NewRidge Refinishing Group

Floor Laying & Refinishing
876 Golf Links Road Hamilton ON L9K1M7
HomeStars  >  Floor Laying & Refinishing in Burlington  >  NewRidge Refinishing Group
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for NewRidge Refinishing Group

LS in Niagara
2 reviews Fonthill, ON

I contacted NewRidge to obtain an estimate on refinishing an old floor that had been covered with carpet. Underneath was 100+ yr old Douglas Fir, with paint splatter and areas of old glue. I received a response very quickly and was provided with a detailed questionnaire to fill out. I sent in some photos to help with the estimate. I was very happy with the estimate and booked my appointment. On that day, Heath arrived in good time and got right to work. He was a wealth of information on flooring in very old houses, which was extremely interesting. Since I had ripped out the carpet and underpad, there was a 1/2" gap under the baseboards, so he and I went to purchase the right trim to cover over the gap. Heath took great care in installing this trim and it looks wonderful. The sanding job was practically dust-free, I was amazed. He vacuumed up what little dust there was. The rest of the work went smoothly and Heath helped me put up plastic sheets over the 2 doorways to keep my cats out. I will certainly be using the services of NewRidge again for other rooms in the house. Clean, courteous, trustworthy and with real expertise about old houses, I give NewRidge the highest recommendation!

Janice in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Carpet was removed in a bedroom and the original hardwood floor underneath was refinished to match the rest of the rooms. The colour match was great and the flooring looks new again.

Tim from Etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

I hired NewRidge Refinishing to sand / stain the hardwood floors in my post-war bungalow in December 2009. Their price wasn't the cheapest quote I received, but it was definitely more affordable than most.

Scott was always prompt with responding to emails, and alwasy answered any questions I had. The price I was quoted was the price I paid which is refreshing given hassles I've had with other professionals in the past. Heath did a great job on the floors, especially with the corners and transition pieces. These were all hand scraped or sanded giving my floors a very uniform look.

There was a bit more dust than I expected but it's a small inconvenience for having the floors finished to my liking.

Review has 1 previous version

brien in burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Without question the best $1,000 we ever spent on the house. The re-finished floors look like they are brand new - fantastic job and we highly recommended newridge.
They also did our baseboards - another great job done by them.

TammyD- Hamilton Mountain
1 review Hamilton, ON

I emailed NewRidge Refinishing when I ripped up the carpet that was covering what I knew could be a beautiful hardwood floor in my new home's living room. The entire process of preparing was done through emails (which is convenient for me because I out of the office most of my days). They asked questions including asking me to send photos of the current condition of the floor, etc. They answered all my questions and quickly booked a date with me to have the work completed. It was completely finished in one full day and with a custom dark stain which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE! I couldn't be happier with the price or the floor itself.

Lynn on Hamilton Mountain
1 review Hamilton, ON

The work done on my floors was top quality. I have had nothing but compliments on the finished result and I have passed their name on to several of my friends who are in the market for hardwood refinshing.

Steve & Julie
1 review Beamsville, ON

Newridge was great from the beginning, the response, the before and after picutre and refrences. They came when they said they would and project was completed on time! We are very pleased with our floors, and get continous compliements from our family and friends on the the transformation, some thought we had our floors replaced. I would recommend them to anyone! Please look back I will post pictures!

SARAH IN BTFD
2 reviews ,

New Ridge flooring refinished my hardwood flooring. I am very happy with the work that was done. Customer service and workmanship was very good. I found New Ridge Flooring on Kijiji. Heath was trustworthy in my home with no supervision. Scott was very helpful scheduling the appointments and answering any questions taht i had.

Very recommended.

Joe Burlington
1 review Etobicoke, ON

I am extremely pleased with the efforts of this company. Besides doing a great job,Heath was respectful of my home and my family, and for a person who does not like "strangers" in my house I felt comfortable with him being there.
The price I paid and the finished product proved to be an exceptional value in a very timely fashion.
I would recommend this company to my close friends and family.

Darryl in Oakville

Not much to say other than absolutely a perfect job! The professionalism of the company was nothing short of perfect and the attention to detail in doing the work was first class.

More about NewRidge Refinishing Group

!!!PLEASE SEND ALL EMAILS DIRECTLY TO ESTIMATES@NEWRIDGEREFINISHING.COM. DO NOT MESSAGE US THROUGH THE HOMESTAR'S MESSAGING SYSTEM AS WE HAVE DIFFICULTY RECEIVING THOSE MESSAGES . THANK YOU!!!

Our story is comprised of multiple stories from the craftspeople working at this company. Telling those stories one at a time is complicated compared to sharing the common theme for our interior woodworking business; a love of the craft. At our company we recognized that there is a group of homeowners who value their time as well as the quality of services they need. Our team decided to commit to this niche market because our talents AND our quality of communication are what differentiates this company.

Have you ever had to live out of a hotel for more than a week? The process can really grate on your nerves and become exhausting. We know the feeling because we have been there too, so we work to provide consistent quality without any mistakes that can encumber your time. Read on and we will tell you how we do this.

Evaluating key elements of the refinishing and installation business for more than ten years with our customer surveys and follow up phone calls have proven that clear expectations for timelines, product quality, and workmanship are number one. From the smallest details of how to transition from wood to tile all the way to how to refinish your staircase in a schedule that works with your painter. It takes experience and passion to ensure your job is treated as a complete project.

We have identified and hired the best tradesmen in this area thoroughly. Each person working with this group has been evaluated in person for quality of workmanship by reviewing multiple completed jobs. In addition, we validate references to ensure there are no surprises later.

Newridge Refinishing Group is owned and managed by Scott Newman, a second-generation flooring professional. Growing up in the business means that his management style is well balanced for pairing your needs with the best tradesman in the company for the job. Because of our commitment to the customer, our reputation online is among the best for the southern Ontario region.

Our words are one thing, but we encourage you to check us out for yourself.

If you feel that we are a good fit, then we encourage you to contact us by phone or email. We promise to respond quickly and assess your needs so that we can serve you in a timely manner. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Services Offered:
Furniture Refinishing & Repair
Stair Builders
Laminate Floor Installation

Specialties:
Hardwood Floor Refinishing, Screen and Coat (aka "Buff and Coat"), Stair Case Refinishing (including treads, risers, railings, spindles and stringers), Stair Case Tread and Riser Installation, Hardwood Repair and Hardwood Installation

Some of the Brands we Use:
Fabulon Urethanes, Torcan Urethanes,Streetshoe Waterbase Urethanes,
Emulsion Urethanes,Bona Products, Minwax Stains, Benjamin Moore Stains, Sherwin Williams Stains, Dura Seal Stains, Pratt & Lambert Stains, Galaxy Sanding Machines

With operations in Hamilton & North Toronto we Serve the following Areas:

Hamilton, Brantford, Burlington, Oakville, Grimsby, Niagara Falls, St. Catherine's, Welland

Most GTA & York Region areas including Toronto, North York, Scarborough, Vaughn, Markham, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Aurora

Durham County including Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa & Brooklin