Mirrors & Glass

Reviews for Marlin Mirror

CJ in North york
CJ in North york
2 reviews North York, ON

Frameless shower door and glass shelves

Tom provided good info about what to use (thickness of glass, location of hinges, etc). Provided a brief sketch of what it will look like. Showed up on time with a helper and got it put in. Initial measuring was done well and subsequently, the install was straight forward and everything was square. I can tell he has done this for a long time.
I recommended Marlin to my friend, and his install was fine, except he got grief from the lady at the office when his glass wasn't ready in time. 9 from me.

wayne in Scarborough
wayne in Scarborough
4 reviews Scarborough, ON

sliding doors for front entrance

905-475-2400
2600 John St, Suite 110
Markham
L3R 4H9

I was very pleased with their work.Their product was superior to any others I had looked at in numerous stores etc. and the installation was very well done.I'm planning on having them replace bedroom closet doors as well.

bill swire in Stouffville
bill swire in Stouffville
3 reviews STOUFFVILLE, ON

glass shower enclosure

905-475-2400
2600 John St, Suite 110
Markham
L3R 4H9

a great company to deal with. sales person was totally professional. doors when in on time. Makes the shower look amazing. i get compliments abour our bathroom now that the doors have been installed.

Laura in East York
Laura in East York
4 reviews East York, ON

Custom shower enclosure

We engaged Marlin Mirror to manufacture and install a custom shower enclosure for our main bathroom. When the person came out to measure and provide a quote, we felt really optimistic that this guy knew what he was doing. The price was right so we selected this company. At the time of the quote, he told us it would be about 7-10 days before the product was ready for installation. After 2 1/2 weeks and hearing nothing, we called. They told us that the first piece of glass had broken, and they had to reorder supplies to make another. First of all, this wasn't specialty glass, just a specialty size, so that story didn't hold water. Second, other Home Stars reviews said they were also told there were delays for broken glass. If this company is breaking glass so often, they would have a hard time staying in business. It took almost six weeks before they finally came to install the product. The person answering the phone was not polite or apologetic - everyone else in the company seemed ok to deal with apart from the delays. If we had been told six weeks up front, this would not have been such a big deal. But overpromising and underdelivering, with rude people in the middle, that knocked this review down. All that said, the price was good and didn't change, and the end product looked great - our instincts about them knowing what they were doing was correct.

Agent in Toronto
Agent in Toronto

Mirrored Sliding Doors

I don't normally write reviews but I felt compelled to after my dealings with Marlin Mirror.
I called them to ask them some questions about cost and delivery time and the first conversation went well. So I was very surprised that when I called back the second time to continue with the order I was given a much different attitude. First I was given different information but then when I questioned it I was talked down to. This type of attitude continued all the way through the entire transaction (I know, that's when I should have known).
The worst of it all was on the day my mirrors were scheduled to be installed I had booked time off of work to be there and they never showed up. In fact I called them to ask if they were on their way and the response was "if I dont call you back then he is on his way'. Well, they never called me back.....and he never showed up. So, I called them back again and asked what was the problem and now I got even more attitude and that I would have to wait for almost another week before I could get them installed!
Yes, the doors were put in (after much confusion and delay) and I understand that sometimes delays and mistakes happen...but dealing with them was just not worth it.
I get the impression that they dont appreciate their customers or know customer appreciation. I would not recommend them to anyone in the future.

Martha in Leaside
Martha in Leaside
3 reviews ,

Installation of Glass Shower

We hired Marlin to install a frameless glass shower. Things started well. They showed up on time. However, when it was installed, the glass door was not cut straight. After arguing with the salesperson about the problem, they agreed to fix it at their cost. They sent another guy out to measure. 3 weeks later another door arrives. This one was also cut wrong and didn't fit. They took it back and said they would send out another one. I never heard from them again. By this point, I was so frustrated, that I couldn't even be bothered to call them again. I would recommend avoiding this company.

Peter from Don Mills
Peter from Don Mills

Sliding Mirror Closet Doors

Purchased: a total of 5 sliding glass doors for two different closets (2 panels on one, 3 on another). After about 8 weeks, one of the panels developed a crack starting from the TOP edge (about 7 feet off the ground). Within two days this crack propagated from the top edge, down, and over to the right edge, near the top. Repeated calls to Marlin Mirror ended only in them saying, in parrot like fashion, "breakage is not covered under warranty" and "YOU must have done something to break it" (*** Hint: I can barely reach up to the height where this crack is my wife is shorter than me and simply can not reach that high if she tried, there is NO WAY we could have done this) and "Maybe your kids or your pets did it" (*** Hint: we have neither pets nor children***). I explained that this was a defect, either of materials, or workmanship of installation (they did NOT INSTALL Vinyl or Rubber bumpers on the edge of the panels!), which did not manifest until 8 weeks after installation. I never got a call back from "Tom" not even a return phone call! I wanted him or his assignee to inspect the mode of failure, and if, as a result of that on-site inspection, he still felt it was not covered under warranty, to tell me exactly *why* and what he could do for me. Instead I was treated poorly by the staff, did not get the courtesy of a return call (from the mysterious "Tom"), let alone an inspection visit. It will cost me about $250 to replace this mirror panel. Avoid Marlin Mirror!

Postscript:
Continuing with my previous review for Marlin Mirror, and their zero warranty and poor customer service: why does Marlin's ad in Toronto Yellow Pages say "Since 1975" but according to the Industry Canada web site (look up the Industry Canada Strategis web site) they were established in 1979. Which is it? 1975? or 1979?

Dale from Thornhill
Dale from Thornhill

Glass shower enclosure

I am extremely happy with my new custom glass shower door. I have received several compliments on how lovely it looks. The finished product makes my bathroom renovation look top notch. Everyone at Marlin Mirror was extremely helpful & professional. The attention to detail really impressed me.