Ludwig Paving Co

Reviews for Ludwig Paving Co

Josef in Unionville
Josef in Unionville

Driveway Paving

They promised to contact us next spring and they did. The job was done and we were happy with it. When a hairline crack did appear only a month later, we contacted the foreman, Bill. The general workmanship was good; however, sometimes stuff happens. As promised, Bill did follow up, came by to check out the crack, and days later a crew repaired the problem to our satisfaction. Bill the foreman said to contact him should we have any concern, and we trust he'd look after it.

John from Aurora
John from Aurora
4 reviews Aurora, ON

Driveway repaving, adding in sidewalk

We used Ludwig Paving at our last house, so when it came time for driveway replacement at our new place we called Ludwig. They removed the old driveway, removed the old soldiering bricks that lined the driveway, and removed the old sidewalk leading up to the front door. They installed new soldiering bricks and sidewalk with a top-quality brick (expertly installed including cuts) and repaved the driveway. Communication was great, they arrived on time, worked hard, when they left the job site was very clean. Highly recommend.

JF in Toronto
JF in Toronto

Great service, great results

Ludwig paving paved my driveway and interlocking stone pathway last year. William was awesome to deal with. They removed existing pavement and concrete pathway slabs in June and did the actual paving and interlocking stone in October. The reason for the delay was because I was waiting for the curb cut out for the new driveway to take place by the city of Toronto. Ludwig paving was first class in working with my timelines and was very patient with the schedule we both faced. The quality of their work was great too. Pricing was affordable as well. All in all, it was a great experience and I would recommend Ludwig pavement to anyone looking for this type of work, you will not be disappointed.

Thank you William and the Ludwig team!

JF

Maarten in Toronto
Maarten in Toronto

Inexpensive and excellent

After posting the job on Homestars, we were contacted by two vendors who provided quotes. Although the competitor was more expensive, we initially chose them because their reviews seemed much better.
However, after weeks of stalling, avoiding calls and emails which culminated in some very rude emails from the vendor, we cancelled with them and called William at Ludwig back.
The job was started days later, and completed the following week as promised. On both visits the team was friendly and very hard working - quick and efficient while still paying lots of attention to the little details. Very satisfied, would happily recommend Ludwig Paving and use them next time.

Shauna in Ottawa
Shauna in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Driveway repaving

Mine was an old double driveway that had been patched several times before I purchased my home. After waterproofing the house foundation, the driveway had to be redone. William, my estimator, was the only one from nearly a dozen companies I contacted, who offered to come promptly to measure the job and who left me with a written estimate the same day. The quote was very competitive--others' were based on photos or my own estimate of square footage, and most were significantly higher. Although we ran into unexpected water problems when the old surface was lifted, the original price was honoured.
The crew were cordial and efficient, and William was present throughout the work. I especially appreciated his responsiveness whenever I had concerns, even during a busy season--communication is everything! I recommend this company without reservation.

mdross from Toronto
mdross from Toronto

Excellent Service

Ludwig did a small sinkhole fix and resurfacing for me. Excellent service from estimate to completion. Job was done quickly, on time and the estimator and crew were easy to work with. Highly recommended.

Robert in Toronto
Robert in Toronto

Driveway Paving

Excellent consultative advice. Company take the time to thoroughly understand what the client wants and to develop an action plan. A lot of attention to detail and they are solution focused. Eager to please and good customer service.

Sandra
Sandra

Destroyed my house and water drains toward foundation

This company destroyed my house. Look at the photos. They buried my nice stone planter. They buried my step. My water hose is 6 inches from the ground. The driveway was level with the backyard at the time, but my 90 year old mother has NEVER been able to get into the backyard because they made a huge step up and she can't get in. The worst part is they actually aimed the water flow toward the house so my basement might flood. See the photos near the air conditioner. They told me to stop calling them when I complained. I didn't post a review at the time because I felt threatened. Beware of these people. NOTE: This was from 2012 but I couldn't post it until I had moved for fear of what they may do.

Eilis Lacey in Etobicoke
Eilis Lacey in Etobicoke

Driveway is first class

We used Ludwig many times through the years. We’ve referred them to friends and family. They do not compromise on quality. They use the best materials. The workers are professional and tidy. The latest driveway this year was done with a spreading machine that levelled the asphalt to perfection. I highly recommend them.

Paving

Excellent customer service. They made sure I was happy with everything before they placed the asphalt. William was always easily accessible for my questions and concerns. I would recommend them.

More about Ludwig Paving Co

Established in 1979, Ludwig Paving has served Toronto and its surrounding area as paving contractors from the same location and phone number for over 30 years. Ludwig started out offering asphalt paving services and has since evolved into an almost full service outdoor hardscape company. Some of the many services it offers include asphalt paving, interlocking brick, precast concrete products, natural stone, landscape lighting, waterfalls, and almost anything in between. President, Joe Caramanna, is an artist, designer and published author. His articles on the paving industry have been featured in many trade publications across North America. He has been featured on Pat Foran's Consumer Alert on CTV News, the HGTV network and Q107 radio. Joe also works as a paving consultant helping owners design cost effective pavement and hardscape solutions that can endure our sometimes harsh Canadian winters.