I’ve used this company twice now and both times the work has been excellent. No question of that. This time Patrick and a colleague did a great job of cleaning my windows. I was very happy with the end result.
Here’s the problem. The window cleaning itself is first rate. It’s setting up the appointment for the cleaning where I ran into ongoing problems. Here a run down:
- I called New View Window Cleaning to set up an appointment. I was told that they couldn’t schedule an appointment at the moment and that they’d call me back. They never did.
- Two or three working days later I did receive an e-mail from the company telling me that I’d sent *them* an e-mail message to a wrong address. I had no idea what they were talking about. I sent no e-mail. They must have had my e-mail address from when I used them the first time.
- So I called New View and asked about the strange message I’d received. “Oh, that was a mistake. You shouldn’t have received that.” Okay. So I asked to make an appointment for window cleaning and this time they were able to give me a date. For a day about three weeks later. Closer to the day they said that they’d contact me to narrow down the specific time.
- A few days after that my phone rings. It’s New View. I answer. “Who is this?” they asked. “Well, you called me,” I answered. They told me that they’d made some sort of mistake with a customer and they were trying to track down which customer. Weird. I gave my name. “Oh, it wasn’t you,” they said. “Never mind.”
- The day of the cleaning arrived and they hadn’t contact me with the time. So I called them. I was given a time. A few minutes later they called me to confirm my e-mail address. The same e-mail address they’d mistakenly used weeks before.
Honestly, I’ve never seen such confusion and clumsiness in something as simple as setting up an appointment. Again, the window cleaning itself is excellent. But this company put me through the ringer to get there. I'm giving New View 10 out of 10 for the quality of the cleaning. But if I could, I'd give them 1 out of 10 for their office staff.