Metro Skylite

Reviews for Metro Skylite

Daniel
Daniel

skylight installation

I'm glad I found Ron on this website. Being the first project after I moved to this country, was really skeptical about the outcome at the beginning. Turned out Ron is very professional, very efficient. Project is done on time and on budget, and the skylight installed really elevates the room. Would highly recommend Ron to anyone looking for skylight services.

Bathurst/Eglinton
Bathurst/Eglinton

flat roof skylight

Ron was wonderful, reliable, punctual, professional. Our skylight had been repaired many times over many years and it was time to replace it. I would definitely recommend this company. I had many quotes, he was competitive and reasonable. neat, tidy and friendly.

JR - Downtown Toronto
JR - Downtown Toronto

Roof Window Lens Replacement

We have a twenty-five year old Velux roof window that although still working, developed a side-to-side crack on the inner pane of glass. Hoping to simply replace the unit, we contacted several top-recommended skylight companies, only to discover that our model is no longer available, and we would either have to go with a slightly smaller unit (and lose some light), or enlarge the roof opening (with the possibility of having to cut another rafter). Ron was the one who suggested an easier, less disruptive, and cheaper fix. He could get a new lens fabricated locally and simply replace the old one, instead of replacing the entire roof window. When I also inquired about getting a blind, he suggested that I simply order one directly from Velux myself, as they are easy to install and I would save the cost of another visit.

Ron is very personable and efficient, and we would certainly recommend him and his company for any skylight work.

SJK in Toronto
SJK in Toronto

Skylight replacement

We re recently used Metro for a second time, to replace a horrible plastic skylight in our new (but old) house. Ron is not only highly professional and full of integrity, but a nice guy. He and his crew showed up when they said they would, and had the work completed in a timely manner. He takes pictures of the process so that you can see what things looked like when the roof was open, how they build the curb, and do the flashing, etc. The quality of work is excellent. The first time we used him, he installed a brand new skylight in our previous house. When we had a small problem, he came by immediately and rectified it, with no complaints or attitude. He is not afraid of permits. He knows what he's doing, because skylights is all he does, and I doubt we'll ever use anyone else for skylight work! Highly recommend.

S in TO
S in TO
4 reviews SCARBOROUGH, ON

Skylight Replacement

Ron replaced two skylights for us - one of them had been leaking badly. He did an excellent job installing the new skylights and completely sealed off the interior work area before starting, leaving our house immaculate.

Ron came back promptly to address a very small installation problem, and he added interior finishing work for free! Very highly recommended!

Robert Hill in Burlington
Robert Hill in Burlington
1 review BURLINGTON, ON

Two new Skylights

From the first email request to the finished instalation, Ron Allen and his team are the best..... period!

Having worked with many trades while renovating several homes, none compare to the Metro Skylite crew. They arrive on time, offer great advice and take exceptional pride in their work.

Like everyone else writing here, I too recommend Metro Skylite without hesitation. A pleasure to deal with such great people!

Jonathon in Etobicoke
Jonathon in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Skylight repalcement

I was having trouble with an existing skylight. It was leaking and causing damage to my paint and drywall but only in the winter. After trying to get this issue solved by soooooo... many roofers, a friend put me on to Ron Allen at Metro Skylite. His response time and attention to my concerns were amazing. I was informed that the skylights were not leaking at all but the problem was rather with condensation. It made sense as the problem was only there in the winter. Although I considered his propsed fix (replace the skylight) expensive I decide to move forward with the job. That was December. Since then we have had a very cold winter and I am happy to say that my skylight is bone dry thanks to Ron and his wonderful crew. The professionalism of this company in the way the work was carried out and the way in which they cared for my property is truely beyond compare. I would gladly reccommend this company to anyone.

Ted Pikul in Newmarket
Ted Pikul in Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Replace 3 skylights

I personally repaired the installation of each of 3 skylights on a sunroom which was added by the previous owner of my 70 year old house.
When one skylight started to leak again but through the actual skylight, I knew I needed to replace them.
I used the internet to look up the full range of skylights and manufacturers, then looked for companies that would supply and install the skylights and started making contacts.
The list came down to 3 who were asked to quote.
Metro Skylite had the highest quote but it included replacing the cedar shakes on the roof fields where the skylights were installed. From my own experience, redoing the shakes was critical.
The other 2 were only interested in installing the skylights. I would be left with hiring another contractor to complete the job.
Ron Allen from Metro Skylite came to measure the job and verify the quote. I thought he was professional, like his website and that he knew what he was doing.
He told me that they would redo all 5 fields of the sunroom addition with new cedar shakes for the price quoted.
He mentioned that Metro did a lot of service calls on skylights but that he did not like to do service calls on his own jobs. So the job would be done right the first time. He would know it was right when all of the shakes on the addition up to the metal flashing which joined the addition to the main house were replaced.
There was rain 2 of the 5 days in the previous week and Ron contacted me 2 days before the scheduled install, that, as the previous job was not completed, the start date would be pushed back by a day.
My reaction, “these guys will finish my job before they move on to the next.”
The crew arrived, but after clearing the roof found damaged sections which they repaired, then installed the skylights. They also finished the interior plastering to the skylights, after repairing some more damage which they found on the inside. The new roof shakes and gutter leaf guards were install and the job took an extra half day to be done right and at the price quoted.
Competent, professional and do what they say, for the price quoted.
I wonder if Mike Holmes is looking for any skylights.

laura palfrey in Palgrave
laura palfrey in Palgrave
1 review Shelburne, ON

skylite and bathroom fan

I had a skylite and fan put into the master bathroom in the house. I found that the employees were knowledgable on the products that i purchased and able to answer any questions i had. They were prompt on the time and date that they were coming to install the skylite. Also for the job they did, it was very affordable. Their 10 yr warranty eases my mind since not many company's actually gaurante their workmanship. i would recommed metro skylite to anyone.

sued danforth
sued danforth

Replace one skylight, and One New Skylight

We first hired Metro Skylight to replace an aging fiberglass skylight back in 2002 with a nice new Velux skylight. The job was done very well. From the first visit, to the final clean up - we were very impressed. And our skylight has been perfect. A few years later, we hired them again to install another skylight for us (a new install). Once again, everything was perfect. Total quality. I should add - both are very large, powered skylights - not the easiest thing to deal with. I have never hesitated in recommending Metro Skylight. I onlly wish they a) did other services (windows) as I would hire them again in a heartbeat, abd b) that other contractors were even half as good. I hope the business is doing well, as they deserve to suceed.

More about Metro Skylite

All skylight related work. 20 years in the business with customer satisfaction and quality work delivered in a clean and safe manner. WSIB coverage, liability insurance , city operating license and hundreds of references. We are not the cheapest , just the very best.