HomeStars  >  Bathroom Renovation in Oakville  >  Majesty Renovations 'The Bathroom & Kitchen Specialists'

Reviews for Majesty Renovations 'The Bathroom & Kitchen Specialists'

MS G B in Mississauga
MS G B in Mississauga

Bathroom Reno Job Well Done!

This company came highly recommended to me by friends. They did not disappoint and in fact exceeded my expectations! Their attention to detail and quality workmanship shows in my new renovated bathroom which I really love! Great advice and good sourcing for suppliers was very helpful to me. The reno was finished on time and with no unexpected costs. I'm very happy with the end results and would definitely recommend Majesty Renovations!

Susan
Susan
1 review Burlington, ON

Beautiful Main Bathroom Renovation

I hired Majesty Renovations to completely renovate my main bathroom. I spoke with several contractors and Greg’s quote was quite reasonable. I really love how Greg took the time to suggest various options that I could add to my existing bathroom. I was able to select upgrades based on what I would like and my budget. Other contractors just showed up and gave quotes without suggesting features that would be nice to build into the bathroom. Greg spent the time to understand the particular concerns I had on the state of my bathroom (for example, the ceiling and the position of the light fixture). Also, he was able to do the renovation exactly when I wanted. He is an ARTIST when it comes to tile work. I choose a marble-look porcelain tile and he arranged the dramatic gold veining just as I wished. He built a beautiful custom shower niche. The tiling in the tub/shower is absolutely stunning. Greg was very helpful when it came to advising about plumbing parts. He patiently answered all the plumbing questions I had when I became very confused after speaking to a sales person in a store about shower kits. (The sales person was way off base about what I needed.) My bathroom is so beautiful and the quality of workmanship is so outstanding that I am hoping to have Majesty renovate my kitchen and first floor powder room as soon as I have my design and materials selected.

Douglas Robertson in Toronto
Douglas Robertson in Toronto
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Bathroom Upgrade

Majesty Renovations exceeded expectations rebuilding our 2 piece bathroom into a grand 3 piece room. The work was done on time, cost was fair and all garbage removed. Were so pleased with the work were having them redo our other bathroom upstairs.

Lori Boland in Stittsville
Lori Boland in Stittsville

Main Bathroom Renovation

Majesty Renovations, The Bathroom & Kitchen Specialists have totally restored my faith in the CONSTRUCTION Industry.

They are:

M - Means Tiling, Plumbing, Drywall
A - Affordable
J - Job Well Done Within Deadlines
E - Excellent & Clean Workmanship
S - Superior Customer Service
T - Trustworthy & Totally Professional
Y - Yes

I give this company a 10 out of 10. I have no problem recommending this company for all your bathroom renovation needs.

Lori Boland
Clarkson

F from Oakville
F from Oakville

Kitchen Renovation

Greg and Majesty renovations renovated my kitchen this year and I couldn't be happier with the result. The work is clean, detailed and very high quality. My kitchen is not large had a limited layout based on the design of the house but everything came out great! I am especially a fan of the floor and back-splash work in the kitchen, it looks fanastic and is installed solid. I have no doubt this kitchen will take all the wear and tear I could throw at it for years to come. Greg gave me everything wanted and was not satisfied until I was. I was very lucky to have gotten his name from a friend because this project would have been very different with someone else. The cost of work was fair and reasonable. If I have more work I need done I will definitely call him first. I have a few of his cards in the kitchen because every time someone sees it for the first time they ask who did it. I highly recommend giving him a call to look at yours.

kathleen987 in Mississauga
kathleen987 in Mississauga

Custom Bathroom

Greg and Dan did a great job of completing the bathroom of our dreams. They took my design and with their amazing craftsmanship executed to perfection. Beyond the excellent tiling by Greg they blew out the wall in the bedroom to make the bathroom bigger and walking into the house you would never know otherwise. They also added all of the little finishing touches like replacing light switches and making sure the lighting was just right. My only caution is to be patient and ensure you have time to wait for the bathroom you have always wanted.

Grant in Oakville
Grant in Oakville

2 Washrooms & Powder Room Renovations

I will start this commentary by saying that I was pleased to have experience in renovations, to ensure the somewhat satisfactory end result of 3 washroom renovations. I drew up a detailed scope of work that formed part of the contract, to minimize changes that can cause delays and costs over-runs.

During the project, when I raised my concerns about quality, I was told that it was acceptable. On a few occasions I checked my opinion with others in the industry, who concurred with my position, yet it was always a tough “war of words” to get Majesty to acknowledge that the work was sub-standard, and to remedy same. My wife, who is far less “construction savvy”, began excited and in good spirits, but evolved to being very stressed and reluctant to talk to Majesty on site when I was not available, due to their approach. I found the need to be very insistent and firm with Greg/Majesty, to resolve differences of opinion on the work through the project. This made for an emotionally-tenuous environment in our home each day.

A few examples:
The mosaic tile in the shower was poorly installed – it had slid down the wall and buckled out from the wall from compression, yet I was told that it was not possible to install them any better. When I insisted, Majesty told me they could try, but I would have to pay for them to correct their mistake. I tentatively arranged for another contractor to do the work (who told me he had evidence of doing such work correctly), referred Greg to the person, and only then did he agree to rectify at his cost. They rectified satisfactorily.

Walls were painted before first ensuring the surface was smooth. The uneven areas were then sanded and patch-painted. The result was noticeable paint texture differences where the patches were painted. These were then rectified.

A mirror and a light fixture above a vanity sink were positioned off-centre. I was told that I’d advised them where to install the light and mirror before the sink was installed. I did not, because I knew that the location of the sink could vary (being told so by the independent vanity installer).

Majesty kept coming back with a list of “extra costs”, some of which I agreed with and paid for them, and others I did not agree with. At one point I was reminded by Majesty how, at the outset of the project, they reduced their price for the overall contract. In turn, I reminded Majesty that I had other contractors lined up before selecting them, and they did not have to accept my request for a lower price, but they did. Majesty denied trying to make up the discount through extras.

Workers on site: This ranged from between one up to three over the duration, and may have contributed to the 4-5 week contract becoming a 7 week contract. Consider this upheaval in one’s lifestyle, especially washrooms. In my opinion, the scope of the work did not change materially to cause this amount of time over-run.

The original agreement was that the 2nd washroom and powder room would be COMPLETE before the MES washroom was started, so that we had a washroom to use. When Majesty said “we are a couple of days away from completing your 2nd washroom and powder room, and would like to begin work in the MES” we relented. However, two weeks later, we still did not have a functionally complete 2nd washroom and powder room.

I have another tiler coming in in a couple of weeks, to remedy two areas where tiles are not laid flush.

These were my observations only, and are obviously not a reflection on what anyone else has, or may experience with Majesty Renovations.

To all readers, please note, our success rate with satisfied customers has been consistently rated very high as per our other reviews and hundreds of happy customers.

Grant led me to believe that he was experienced and knowledgeable about renovations because of his past experiences. He presented a contract (which we used) with supposedly all the details included in it. Grant failed to include important (labor intensive) details, such as 3 - multi-piece custom vanities which required assembly and custom cutting/fitting before installation. Also a custom wall hung vanity to support a large stone top and vessel basin, which required, custom cutting, designing and engineering in order to be structurally sound. We only became aware of these extra details, just prior to installation. I told Grant this is custom work and there would be extra costs, he stated immediately, “If you bill me for any extra costs, you will have a hard time receiving payment from me over perceived quality.” Grant insisted these were standard vanity install jobs and should have no additional costs.

These threats continued throughout the job as custom upgrades were expected to be performed for free. It became very evident that Grant’s contract was not a true representation of the work to be performed, as well as design plans which kept changing as the job progressed.

This project took much longer than scheduled due to; custom work not outlined in contract; consistent design changes; consistent material not on site when needed; all these delays were very costly and absorbed by Majesty. We at Majesty go to great lengths to satisfy our customers. I can honestly say we tried everything we possibly could to make Grant happy, continuously addressing each and every concern.

Grant was true to his threats as previously stated. Large payments were withheld unreasonably. In order to finally resolve this issue, Majesty had to negotiate and finally capitulate with regards to all extra custom work. Grant, it is unfortunate that we could not make you happy.

I am very thankful, for all the great customers we have had the pleasure to serve for the past 25 years. Our customers speak volumes by referring friends and family, knowing that we will make them happy.

croziersue in Mississauga, Ontario CANADA
croziersue in Mississauga, Ontario CANADA

Bathroom Renovation

We hired Greg and his team to redo our main bathroom as it was more than 30 years old and showing its wear and tear. Greg was always professional and so was his team. Any issues that arose were dealt with right away and Greg came in and finished the work when one of his workers couldn't.

His team were pleasant, courteous and answered any questions that we had and offered suggestions to improve the look and feel of our bathroom. We are very pleased with how it turned out and enjoy using it every day.

Our family has no issues about having Greg and his team back, and in the event that we need to do another bath or kitchen renovation they will be the ones we call.

Brian & Sue

David Tye from Mississauga
David Tye from Mississauga

Bathroom renovations

Greg and his crew renovated two bathrooms for me at the same time. From the start, Greg was very helpful making suggestions on how to complete the job professionally and how to keep the costs reasonable. His past experience was tremendously helpful. Whenever any issues arose, Greg discussed what could be done with me and provided all the information I needed to decide on the course of action. The end result was fantastic. The two bathrooms look great and I'm very happy with the results. Would not hesitate to use Greg and Majesty Renovations again.

Renee in Oakville
Renee in Oakville

Bathroom renovation

I received a few quotes for my small en-suite bathoom renovation project and selected Greg even though his quote was not the cheapest. Greg listened attentively to my ideas and offered realistic solutions. He named a few local tile and bathroom equipment stores, gave me a list of items to buy and explained what to look for. My washroom is quite small and Greg recommended that I go for a bigger shower and smaller vanity, which I have to admit was right.
Greg proved to be a reliable, professional and kind individual. He kept his time commitments and treated my renovation project as his own. Working with Greg and his team was easy and I felt taken care of at each step of the project. They kept my house clean, offered suggestions and explanations and went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied.

More about Majesty Renovations 'The Bathroom & Kitchen Specialists'

Kitchen and Bathroom renovations, professionally serving the GTA since 1988. Full Service interior renovation Company specializing in Bathroom & Kitchen Renovations.

Greg Rudland, Owner/Operator will personally oversee your project from design to completion, to ensure it is completed on time, on budget and to the Highest Standard.

Throughout the project, Greg will work closely with you, helping/advising on the best products out there for the best price. Communicating regularly with you throughout the project to ensure that you are kept informed about the progress and any unusual findings. Being small, allows us the flexibility to adjust to any changes you may want to make throughout the project.

Our Customers appreciate our Highly Skilled labour team, Serving You and looking out for Your Best Interest. We are Reliable & Reputable as well as fully insured! We work on your job till its done and coordinate with other trades to ensure the project is completed in a smooth and timely manner.

Our Customers like working with us because
"We Are Your Local Renovations Company."
We offer you High Quality Workmanship at Reasonable Prices.

Majesty Mission Statement:
"To Exceed Our Customers Expectations."

OUR SERVICES:
Bathroom Renovations, Kitchen Renovations, Basement Renovations, tiling, custom tile work, plumbing/electrical, shower design, prep for sale, custom flooring (tiling, hardwood floor installation, granite, marble), kitchen upgrades, bench seat, laundry rooms, crown molding, pot lights, ceiling features, outdoor decks, outdoor kitchens.