Nortown Paving & Construction Inc

Mandy in Thornhill
Mandy in Thornhill
3 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Walkway and asphalt driveway

I would definitely recommend Nortown paving. We were very happy with their work and the new walk way and driveway look superb. Mark Volante and his team were friendly and courteous and worked quickly and efficiently to ensure minimal inconvenience. Thank you for a job well done.

DAVID COHEN in Toronto
DAVID COHEN in Toronto

Paving Sidewalk and Patio

Nortown did a terrific job of removing and replacing our front sidewalk and backyard patio. The job looks great. Marc was a real professional in managing the works. The crew turned up when scheduled and left the site in excellent shape. Some accidental damage was promptly repaired to better than original condition ! Highly recommended.

Merle Lightman in Thornhill
Merle Lightman in Thornhill
1 review THORNHILL, ON

Flagstone patio and driveway paved

Very professional and fast service. Patio was completed in a day plus driveway prepared for paving. Always available to answer questions and very friendly service. Very satisfied with work done and would recommend the company to others.

Marilen in Mississauga
Marilen in Mississauga

Driveway paving (asphalt/decorative concrete) and brushed concrete backyard patio/walkway

Our driveway has sunk so it needed to be replaced and our backyard requires landscaping to cover the area where there are lots of weeds. I was looking for a company that can do both projects.
I found Nortown from browsing on the internet. I called up their company for an estimate and within the day, Rocco returned my call. In a couple of days he was already at my house doing the measurements and giving me suggestions for the project I had in mind.
I found out that this company is family owned for many years and they are successful because they care about their business and they provide excellent and quality service.
I have to say that I am 110% satisfied with the work they did. It was finished at the time frame that they promised. The result was even better than I expected. I'm very pleased and I would highly recommend them. I'm so happy I made the right choice because these projects cost a lot of money. I certainly got my money's worth :)

Bui in Woodbridge
Bui in Woodbridge
2 reviews WOODBRIDGE, ON

Walkway repaved

Our walkway was a mess of cracked slabbed concrete and very much worse for wear before we contacted Nortown to replace it with beautiful interlocking grey and slate grey stone. looks very neat and is certainly no longer the eyesore of the neighbourhood, thanks! Especially appreciate how they returned to fix a drainage problem at our request. Great team, would contact again for any other paving needs.

Ian Spencer in North york
Ian Spencer in North york
1 review NORTH YORK, ON

Driveway and Extensive Interlocking

Having a home that is over 40 years old, it was time for the final stage of the outside work. My husband and I have always maintained the grounds around the house, but after all these years, the property needed to be re-graded and frankly, needed to be completely renovated. In addition, the driveway was about 5 years past its lifetime and to be honest, it was rather embarrassing. We were hesitant, not knowing which contractors to call for estimates and when it came time to choose one, we wondered if we would be happy with the work and the cost involved. We did some research into various contractors and called three to provide us with ideas and estimates. It was not difficult to see that Mark Volante of Nortown Paving offered a more personal approach with some fantastic ideas and competitive pricing. Prior to the work being started and due to the deterioration of the natural gas lines and sewer issues in our area, we had many unexpected obstacles to overcome before Nortown could begin their work. Mark worked with us through all these issues and even after Nortown began their work, the gas company needed to replace the underground lines throughout our entire neighbourhood, informing us only two weeks prior to their start date. Nortown worked patiently with us, ensuring all the “neighbourhood” work was finished prior to completing our project. We had the driveway paved, outlined by interlocking stone down both sides. The stone work extended up to the front door, right to the property line and stretching to the back of the house. The end result was amazing – the workmanship superior and the “WOW” factor is far more that we hoped for. Mark informed us from Day 1 that we would be very impressed with Nortown Paving but we are far more than impressed. The cost of the project was about mid-range of the estimates we received, leading us to feel that we got far more than our money’s worth. We referred Nortown to a neighbour, who is equally impressed with the work done by Nortown on their property and have recently referred a family member. THANK YOU MARK VOLANTE AND NORTOWN PAVING –your work is art! Ian & Carol Spencer.

susan in Toronto
susan in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

front porch

Nortown fixed my front porch after another contractor failed to repair their 1-year old work. They lifted my stones, fixed cement work underneath, and replaced and regrouted all the stonework. And then applied a protector coat. The workmen were clean and quick. A job well done.

sandy in Toronto
sandy in Toronto

asphalt driveway with stone border, flagstone garden, stone wall

Nortown Paving's owner, Sam, was very detailed and patient in explaining the scope of work involved in removing the old mutual driveway (2 layers of asphalt & concrete) and proper preparation for the new asphalt on a driveway with a turn and slope. Sam also had great design ideas for the stone work and visited the job site at each stage to ensure the work was done properly. He needn't have worried as his staff were detail oriented, efficient and professional. Details like sloping the asphalt up alittle to the cedar walls to reduce the chance of animals getting under the sunroom and setting the asphalt slightly higher now so that it will be level with the garage threshold after a few months of settling are important details that most paving contractors will not do for you or even bother. Several types of stone were used and Sam co-ordinated the colour and textures beautifully for the driveway border and garden flagstone and walls. Everything was done perfectly, on time and at reasonable price. The job site was left very clean at each stage of work. Sam made sure we understood the care requirements of new asphalt with a follow up visit. Great work. Great service. Highly recommend Nortown Paving.

Phil in PICKERING
Phil in PICKERING
3 reviews PICKERING, ON

Asphalt driveway & Pattern Concrete curbs, stairs, walkway and patio

We had an aging asphalt driveway and a cracked concrete walkway that needed to be replaced. I used their web site (www.nortownpaving.com) to ask for a quote for plain concrete and driveway replacement.. We received an email response followed by a phone call to set-up an appointment. Rocco came out on the weekend to price the job.

A few days before the job was planned to start, we contacted Rocco about changing to coloured and stamped concrete. Rocco and Sam came out on the weekend and we were reviewed options and agreed on the revised price.

They started the job at 7am Monday with a crew of 4 guys, including Rocco. By noon they had all of the concrete and asphalt removed and forms in place for the curbs and steps. The curbs and steps were poured and stamped by the end of the first day.

The next morning, the crew returned again at 7am, removed the form for the prior day, setup the new forms for the walkway and raised patio and concrete poured and stamped by the end of the second day.

The third day arrived shortly after 7am, removed all of the forms, power washed the concrete.

At the end of each day, the job site was left clean and tidy.

Due to lots of rain we had to wait for the driveway to be paved. Marc and his crew arrived at 7am, had the paving done by mid morning and left us a handout of do's and don'ts for newly pave driveways.

Today, Rocco returned with Marc to do some final review and touch-up and then sealed the concrete.

All in all, I was very pleased with the entire process and Rocco's and Marc's positive customer service attitude.

I highly recommend Nortown to anyone looking for Concrete or Asphalt work.

Simon in Thornhill
Simon in Thornhill
5 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Repaved an ashphalt driveway

I knew about this company through Mimo of Forever Stone Design Inc. They informed me of when they will come and arrived on time. Marc came previously when Mimo renovated the front yard and landscape and inspected the old driveway. He came back when the job was scheduled to start and made sure his staff knew what they needed to do. He asked me to open my new garage doors to prevent any scratching and damages. I like the fact that they took care of these small but important details. They worked efficiently and finished the whole job in three hours and set up the banner so that cars won't drive onto the new driveway. Marc gave me a note for "Dos and Don'ts" after the renovation and went through that with me. The new driveway was beautifully and professionally done. Our neighbours were very impressed with their workmanship. I will not hesitate to recommend them to our friends.

More about Nortown Paving & Construction Inc

Established in l978, Nortown Paving & Construction Inc. has built a reputation for
excellence - specializing in all facets of asphalt paving, concrete work and interlocking
stone.
Nortown Paving & Construction Inc. is a family owned and operated business. Continuing 40 years of experience in the paving business.
Since the beginning, the Company has served Metropolitan of Toronto residents earning respect within the business as one of the most professional and personal companies in the
industry.
With industrial and residential size equipment, no job is to small or big for Nortown Paving & Construction Inc. We use heavy duty equipment for best results.
In April, 2004 Nortown Paving & Construction Inc. was chosen as the business of the week in Toronto.
Customers deal directly with the owners of Nortown Paving & Construction Inc. and each member of the staff has at least l0 years paving experience.
Nortown Paving & Construction Inc. is fully insured and carries a performance bond and is registered with the Ministry of Consumer and Commercial Relations.
Nortown Paving & Construction Inc. is a member of the Better Business Bureau and the Toronto Builders Association.

Our business is built on satisfied customers. All work carries a one year guarantee.