Mississauga Tile Centre Ltd

Tile & Stone Retailers
6400 Millcreek Dr, Unit 2 Mississauga ON L5N 3E7
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Retailers in Mississauga  >  Mississauga Tile Centre Ltd

Reviews for Mississauga Tile Centre Ltd

JOHN IN ERIN MILLS
JOHN IN ERIN MILLS

porcelain tile floor installation

Overall my experience dealing with Mississauga Tile`s President, John,
and the workers performing the work was very satisfactory. John was very helpful in outlining the installation options available re: the existing vinyl tiles, etc. The workers were professional, courteous, and cleaned up the premises before they left.

Fung
Fung

Porcelain tiles in the foyer ,laundry room and powder room

We visited the showroom and liked the idea of bringing slabs of tiles home in order to pick the appropriate style. The staff were courteous and we received an estimate to tile the foyer, powder room and laundry room. The installer worked at a frantic pace and was eager to finish the job quickly. The job was completed in about two and a half days. However, upon closer inspection the two air vent covers were not flush to the floor, the bi-fold closet door was not installed propery and would not close properly. As well, there were a two dents on the laundry room wall (moving toilet etc.) and small smears of cement were found on the baseboards and steps. We corrected these defects rather than have him return. I did report my displeasure to the owner,John. The installer was careless and sloppy.

Garth in Lorne Park
Garth in Lorne Park

Kitchen rennovation

We had our kitchen rennovated. They came in and removed our old tile and installed new ones. Everyone we dealt with from John the owner , Wendy in the showroom and the installers Enzo and Frank were outstanding. We have dealt with Mississauga tile before ( Two bathrooms) and have always been pleased with their quality of work.

Oliver Knows Best
Oliver Knows Best
3 reviews ,

Tiling Job

Never have had such a terrible time with any contractor or company. After a year and a half of fighting with them they finally decided to redo the crappy job they did on the tile...took a week, they ran out of tile on the second job, delayed another day. When I called and spoke to the owner about getting the sink & toilet put back he was very unprofessional. Don't waste your time & money. I gave them a one star rating only because they came back and redid the job. I am normally not one who writes reviews like this but wanted to warn others not to waste their hard earned cash on a company who dosen't care about their customers...

JH- Mississauga
JH- Mississauga

hardwood & slate installation, broadloom

I have used MTC for 2 jobs: hardwood and slate on main floor and then
carpet upstairs. The 2 guys who did the hardwood were excellent - worked very hard,
did excellent quality work, clean up after themselves and finished on-time. The
carpet installer were were equally hard working, on-time and tidy but the quality of
the work suffered as they seemed very rushed. Both jobs were reasonably priced. We
are planning on using them again. JS

Paddy from Clarkson
Paddy from Clarkson
2.8/10

Complete Bathroom Reno

We contracted MTC to do a complete renovation and remodelling of our tiny (5' x 8') bathroom from circa 1973.
The quote given to us by Paul was fine and he seemed receptive to ourdesign and material preferences and wasn't bent on 'upselling' us beyond our budget. The entire project was to take a 5-7 days, but they told us it MAY take up to 10. Admittedly we had issues from RONA on a solid surface countertop..but thats another story.
The tearout was done badly and several deep and irreperable gauges were left in the recently refinished hardwood floors upstairs (compensation offered = $0). The new shower and tub took 7 days to get in, and the tiling job was SO bad, they had to DEMOLISH the whole bathroom (floor and all) to start again! I HAVE PHOTO PROOF!
It was finally installed, but they used some sort of indellible markser on the porous tile for cutting, so I have permanent marks on some of the tiles in the shower, but I was too desperate to get my bathroom back, I didn't want a 3rd tearout. It took over 6 months to get this bathroom workable and they had the audacity to ask for full payment! Oh, and the toilet isn't level, it rocks and leaks around the base (hidden by clear caulking). Oh, and the tub has a half bubble tilt towards the room so when you shower, the floor gets wet. I have a folder an inch think on failed communications, mistakes and damages from these folks...Incompetant is the mildest word I can think of.

Arnon, Thornhill
Arnon, Thornhill

3.3/10

Shower installation

Had MTC install a shower last year. Price was good, shower was installed in a reasonable timeframe.

After complaints of a leak from the downstairs neighbours, I discovered a year later that a hidden seam was left uncaulked, resulting in significant water damage to the bathroom, and the apartment below.

At this point I found out that MTC's "warranty" is worth only the paper it's written on. MTC readily answers the phone, service is friendly, and they happily promise to get back to me, schedule an appointment, and show up for scheduled appointments. Delivering on those promises however, is something else. It took months to get someone to even have a look, and 6 months later, still no one has shown up to start repair work.