Hired Milorad based on finding him on this site and the raving reviews from other people. He was to remove my existing glass backsplash and install a new stone backsplash in a chevron pattern.
Pricing was fair and was able to do my project fairly quickly - took him 5 days to complete the project.
As per most of the people who reviewed his work, his tiling work is very good however for whatever reason his attention to detail on few items were not which was surprising.
Overall the tiling was done well but not to our full satisfaction which we expressed to him and shared that he believed it was done to his satisfaction. I was a little shocked as I am thinking shouldn't he be only satisfied when his client is satisfied with the job.
Here are a few issues that we encountered:
1) Caulking job was done very sloppy as if he was rushing to complete the work which I ended up redoing properly
2) Scratched my hardwood floors when moving my appliances
3) Installed the Chevron tile vertically which turned out nice but he never asked us to confirm how we wanted it to be installed - just went ahead and assumed on our behalf
4) Install of corner tiles were not aligned vertically (see images). After we seeing the first corner of our wall I asked why it was not aligned and he mentioned it is impossible to line up perfectly and this is how he installs this type of pattern for all other customers. In the end, I showed him were to cut the tiles vertically in order for the corner tiles to align as closely as possible. I am not a tradesperson but figured it out with simple logic and trial and error of cutting the tiles. Milord had thought I used a special computer program to figure this out - sorry to tell you I did not.
He does great work but unfortunately my experience was not the same as the others.
- Approximate cost of services: