National Home Comfort Centre

Reviews for National Home Comfort Centre

victor from Etobicoke
victor from Etobicoke

instal fireplace

Bought a fireplace and had it installed. Andrew was a very thorough
installer and we had complete confidence that we would have no problems with the result. Very satisfied with the heat coming off the unit and it looks spiffy.

Tear down existing brick fireplace and replace with new gas insert and mantel

I found the people in this company very helpful - especially Craig and Young. Gave me lots of time to consider what I wanted and provided alternatives if I so desired. The work was done quickly, clean and was finished and installed as they described.
All I need to do now is paint -

Very happy with the work

Mel26
Mel26

Fireplace install

I have to say that I am disappointed with this company. I had them quote on a new fireplace install last year and chose to go with another company because National wouldn't install a limestone tile from another supplier. When we had a second fireplace project to complete this year, I thought I would have them quote again and after spending a lot of time in the showroom with the salesperson, decided to give them a chance. They said that they would work with my stone tile this time around and although they did make it clear that I would have to hire my own drywaller and electrician as required, that they would do everything else (i.e. frame & install concrete board around fireplace, install tile, install mantel, and tile the hearth). I made it clear that I wanted the exact same fireplace that I had installed in my first project because we are happy with the look and function of the unit. I gave them the unit model # and showed it to them onsite. In the end, I am disappointed with the final result for the following reasons:
1. The options available with the fireplace unit were not explained to me. The unit I had installed last year had the ability to control the flame and included a thermostat remote. I did not realize this was a special feature so I did not specifically request it. I think that it is only reasonable to expect the salesperson to explain all the options available but this was definitely not done.
2. After the demo of the old fireplace was completed, I was basically convinced by the salesperson not to use them to complete the finishing around the fireplace and that I would be better served by a contractor who can bring in all the different trades (i.e. for any drywall repair).
So I am now left with an unfinished fireplace wall and an inferior fireplace unit to what I was expecting. I just wish the communication would have been clearer and easier from beginning to end. If you are looking for a turnkey solution, I would not recommend National Home Comfort Centre.

I have nothing bad to say about the installers who came to attach the unit to the gas line and vent it out, as far as I can see they did a good job.

Stefan in Etobicoke
Stefan in Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Fireplace and mantel

I had my fireplace rebuilt and refaced to house my existing gas insert. Special thanks to Marc for taking the time to ensure the job was completed to my complete satisfaction.

Yancy in Etobicoke
Yancy in Etobicoke
7 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Gas Insert purchase and installation

Marc at National Home Comfort Centre was very helpful in helping us choose the right gas insert to replace our wood burning fireplace.
The turn around time from order to installation was very fast and the installer was very friendly and knowledgeable.
Our cold basement is now warm and cozy.
We would definitely recommend National Home Comfort Centre.

Newlywed in Ajax
Newlywed in Ajax
6 reviews Ajax, ON

Service Call for Furnace

Called for service on the furnace in our rental property because the tenant reported it wouldn't turn on. Prior to calling, we went to the home ourselves and checked the fuses and power switches and thermostat and couldn't find any issues. We made an appointment, and were told the technician would be there between 12-2pm. (Gotta love appointment windows!) Anyway, as the house is tenanted, I couldn't just wait in the house, so I sat in my car outside the home waiting for the tech to show up. At 1:00pm I was getting antsy so I called to see if there was an ETA. I was told the service girl was on lunch and no one else could help me. So I called back 2 more times before 2pm, with no sign of the service tech. Finally at 2pm the girl from the office called to tell me that the tech was running late would be there in 10 minutes. At 2:30pm the tech finally showed up. I sat in MY CAR for 2.5 hours waiting for this guy. We finally went in, and he flicked the power switch and the furnace on, just like that. I told him we checked that before, and it didn't work. He said the wiring in the house is old (which is true) so I should check that out but that there was nothing wrong with the furnace. Not sure how he knew that, since he didn't actually do anything to the furnace. This guy was in the house for literally 3 minutes, after showing up late with no call or warning and still charged me the full $100 service call fee. Definitely would NOT recommend this company.

Hi Newlywed,
You may have posted your comment in the incorrect company profile? Unfortunatley our compnay name is very similar to another door to door furnace rental company. Please comfirm that it was in fact National Home COMFORT, as I do not have record of a service call matching your description in the last few weeks.
Please confrim and let us know, and I would be glad to look into the issue for you.
National Home Comfort Centre

Michele Bussieres in Richmond Hill
Michele Bussieres in Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Installation of a New Gas Furnace

I obtained three quotes for a new gas furnace and chose National due to both their competitive pricing and my prior experience with them (gas fireplace installation). Their installation staff was excellent and did a first class job installing the new furnace. They took the time to carefully explain how to troubleshoot any problems and how to do the basic maintenance. They did a superb job in removing the old furnace and leaving the furnace room clean and in order. I would highly recommend National Home Comfort based on both my experience with the furnace installation and my new gas fireplace.

Shawn from Mississauga
Shawn from Mississauga

Installation of Fireplace

After purchasing a fireplace from the original manufactuer, I needed someone with expertise to install a 3 sided fireplace in a basment to make it look most pleasing. The installers at National not only came by once but numerous to ensure the work was what's best for our home and cost effective. Hooray for National

Elle - Toronto
Elle - Toronto

Fireplace and Mantel

I have been wanting to make over my ugly outdated fireplace for years. My biggest obstacle was not knowing where to start!
A friend of mine reccomended National Home Comfort in Etobicoke. From the moment I went in I felt like these people really knew what they were doing. Their selection was great and they had a great understanding and were willing to accomodate my sense of style.
They helped me with design options, and once I decided, they took over and took care of the entire project. I did not need to hire any other contractors...they were the only people I had to deal with... from demolition to installation to custom shelving...and they were great! From a single visit to they're showroom to 6 weeks later, my old out dated fireplace was brought back to life and it brought back my living room with a whole new look.
Thank You!!!!

More about National Home Comfort Centre

National Home Comfort is an exciting one stop location showroom for your home comfort needs. We carry and install a full range of gas fireplaces, electric fireplaces, and custom wood and stone mantels. We also carry and install a full range of furnaces, air conditioners, humidifiers, and air filters.