Ludwig Paving Co-

2 Fairweather Rd Toronto ON M6M 4C7
HomeStars  >  Paving Contractors in York  >  Ludwig Paving Co-

Reviews for Ludwig Paving Co-

Driveway

William provided the quote for our driveway repair and also acted as foreman. I'm glad he did because he's big on customer service. We lined either side of the driveway with pavers. I could tell one side wasn't straight but the workers clearly did not agree and did not want to make the change. They did listen to William, however. We also have trees with lower branches overlapping the driveway, and were happy that extra care was taken to ensure these were not damaged. William also cleaned up a problem with a curb cut that irritated us for years. The whole driveway was regraded and finished beautifully. Plus we were given some good tips. Six months later, we're still very happy.

Saudade Nogueira from Mississauga
Saudade Nogueira from Mississauga

Driveway paving

William is a very warm, friendly person with integrity. He is very experienced and knowledgeable and provided straightforward advice which was very much appreciated. The driveway looks smooth and even and the edges are clean. It looks very professional. The team cleaned up very nicely. The service was provided exactly when promised. I was very happy with Ludwig and would not hestitate to recommend them

Virgil in Brampton
Virgil in Brampton

Driveway paving

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Shortly after the 1 year warranty period, our driveway developed rapidly expanding cracks. Other homes on our street had their driveways redone at the same time by a different company. None of their driveways have cracks. These cracks extended vertically down the driveway and were not in areas where cars were parked (see photos). I contacted William to address the issue. Though no agreement was reached regarding how to fix the problem, he decided to apply sealant to the cracks while the driveway was wet from rain. While doing so, he acknowledged that the sealant would not work properly. The result was predictable: The cracks remain exposed, and are now bordered by an ugly, dark stain (see later photos). I attempted to call the office and received no call back after many voicemails. Finally, after almost a week of calls, my wife and I were able to speak to Lina, who stated that, as the driveway was over 1 year old, and thus barely past the warranty period, that Ludwig Paving was unwilling to address the problem. Lina stated that someone named Joe might call us, but refused to say when, and refused to say who Joe was, as "it doesn't matter who he is". I paid over $2000 for this driveway. Given the poor customer service, and given the sub-par result, I made a serious mistake in choosing Ludwig Paving.

Sean D in Oakville
Sean D in Oakville

Driveway paving

After 17 years with my old paved driveway, it was time for new and unfortunately, the original company could not be found. I selected Ludwig based on reviews on this site after getting 3 quotes. They were second lowest. Everything went fine until just after the 1 year mark, their warranty period, when I noticed a couple of long cracks, not in areas where the car drives. When I called William said that the ground must have shifted ( why after the last paving lasted 17 years?), it was out of warranty, not covered, but he would come out to look at it and put a sealer on the cracks. He never did come, and I am getting more cracks. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

nathan salzman Thornhill in Toronto
nathan salzman Thornhill in Toronto

Driveway asphalt paving

The drive way was finished August 2017 in Thornhill. The surface finish came out a mix of smooth and rough patches of larger stones with gaps between the stones. William came back to see it and told me to seal it. See picture of rough spots. Do I have to finish the job?

Tony from Aurora
Tony from Aurora
3 reviews Aurora, ON

4 Years and Still Very Happy

It's been four years and I am still very happy with my finished product! Minor sinking where tires go in and out of garage on a daily basis, but aside from that, it has held up very well!

Tariq Hussain Aamir  from Oakville
Tariq Hussain Aamir from Oakville

Quote for paving

Very responsive. Came even on a Sunday morning to meet and discuss what needed to be done.
Then gave advice on what to put on the driveway extension instead of stones

Michael Schwindt in Etobicoke
Michael Schwindt in Etobicoke

New driveway

These guys are great! Lot's of communication ... called and then showed up exactly when they said they would ... and delivered more than expected. Charming salesman ...
I am very pleased.
Michael

Paving, extending driveway

I have forgotten the gentleman's name that did our home in Etobicoke, he was great. He educated us on what he was going to do and why.

The price was competitive to the other popular paving company that does a lot of homes in the area. It has been two years and things are looking good. Our neighbor across the street went with more expensive guy, will see which driveway holds up over the years.

Why did I go with Ludwig, the man who both sold us and was on site during installation, and because they do commercial work, thus it gave me confidence I was getting industrial grade materials not something modified for home use.

JOHN in Toronto
JOHN in Toronto

asphalt paving

They came in late in year but according to them its ok. Paved drive, told them how I wamted the water to run and to keep grase away from my house

Wow, I have never seen a a contractor do the opposite of what they were told, I told them to grade away from my house, cuz I had eaves redone. They packed asphalt up against my house so no water would flow to it but I have a 70 ft drive now when it gets cold it freezes to ice 30ft from road where we get out of cars and walk like frankenstein to come into the house. They were instructed in how I wanted water to flow and did not do that, The asphalt was subgrade as I had my contractor in 2x after this was done and shook his head saying are you satisfied with this? Asphalt was no where smooth as it should , pitted everywhere, not done as I told them. i will be probably redoing it by someone else dont have time to fight with them

More about Ludwig Paving Co-

Established in 1979, Ludwig Paving has served Toronto and its surrounding area as paving contractors from the same location and phone number for over 30 years. Ludwig started out offering asphalt paving services and has since evolved into an almost full service outdoor hardscape company. Some of the many services it offers include asphalt paving, interlocking brick, precast concrete products, natural stone, landscape lighting, waterfalls, and almost anything in between. President, Joe Caramanna, is an artist, designer and published author. His articles on the paving industry have been featured in many trade publications across North America. He has been featured on Pat Foran's Consumer Alert on CTV News, the HGTV network and Q107 radio. Joe also works as a paving consultant helping owners design cost effective pavement and hardscape solutions that can endure our sometimes harsh Canadian winters.