Spencer N Contracting

General Contractors
869 Carlaw Ave Toronto ON M4K 3L4
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in East York  >  Spencer N Contracting

Reviews for Spencer N Contracting

Wooden deck, window frames, shed roof, pointing, gutters, down pipes, waterproofing rear wall, interlocking stone, fence, new furnace with AC, updated ventilation, artificial grass

After having lost a couple of bidding wars, we decided we would get luckier in purchasing a semi-detached home that needed some TLC. Enter Nick, whom we like to call Saint-Nic, to save the day. We were in over our heads but he walked us through it all and was very honest about the pressing matters and the ones that could wait. The excellent quality of work along with his talented team (Barry, George and son, Matt, Orson (Cedarwood ClimateCare) just to name a few) have made the transitioning period a lot less difficult. Nick is honest, hardworking and just a stand-up guy. We were super lucky to have found him as we had heard many horror stories about other contractors. I recommend ''N Spencer contracting'' without reservation. We did not regret it and neither will you!

Bathroom Renovation

We had them take the room back to the studs and install everything new including the drains, electrical and plumbing. Joe and Carlos did a fantastic job. This is the third project we have had done by this company and will continue to use there services for all our future projects.

Mary Lou from Toronto
Mary Lou from Toronto

2nd floor demo and reno

Gord & his team did a great job. Barry is particularly skilled at finishing. He did an Arts & Craft trim around windows & doors that is magnificent. Gord does a very detailed contract and checks in on a regular basis. We also had Spencer contracting reno the main floor and it looks great. Both jobs were complete gut and rebuild.

Anonymous from Toronto
Anonymous from Toronto

extensive concrete work

Spencer N Contracting poured concrete paths on two sides of our house that slope slightly away from the foundation, poured new concrete steps at our front door and also poured a concrete floor for our garage. They were very efficient and professional, taking the time to explain every step of the way. They were clean, polite and trustworthy, and the quality of their work was outstanding.

stephen    beaches Toronto
stephen beaches Toronto

new roofs, siding, bedroom ceiling, skylights repaired

what a life saver Nick and his team were! We had mold in the house and both my wife and myself were ill from it! He had all the work completed as stated in just two weeks as he promised! WOW! They came when he said his men would come and Nick and his his team were very polite and friendly and true professionals, we couldn't be happier! We were so lucky to find him in our time of need and we ended up with the best house on the street! We highly recommend Nick ( a full service contractor) and give him 10 out of 10.

Jose from Toronto
Jose from Toronto
1 review Scarborough, ON

Basement bathroom

We are very satisfied with the professional work done on our bathroom renovation. Carlo & Joe always were here when they said they would be, they did their work very competently and at a high standard. Nick answered all our questions and regularly supervised the work. We would highly recommend this company.

Fin in Toronto
Fin in Toronto
11 reviews East York, ON

Chimney extension and liner install

We had a bad experience with Spencer Contracting. We hired them to extend our chimney and install a liner during a second storey addition. We had some small issues with the mason they sent but Gordon Coleman sorted it out quickly and we thought all was well. Months later we discovered during a routine chimney inspection that the mason had installed a part which did not appear meet building code standards (the base support). It turned out it was made of the wrong kind of metal and should not have been in a wood burning fireplace where it would be exposed to flue gases (as it could leak toxic fumes). When I contacted Spencer they looked into it right away and their mason assured me the part was safe and was 'listed' even if it did not meet the building code. However I contacted the manufacturer of the part directly and they emailed me back confirming that the part was not meant to be exposed to flue gases. I gave Spencer the chance to come back and fix the problem, as long as they used another mason, but they told me it was not necesssary and everything was fine. We then were not able to pass our final building inspection due to the presence of this part. I met with Spencer contracting and told them I would be hiring another company to replace the part as I had given them a chance and they had refused. I also told Spencer that I would like them to cover the $1200 cost of replacement. They refused this offer as well and at one point actually said to me that the 'building code was out of date' and the part was fine. We had another company come in and do the work and have now passed our final inspection. I am surprised that on a contract worth $10,000 Spencer would quibble over $1200 on a potentially toxic issue, but this was indeed the case. I would not recommend Spencer Contracting and we will not be using them again.

Bonnie Turner in Toronto
Bonnie Turner in Toronto

2-Storey Addition replaced at rear of Semi-Detached House

We were late in the year starting our project and were concerned that we might not be able to find a contractor, after meeting with 6 different companies, my husband noticed there sign and after reviewing the project he knew that this was the company for us. Excellent workmanship, professional and well represented by Gord Colman. We were so pleased with the work that we also had them vinyl side the entire southern exposure of our semi-detached house. They completed the job on time and on budget and all my concerns were addressed immediately. I have found the company to help me complete my honey-to-do list and would recommend them to anyone for there renovation needs. Please note ours is not a project that they usually take on, but knowing our dilemma they came through for us and for that my family is grateful.

Justin in East york
Justin in East york

Siding and soffits, other work

Very pleased with Gord and the crew. We have now used them 3 times and he is always professional and his crew courteous and experienced. Gord is always there to answer questions and is very thorough and upfront.

More about Spencer N Contracting

General home renovation, both interior and exterior. Serving South East Toronto and South West Scarborough.