has been a go-to destination for Toronto's design community. We offer a wide range of furniture and home accessories and are proud to place our emphasis on Canadian made quality and design.
Looking for Furniture pros in Toronto?