Mclaughlin Flooring Installation Inc.

Floor Laying & Refinishing
Toronto ON
Floor Laying & Refinishing
Mclaughlin Flooring Installation Inc.

Best of 2020 winner 2 timesBest of 2020winner 2 times

Reviews for Mclaughlin Flooring Installation Inc.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

Engineered Hardwood

We recently hired Rick and his crew to install new engineered hardwood throughout our 100+ year old home. From day one Rick was very straight forward with his quote and his advice. The floors were uneven and out of level and Rick made it very clear that although he does have a lot of experience working in older homes he could get it to be good, but not perfect. His quote was very detailed and scheduling the job was easy.

Halfway through tearing up the old hardwood Rick calls me and tells me there's an issue - turns out the old subfloor on the main floor, which was probably original, was in terrible shape and would need a complete replacement. Rick recommended we call in a carpenter to do this work and also make sure all the joists were in good shape. Luckily we found a great carpenter who was able to start the day after Rick's team finished the upstairs. Rick worked with us to schedule the rest of the job immediately after the carpenter finished, which meant that we were still able to move in on time. Rick also came by to coordinate with the carpenter to make sure the hardwood would line up right with the kitchen tile, coordinate the vent size and heights, etc.

If we had chosen to go with someone less experienced or flexible we could have been in real trouble, but Rick worked with us to get it done and did a terrific job. As others have said the work space was cleaned thoroughly (they even shop-vacced the heck out of the old subfloor to be removed) and they took care not to damage any walls etc. Great work all around.

Hi guys, thanks so much for the kind words, I'm very happy for you the way everything turned out, what an amazing transformation...enjoy your new home !!...Sincerely Rick

leonardomax in Mississauga
leonardomax in Mississauga

Entire 1st Floor, New Flooring.

Overall a great experience having Rick and his team at our home. My home is 50 years old and there were many renovations done in the past. The team had to rip up the carpet and the parquet flooring under it. There were a number of surprises under the flooring, like uneven surfaces, a old stair renovation, old ducting. The team took care of most of the issues. I did have to call a carpenter in to take care of the old stair, and rebuild the subfloor. The team had to move my furniture around while rippining up the floors and putting down the new one. They had to level out the sub floor in some areas, especially around our fireplace. They worked dilligently and cleaned up everyday. A clean workspace is a safe worskpace. I had new baseboards installed in 2 of the rooms, which added to my cost. The new floors are level, and looks beautiful. I would hire them again to do the 2nd floor. Thanks MF!

thanks so much Vijay...it was a pleasure working on your project ...being able to level your sub floors and seeing the final result even after all these years still gets me excited ...Enjoy your new floors , your main level looks amazing ... sincerely Rick

Sam
Sam

Fantastic Job!

Right from the estimates to the completion of the work, Rick and his team did a fantastic job. We got laminate installed our upper floor. Rick and his team removed the carpet and installed the new flooring. Since our stairs were of different color, Rick first made a nosing that matches the stair colour before installing the laminates. The job was done in promised time and no cost overruns. We are getting them back next year for the lower floor. I would highly recommend their services for anyone looking for flooring work.

Thanks for the grey review Sam !! Glad your happy with your new floors !!

KATHY in Orangeville
KATHY in Orangeville
1 review Orangeville, ON

Flooring completed in 2 bedrooms

Jordan did a great job on the floors! I am really impressed with the fast and professional results!

Only one comment - I was left with a huge bag of garbage that I discovered days later. I'm sure this was an oversight but worth mentioning.

Overall I would say I would hire them back for any future flooring installations!

Thanks so much for the review Kathy and sorry about the bag . That never happens !!

Karen in Toronto
Karen in Toronto

Hardwood Floor Installation

Rick and his team are the company to call! I have used McLaughlin Flooring in the past at my previous home and didn't even consider using another company. We had new white oak engineered hardwood flooring installed throughout our entire main floor. Looks fantastic! JORDAN! You're the best!! Thanks guys. We love our new hardwood flooring!

Karen and Bruno

It was a pleasure working in your home Karen ,the lunches the coffees . I'm glad your happy !! Thanks again for the hospitality Enjoy !!
Jordan

LizD in Mississauga
LizD in Mississauga

Basement Stairs and Flooring

Rick and his crew completed my job today and I was so happy with the work they did, I wanted to write this review immediately! From the beginning, Rick was very professional with taking measurements and giving me a detailed quote. During the install the team was prompt, cleaned up after themselves, and were very polite. During these COVID times, they also made sure to wear a mask when dealing with me. You can tell that they take great pride in their work and are very meticulous. Rick even fixed a flooring issue from a previous installer at the top of the basement stairs and took it from looking ugly to awesome. Thank you Rick for a job well done - and your crew as well!

Hi Lisle...it was a pleasure working with you ...hope the kids enjoy there new play area ...thanks again for the kind words ...Rick

Mark in North York
Mark in North York

Main Floor Restoration

This is the second time we have used Rick and his team. Very professional, outstanding workmanship as always. If you ever need your floors done, this is the company to hire.

Thanks Mark appreciate the business...Enjoy !!!...Rick

Gary in Toronto
Gary in Toronto

Hardwood Flooring Older Residential Home

Rick completed a challenging installation of hardwood flooring in an older home for us. Not only were we delighted with the exacting standards and fastidiousness demonstrated by Rick and his team but we were very happy with his outstanding communication whenever difficulties were encountered, the timely completion of the job and the professional guidance he furnished throughout the exercise.

Hi Gary and Natalie, appreciate the great review ...the flooring that you choose was amazing to work with ...Great product...thanks again for the business...Rick

Richard In Thornhill
Richard In Thornhill

Bedroom Hardwood Installation

Rick was fast to respond. Came for a site visit and had me booked in right away without any wait time. The installer was amazing, did a great job and was very friendly. Was on time, cleaned up daily any mess, like he was never there. Can't find any issue with any of the flooring his guy installed. Would not hesitate to call next time I have more flooring to install or hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Thanks Richard , appreciate your business...Hope your wife enjoyed the flowers :)...sincerely Rick

Bianca in Mississauga
Bianca in Mississauga

Condo flooring

Rick and his team were so professional and it was a pleasure doing business with them. They had the job done in a day and a half and they did a beautiful job. Exactly what I had envisioned. Their price was highly economical and not only are you getting good value but your getting a great team. I will recommend them to anyone wanting to renovate their floors. What can I say, choose them! You will be happy you did.

Hi Bianca, thanks so much for the kind words...It was a pleasure working with you ...Enjoy your new floors ...Rick

More about Mclaughlin Flooring Installation Inc.

Mclaughlin Flooring Installation Inc provides installation of hardwood, laminate and engineered flooring as well as a complete service from moving furniture, removing existing floors, screwing, baseboards....and staircases.
I personally deal one on one with the home owner...Lets do it right!! I prefer a phone call to email, give me a call and I will be happy to discuss your project.