Northland Paving Ltd

Northland Paving Ltd

Reviews for Northland Paving Ltd

CS in Scarborough
CS in Scarborough

not happy with the overall customer service!

Job was done well, and are (for the most part) happy with the completed project.

BUT there were issues and we are not happy with the overall customer service! And we were a little surprised that there was no final inspection or "customer satisfaction" call by Northland Paving upon completion as we have had with other companies.

1. Minor damage was done to our door when having work done to our porch which could have resulted in major damage during the first rainfall had we not noticed it. We contacted the sub-contractor directly to see if the issue could be easily rectified. No response. We told Northland Paving about it, they agreed to reimburse us for the piece we had to purchase. Had to argue for more considering the inconvenience of us having to go out purchase the piece, install the piece etc. Apparently OUR time was only worth $5. When we call the office to continue talks re: reparation, there is never a manager available and no call backs. Requests for call back via email have also not been responded to.

2. The sub-contractors van leaked oil (or some other liquid) all over our driveway. He also left cigarette butts and garbage on our driveway, lawn and in our garden. There was NO clean-up on completion.

3. The sub-contractor decided to leave our bottom stair to do at another time considering the stair had to be re-poured. Because it was done at a different time than the rest of the project, the grout lines are noticeably darker than the rest of the project. Yes, it was commented on by a visitors.

4. Having watched the process unfold I find it was Over-priced. Quoting was done via square footage. When talking with the sales guy he talked about how long the process would take, the number of days and how labour intensive it was. Most of the time is spent on drying and it did not take nearly as long as they said. I feel they misrepresented the process to justify the price OR they have an extremely high markup.

5. Lastly, office staff was very pushy re: payment. We had told them that we would be on vacation when the job was completed and would not be paying until we returned and saw the final result. Arrived home on the Sunday to find numerous messages regarding payment starting the day after completion (Thursday). Even when we mentioned the issue of the damage all they wanted to know was how and when they would be paid -- even though we were still trying to negotiate more money for the inconvenience of the damages. We paid it (in less than a week after completion) and the calls have stopped including any correspondence regarding the damages.

In response to Northland’s comments:

…and still no call back as requested. I would think if the company cared about our customer satisfaction they would have given us a call. I hope we have no issues with the concrete refacing because I doubt we will hear back from the company if we do.

Yes, we are happy overall since it looks better than it did BUT there were/are issues which was why we asked to have someone call us since the collections department said that they don’t deal with customer issues.

Also, we understand WHY our door was modified but we were at home at the time, the stripping could have easily been given to us. Instead 1.5 hours of OUR time was spent to fix the issue introduced. Travel time, time spent looking for the correct piece for our door, as well as installing the new piece as new ones did not match up to the old one etc. it was NOT a straightforward installation. $5 was an insult!!

Lastly, there were 5 messages for payment left within 3 days!!!

Hi CS,
I am very happy to hear that you are pleased with the completed project!
That is what we strive for and at the end of the day, we are pleased we met that goal! Our collections department did call you for payment as we normally do when the project is complete (they were unaware you were away, and they left you 2 messages). When you spoke with our collections department you did say how much you loved the job and that you were so satisfied. You also said, “he did a great job”!
In construction we need to understand that sometimes access may impede our (or any other trades) ability to do a great job. For example, grass, shrubs and flowers may be in the way of an excavation for basement waterproofing. In this case the weather stripping on the bottom of your door was in the way of the concrete resurfacing and needed to be removed to properly install the materials. Had we left it on, the project would have been compromised and you would have had a reason to complain.
We felt we were fair in covering the cost of the replacement weather stripping.

Cristian in Toronto
Cristian in Toronto

Recently got my driveway paved

I had a few issues communicating with them but eventually the company came through allright. It’s a matter of talking to the right people and problems go away. And the company has those people.

r. smith in Toronto
r. smith in Toronto

Driveway Demolition & Repaving, Concrete Curbs

Very satisfied with the work from the original quote to the finished work. The estimator & crews came when promised & did an excellent job.
I have already recommended Northland to a neighbor.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are so happy that you are happy with the results!

Asphalt Driveway

Very good job. Not the cheapest available, but the workmanship is worth it. I have seen paving jobs in the neighborhood by other companies and none compare to Northland. Would recommend them to anyone.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are so pleased that you are satisfied with the end result. Quality is important to us!

Courtney in Scarborough
Courtney in Scarborough

Install paving stone and concrete pad

Lifetime customer! Had my asphalt driveway and curbs installed by Northland over twenty years ago. When it was time to do the patio in the backyard, I took one look at the fantastic shape that my driveway was still in; it was a no brainer who to call. Northland excellent workmanship, quality and top notch customer service.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are happy to have you as a valued lifetime customer and look forward to working on your next project in the future!

Nancy  in Toronto
Nancy in Toronto

A job well done

Thanks to all of the staff and crews for a job well done paving our driveway. From the initial meeting with Georgio when he explained the process and helped us solve a couple of property line problems, to Sheila's phone calls and emails setting up the dates for the work, to the crews who did an excellent job preparing and paving our long driveway. We are very pleased with how everything moved along efficiently and the end result is perfect. I miss my red gravel but I know this was a wise decision. Thank you to everyone involved........money well spent!

Thank you so much for such a nice review! We are very proud of our staff and will post this review for them all to see! Hmm, perhaps some of the red gravel could have gone into large glass jars with candles for accent on the patio!

Robert in Scarborough
Robert in Scarborough

driveawy

Wow no company comes close to this crew. From excavation to finished driveway they were friendly, professional and extra effort to detail did not go unnoticed. We would highly recommend Northland Paving to any one that needs driveway work

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a nice review! We are so happy that you are pleased with the results. We will post this review where our crews can see it!

AB in Toronto
AB in Toronto

Interlock for back patio and parking area

was so impressed with the professionalism and efficiency of Northland Paving. The team completed the interlock for the back patio and parking spot. It looks amazing. Giorgio is a knowledgeable professional and during the initial consult they are able to provide you a “live” quote (good use of technology). Mike and his crew did a wonderful job and were timely. Clean up was done well. Their prices are or on the higher end, but it’s worth it. They are focused on customer service. One of the best experiences I have had with a contractor. Highly recommend.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review! We are so happy that you were pleased. We are very proud of our team and I will post your review where Mike and his crew can read it.

Bao in Toronto
Bao in Toronto

Great guys who got the job done quick and well

I lived in a townhome where I share my driveway with my neighbor. We wanted to not only replace the pavement driveway but also to widen the driveway with interlock.

These guys came in and told us what exactly needs to be done and are very knowledgeable about the process. I was going through 3-4 contractors and ended up going with this company even though they were not the cheapest.

The entire job took about 3 hours and these guys obviously knew what they were doing and did the job fairly quickly. We get compliments from neighbors how nice our drive way is because of their effort. It's been only 6 months since we had this done and it held up so far.

My only drawback was they unfortunately cut the Internet cable for both our neighbors so they were out of Internet for a day. Luckily Rogers were able to come the next day to fix this issue. My advice to people who want to repave driveway and add interlock, know where the internet cable is so that they can come right after the job is complete.

I would recommend them

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure doing business with you!

Interlocking Driveway

Not very happy with the quoting process (could have been more client-oriented); but the end result is very pleased. Big thanks to Sheila and the experienced excavation/installation team. Many of my neighbours came to take a look my new driveway. The neighbour who laughed at me when excavation was done have their contractor to look at my driveway as an example. Now, my new driveway is an exhibit thanks to Northland Paving :D

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We are so happy that you are very pleased with your new driveway! Please call our office, I would love to review with you our quoting process and find out how you think we could improve the experience going forward.

More about Northland Paving Ltd

Northland Paving’s commitment to excellence is the foundation by which the company has grown. Specializing in commercial and residential projects with uncompromising standards, Northland has grown to become one of the most respected paving and interlocking stone contractors in the Toronto area.