Ontario Carpet Industries

2273 Dundas St W Mississauga ON L5K 2L8
Carpet & Rug Retailers
Ontario Carpet Industries

Reviews for Ontario Carpet Industries

Impressed by level of service and commitment

This review is only based off service as I did not end up purchasing carpet from Ontario Carpet.

I needed a job done quickly and Ontario Carpet worked very hard to try and schedule a carpet installation project. I kept cancelling before they could do the measurements and take my deposit, but they kept trying to accommodate my schedule.

I was impressed by the level of commitment they had to me as the customer. They offered a very competitive price including installation. I would have gone with them had it not been for my own personal scheduling issues.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Carpet purchase and installation

Great selection and prices. Fred is a great help to facilitate your selection and to find what you need. A great product and excellent value is only half of the equation. My installation was meticulously done, unhurried and with great care. This is what matters most. An installer who is humming to himself, calm and confident in his skills. The mark of a true craftsman who takes great pride in his work. Outstanding.

Rosanne Garrido in Oakville
Rosanne Garrido in Oakville
4 reviews Waterloo, ON

Carpet Installation

My 77 year old mother gave this company a cash deposit of $1500 for a carpet installation job but ran into financial difficulty and could not afford the full price of $5000.
Instead of returning her deposit or even doing $1500 worth of work this company just kept her money.
Do not do business with these people.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

carpet installation 3 bedrooms and hallway

bad experience with dave. Signed paperwork dec 3 . and paid 733 of a total of 2300 deposit .. he was to start tomorrow, sunday and he calls this morning saturday wants to start in half an hour .. no prob , i'm excited to get it done..

i get my pissed-off wife out of bed and moved furniture from 2 bedrooms and hallway/stairs 800 sq ft and he calls me back and wants full payment up front even before the installer comes by .. said i would get my credit card and call him back..

15 minutes go by and i thought rather hold back on the rest until completion but i called and said even though i don't think it's right and it was not explained when we paid the deposit, i was willing to pay full price before he came by to start, as i was worried for my deposit.. and he says he was disappointed i did not trust him, made me listen to a 10 minutes lecture on how bad it was for me to not trust him, saying he was not interested in the job and no refund of deposit.. and hung up the phone. TWICE.

While i hardly ever support credit card companies, in this case mine advised that since HE canceled the deal i would not lose my deposit. hopefully folks out there in reno-land will not have to deal with this guy's business and go thru this same kind of thing..

Mark de Leon in Mississauga
Mark de Leon in Mississauga

Installation of carpet

I had Ontario Carpet install carpets in my house last year. They were very quick to come in and install. Really efficient and quick. Prices were very reasonable as well. I highly recommend them.

Javier in Meadowvale
Javier in Meadowvale

InstAll carpet in second floor and stairs

I contracted this company to install berber in my stairs and second floor.. I liked the selection and the treatment was nice. But after a year the junction between carpets at yhe room entries started showing, it looks like black stains in the entrance of every room and it shows clearly the this was the result of a poor intallation, somehow dissapointed that a once happy customer turned sour in a year due to a poor installation

Heather in Mississauga
Heather in Mississauga
12 reviews MISSISSAUGA, ON

Re-carpeted stairs & main floor

We used this company to re-carpet our stairs and main floor to prepare the house for sale. When we met with the representitive in the showroom we were overwhelmed with the choices! He gave us some samples to take home to see how they looked against the newly painted walls (we were still getting used to the colour!), and to discuss with other family members. Once we made our decision, an appointment was set up - with only about a week's wait! We were suprised to find only 1 installer, but he was very efficent. Not very talkative/friendly, but he got the job done. In one afternoon he was done. He was clean & removed everything. It made a HUGE difference to the look of our home, and we were thrilled with the services provided.

Kathrine in Brampton
Kathrine in Brampton

INSTALLED CARPET IN BEDROOM

We had a great experience with Ontario carpet and Fred Newlands. Fred took the time to go through many different carpet styles and prices to fit our life style and budget. He never made us fell pressured to buy from him, he was very relaxed and patient with us. When we did finally pick the style of carpet we wanted, it was a special order. Fred called us with in 48 hours and his installer was set to come to our house and install when ever we were ready. The gentleman came to our home and he was curtious,polite and he even took his shoes off to install the carpet! The carpet looks amazing and we are so happy with this company, the people and the service. I highly recommend Ontario Carpet.

J in Mississauga
J in Mississauga
3 reviews MISSISSAUGA, ON

Installed carpet in family room, living/dining room, stairs & hallway

BEWARE - We had a horrible experience with this company & would NOT recommend using them to anyone.

Dave, the owner came to my house a few days prior to the install to take final measurements. At this time we drew up a plan as to how the carpet would be installed. Though it would cost me more money because of extra carpet waste we decided that the family room carpet seams would run down the sides of the room so they wouldn't be seen as much. (exactly like the old carpet had been installed) I agreed to a higher cost including additional square footage that he had calculated. I took photos of the drawings, we shook hands on the matter, I signed a contract and he left.

On the day of the installation the installer informed me that the owner's son had changed the layout and had now placed the seam in the middle of the room (perpendicular to the long wall). I informed the installer that this wasn't what we had agreed on but the carpet was already pre-cut from their facility, he couldn't do anything about it I would have to take it up with the owner.

After calling Dave and requesting that he please make it right by reinstalling the carpet the way we had agreed upon he insisted he could fix it by sending an installer to stretch it out and make the seam less obvious. He said he would take care of us and make it right. After reluctantly allowing two visits of installers, the seam now looks worse.

I went in to speak with Dave as he was not returning my phone calls (from day one it was very difficult to contact this person)and he told me he would not replace the carpet as he originally said he would do if the stretching did not work out.

I believe he has tried to make things difficult and avoid me with the hopes that I did not continue to follow up with him.

They did whatever was easiest & cheapest for them - whatever would put more money in their pockets. The carpet in our family room looks awful - we are extremely disappointed.

Looking for Carpet & Rug Retailers pros in Mississauga?