G J Mac Rae Foundation Repair

Best of 2020 winner 3 timesBest of 2020winner 3 times

Reviews for G J Mac Rae Foundation Repair

SCB in Etobicoke
SCB in Etobicoke

Waterproofing and weeping tile repair

We would highly recommend G. J. MacRae and the exceptional team led by Dean and Magnus. Very professional, efficient, timely, and refreshingly honest! We had a flood in our basement, after having had waterproofing done 10 years ago ny a different company. Dean identified that we had 2 cracks in the foundation that were in the area of the current waterproofing. We wanted advice and honesty on how to best correct the problems. Dean provided a quote and the team started 2 days later. Within 1 1/2 days 27' of waterproofing was completed in the most professional manner. We learned a lot from Dean and Magnus on what had been done incorrectly the first time. We highly recommend this company if you want peace of mind and exceptional trades work! Totally reliable, honest and knowledgable.

Good Afternoon SCB:
Thank you for your detailed testimonial. Dean and Magnus are very knowledgeable about basement waterproofing/foundation repair. By sharing your experience here on Homestars you will afford other homeowners the peace of mind achieved by a job well done for them too.

905 824 2557

Paul in Oakville
Paul in Oakville

Foundation and Weeping Tile Repair

Our home was built in 1949. After heavy rains in October and November water started to leak into the basement. Mac Rae's staff identified the problem right away and once we approved the quote they came out the same week. Mac Rae's crew were polite and took care to minimize disruption when some work had to be done inside the house. Approximately 35 feet of foundation had to be exposed down to the weeping tile which was plugged full of sand. The work was completed in two days during the week of January 27, 2020 and came in as quoted. I highly recommend this company

Good Afternoon Paul:
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on Homestars. It's important other homeowners take advantage of our services to ensure they too get the outcome they expect.

Joshua in Mississauga
Joshua in Mississauga

Stand behind their work

GJ is a professional team and stand by they're work 100%. The initial repair wasn't 100% effective, they came back and made it right.

The work crews took care on my property like it was their own.

Good Afternoon Joshua:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us here online. I apologize for the delay in responding to you; we were on holidays.

Granbe in Oakville
Granbe in Oakville

Basement parging, exterior waterproofing and sump pump installation

The whole process from contacting MacRae to completion went quickly and efficiently, thanks to Dean and the crews of Mehmed and Magnus. The men worked hard and the quality of their work was excellent, as was the tidy up. I would not hesitate to recommend G J MacRae.

Good Afternoon Granbe:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with GJ MacRae here on Homestars. By doing so, you are helping other homeowners who need basement waterproofing and or foundation repair, choose the right contractor for their job.

Ian in Mississauga
Ian in Mississauga

waterproofing

Excellent service. Timely and friendly. Worked steadily without pauses.
The previous contractor abandoned the job leaving us stuck with a trench around our house. My contact was Dean. He made sure the job went was started quickly and was followed up to make sure it met our satisfaction. The crew also was able to clean up and my neighbours’ property and ours appeared in the original state.
Really happy with the work

Good Afternoon Ian:
Yes, I remember speaking to you. I was very disturbed by your story with your previous contractor. Having said that, we, GJ MacRae, wanted to help by "Making it Right" for you. I spoke to Gavin and Dean, we agreed helping was the right thing to do. You can rest easy now Ian.

DanA in Toronto
DanA in Toronto

Basement Flooding Fixed

I purchased a semi-detached home in the Junction area. When it rained really hard, and during the spring thaw, I would often come home to an inch of water in my basement. I contacted Gavin asking for a quick fix, but he told me straight up that the fix was not simple and explained in detail why. He made me feel comfortable the he could take care of the entire job without me having to worry. He said it would take about 2 weeks, and he was finished in 1 week. Left the basement and property clean and tidy. We've had several extreme rainfalls since the fix, and it has remained bone dry.

Good Afternoon Dana:
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad you took Gavin's advice and followed his plan of repair / waterproofing for your property. These things are always best done right the first time! Basement Waterproofing can be a tricky business for homeowners who don't know where to start or what company to call. By posting your experience with GJ MacRae, here on Homestars, you have helped to direct other homeowners.

Jeff in Oakville
Jeff in Oakville
0 reviews , ON

Waterproofing

We were very happy with the professionalism and great customer service. We had several questions when the crack appeared in the foundation wall but Dean was great in coming out quickly and talking us through what needed to be done. The estimate was detailed and very well explained. The workmanship was top quality, done in a very timely manner. We ended up needing less work done than estimated and Dean was very transparent about that as well. Happy to recommend GJ MacRae to others.

Good Afternoon Jeff:
Thank you for taking the time to help other homeowners find the right company to repair their leaking basement. Your review of GJ MacRae, here on Homestars will do just that! It's important people choose the right company for their job too and yes, Dean is very thorough.

smcfadyen_1
smcfadyen_1

Waterproof/Warranty follow up

Gavin dealt with waterproofing on my hundred-year-old plus house a few years ago. I was impressed with the company overall they’ve been around for a long time. The work was completed within the timeline Gavin had given me in a professional manner. Sometimes the true test of a company is when you have to call them back and there’s a warranty issue. I recently had to do that Gavin Responded quickly and the problem was resolved within one week. I can’t say enough positive about this experience, Gavin in particular and the people who did the work were helpful and patient and left the jobsite impeccable. I jokingly call Gavin the water whisper!

Good Afternoon smcfadyen_1:
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts here on Homestars with others. It's true, 100 + old foundations can be tricky and it's very important homeowners hire a foundation repair company that has knowledge and experience with these turn of the century stone, block foundations. We encourage homeowners take advantage of our longevity and put GJ MacRae to work for you.

905 824 2557
Mississauga, ON

Elias from North York
Elias from North York
7 reviews Hamilton, ON

Parging

They did parging and other minor masonry work at a rental property I own. The job was well done and exceeded my expectations as far as quality of labour and material used. Worker was also friendly and respectful working around tenants.

Elias:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Homestars; others will benefit from your input.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

waterproofing two outside walls

The crew that came to dig down about 7 feet on two walls of our home and waterproof the walls was very professional and hard-working. Before they started Milan had to pull up most of our deck and replaced it so well that it looks like it was never taken up. All the men who worked at our home were excellent and a large job was completed much more quickly than we expected.

Homestars in Toronto. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Other homeowners', really need assistance navigating the marketplace. You have helped to direct others' to the right foundation repair specialist, by suggesting they call us; GJ MacRae at www.wetbasements.com. Longevity, in the foundation repair/waterproofing business is key!

905 824 2557 Mississauga, ON
Since 1975 - The original full service foundation repair people.

More about G J Mac Rae Foundation Repair

GJ MacRae Foundation Repair is the original crack repair, weeping tile system, waterproofing and underpinning specialist in the GTA. Fully licensed and bonded with over half a century of combined experience. Home of the original transferable warranty, the most reliable and honored warranty in the business. Family owned and operated since 1975.