Paul's Restorations

1640 Upper Ottawa Street Hamilton ON L8W 3P2

Reviews for Paul's Restorations

Susie  in Santa Clara
Susie in Santa Clara

Emergency cleanup- restoration of flood damage basement

I had my fist experience of dealing with a flood in my home, that ruined my finished basement. My insurance company put me in touch with Simon from Paul's Restoration. From day one, I had nothing but a good experience with this company, due to the customer service that was derived by this man. He came out that 1st day and was available to answer any questions I had, at any moment, from that day forward. They completed the cleanup work the next day and when I chose to go with them for the renovations, the service level did not change. They gave me a timeline, and he did his best to deliver the service under that day set. even considering the crunch of Christmas, he did his best to have his service men there on time and completed on time. The most impressive point about this company was Simon and his attention to delivering the best customer service possible. No matter what time I called him, he answered almost immediately. Even when I did have an issue, he fixed the problem. When being a woman, and dealing with a contractor, this can be intimidating at times, however he always gave me the information I needed to make the best decisions for my new space, and was fair and considerate when having the work completed. I would recommend this company in the future without a doubt. I am happy with the final work, and the time frame in which it was done.

Angie in Hamilton
Angie in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Bathroom flood and went through the floor to the electrical panel

I was devastated with the damage. Paul's highly trained staff calmed me down and reassure me and within an hour had cleaned up everything. They fixed and rebuilt where necessary every damaged area. They were so kind,compassionate and professional! I couldn't be happier with the outcome. They were quick and my home looks even better than before the flood. Every question I had they answered for me and walked me through every procedure that would and was taking place. There were no secrets or surprises. They were respectful to my times and always had a smile . I love how they took the time to make sure I was happy with every job they did and how wonderful my home looks. They are amazing. Thank you to all the staff at Paul's.

Greg Parks from Wellesley
Greg Parks from Wellesley
1 review Wellesley, ON

Flood Restoration

I would not recommend this company under any circumstance. We had a minor basement flood in 2014 and our insurance company sent them over. Initially I thought they were doing a good job until I inspected the area myself. They left wet insulation in the walls that was very obvious. I had to call them back again to deal with wet carpet they left. They only removed wet items the first time and subsequent times left the wet garbage at my house. Even the first day them came over the did not remove all the wet garbage from my house.

It is important to remember they are really working for the insurance company and not you the homeowner.

After the remediation work was done I hired a different contractor to restore my basement.

Jenn from VITTORIA
Jenn from VITTORIA
1 review , ON

Flood Damage Restoration

Our home was vandalized and flooded. When I called my insurance company they sent out Paul's Restorations to clean up. I was quite impressed with how quickly they got all the water cleaned up, and the carpets ripped up. However, things quickly declined from there. The work took a total of 21 weeks to complete, and I use that term loosely as there were a few little things that were missed and I was so fed up with dealing with them that I let it go and did the work myself. There was little to no communication from them, and when I would inquire about something getting done I was made to feel as though I was a nuisance to them (particularly when dealing with Joe B.). Our bathroom floor was installed and the work done looked like my children did it - rough cuts, incredibly sloppy caulking, and lumps of cement left under the flloor (I made them redo it with a NEW installer even though they wanted to send the same person). I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone and in fact, I have told everyone I know to NEVER use them!!!!

John Romanetti from Mississauga
John Romanetti from Mississauga

Bathroom restoration from water damage

Brian Schoner of PR Paul's restoration dealt with the Ins. company on our behalf. In spite of a very busy time the july flood they managed to do a great job in a timely manner. Thank God for PR. My Ins co. didn't make me feel like I was in good hands if you know what I mean.PR, Brian saved the day for us and eliminated all the grief and hassels. Bravo PR & Brian!!!

Jimmy bee from Hamilton
Jimmy bee from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Fire/flood restoration

We had sewage back up into our basement. It was a huge mess. It reeked to high heaven. When the crew showed up, they were friendly enough, but seemed a little unprepared for the job. Swearing and complaining about the mess seemed a little unprofessional at first. Then they left their equipment in the basement and garbage bags filled with raw sewage in the driveway.The sewage cannot be put out with the city garbage, they are too heavy and far too smelly. I cannot drive as I am disabled and cannot afford a car. My neighbout has complained about the smell and actually moved the six bags of faeces and sewage closer to the sidewalk. A passerby has already opened one of the bags hoping for something good to find. I have already waited for them on two occasions when the said they'd be by for their equipment. I was going to have them take the bags of sewage then. However they didn't show up. Obviously I was relieved to be able to flush the toilet again, but there was no disinfection done no follow up, didn't get all the sewage off the floor, left their equipment downstairs using up all sorts of hydro,and six bags of raw sewage attracting pests, flies, rats, other vermin on my lawn. I honestly would not recommend them to anyone. When I was able to work years ago, I worked very hard and was always professional and finished the job, no matter how hard or disgusting it was. Believe me, I worked some very nasty jobs indeed, this is why I am disabled now. Not impressed at all. signed, Jimmy

Jim in Hamilton
Jim in Hamilton
3 reviews HAMILTON, ON

Water Damage Repair

We have an in-law apartment in our walkout home. The kitchen in this apartment is directly below the main kitchen and unfortunately the drain pipe from the main kitchen cracked just below the floor surface which destroyed the walls in the in-law kitchen. Paul's Restoration was used by our insurance company. The walls (including backslash) tiles were replaced all within 4 days and the kitchen was left spotless.