Mason Place

Reviews for Mason Place

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Avoid using this company

Very poor customer service,installer is lacking knowledge . I had him back 5 times to resolve his install issue . I would avoid this company ... It would be nice if they we’re accountable for there mistakes.

2 reviews Barrie, ON

Fireplace purchase and install

Stay away. Customer service is terrible. The finally bill is not their qoute. They don't do anything solve problems they create. Just find someone else to get the job done.

2 reviews Barrie, ON

Fireplace purchase and install

This company is terrible. The owner came to house gave qoutes. They cancelled install after learning the job was bigger and fireplace he sold us wouldn't fit. Making no effort to reschedule or come up with solutions. They gave two written qoutes and than came over my almost 2000 dollars. They gouge customers and do nothing to fix solutions. Stay away from this company find somewhere else..

Jim in Georgina
Jim in Georgina
1 review Beaverton, ON

Mason Place (wet certife)

Paid for a wet certifie, and got a run around. First was told pictures were ok, then Rick had to come to my cottage three times. I then called another company I sent them the same pictures and they sent me my the paperwork and passed my install right away. I would never recommend mason place unless u want the run around and your money taken

archietwo@yahoo.ca in Toronto
A. O.
1 review Orillia, ON

The Pearl - Wood Burning Fireplace (RSF)

My husband and I were introduced to Mason Place Fireplaces thru Guildcrest Holmes just outside of Orillia. We did 90% of our dealings over the phone. The customer service we received is the BEST we have had. Evey employee there was extremely happy, knowledgeable and friendly. I was educated in a fireplace that I thought I already knew.. But really didn't. EVERYTHING from beginning to end, including installation was FLAWLESS. If you are in need of a wood burning, gas, or electric fireplace not to mention BBQ's and outdoor fire pits... This is your place. Well worth my 1 and 1/2 hour drive to meet them. They are located in Keswick Ontario...please give them a call or stop by... I will be back for more as soon as we finish up our new house.

Private User reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

wood stove and chimney

I just wanted to let whoever reads this know how pleased I am with Mason Place. This is my third major purchase from Mason Place, the other two were Vermont Castings fireplace inserts. These were purchased about 20 years ago. Everything about the purchase and install of these two inserts was excellent in every respect. Butch guided us then with the purchase decision and we are delighted even now with all aspects of these products. I recently returned to purchase a large wood stove. Once again, Butch was extremely helpful leading me to choose a Blaze King Princess free standing catalytic stove. This was installed last week by Len. Len did an impeccable job with the install - he had to first remove a pellet stove with a through the wall vent and replace it with a 35 ft chimney lining. I was most impressed with Len's professionalism and craftsmanship. I was also most impressed by how he protected my house and hearth as he moved this very large heavy stove into position, and cleaned up all packing materials etc. at the end of the job. I have now used the stove for several days and am truly delighted with its performance. I don't normally take the time to provide comments such as this but given how excellent the whole experience was, I thought I should share it with others who may find it helpful.
Thanks again to Butch and Len.
Bill

C. Binder from Newmarket
C. Binder from Newmarket
6 reviews Newmarket, ON

Fireplace install and repair

I had a great experience with the Mason Place. I knew the gas fireplace model I wanted and went into the store and was lucky enough to deal with Butch. His team installed the fireplace and found some issues with the old fireplace that they repaired before installing the new fireplace. Approximately 18 months later there was a problem with the fireplace. I called the Mason Place and Butch came by to assess the issue, ordered the parts and Rick came by to fix the fireplace. However, there was still an issue with the starter. It's still not fixed but I am happy with the follow up and service.

Helen Arsenault in Aurora
Helen Arsenault in Aurora
3 reviews Aurora, ON

fireplace

Extremely poor follow-up service. Have had fireplace for over 2 yrs. They initially took wrong measurements for frame, then glass shattered, then would come to adjust one thing & then something else would go wrong or would not come at all or not fix what needed fixing. Would not recommend.

Lisa
Lisa
10 reviews East York, ON

Rumford 1000 Fireplace

Mason Place is a company that works hard to satisfy their customers. They were awarded the contract to install a Rumford 1000 fireplace in a renovation project. They are organized and punctual, bringing all equipment to the site needed for any number of issues that may arise during installation. When on site conditions present problems with installation they are addressed, reviewed and solved quickly. They are courteous and polite and always leave the job site clean and tidy.

Barb in Georgina
Barb in Georgina
2 reviews Seagrave, ON

Pacific Energy Wood Stove

First, the price quoted on my first visit was about $300 less than the actual price.
I took a day off work for the delivery only to discover that the door was hinged on the wrong side.
I took another day off for the next delivery. The Installer was a really good guy, BUT, once the old stove was dissassembled and the new one was in the house, I realized that it was not the stove I ordered. It was a smaller size. I was told that it should be large enough to heat my house, so I said I'd try it. I really had no choice because my old stove was no longer useable.
I used the small stove for a few weeks and was never warm I had to use my (expensive) electric baseboards. I called Mason Place and told them they had to replace the stove with the correct model. They said it would take about 2 months to get the right unit. I said I'd wait, but would not pay until the new one came in.
the new stove finally arrived near the end of winter. they sent me a bill and I paid the amount indicated. Then, they sent me another bill saying that the first invoice was for the smaller stove, a $500 difference. I said I'd split the difference with them, and didn't hear anything again until the summer. The owner phoned me and whined about the shortfall. Again, I said I'd split the difference to cover the extra $$ I had to pay in electricity and for inconvenience. He agreed, finally, and I gave him my credit card number. On my next Mastercard bill, the full amount was charged!!
I'm NEVER using Mason Place again!

More about Mason Place

Gas, pellet or wood stove, fireplace or , electric stove or fireplace.
Looking for Fireplaces pros in Georgina?