Loc-Tite Interlocking

Interlocking Stone
138 Anderson Avenue Markham ON L6E 1A5
HomeStars  >  Interlocking Stone in Brampton  >  Loc-Tite Interlocking

Reviews for Loc-Tite Interlocking

Interlocking of Backyard, walk way and driveway.

As you can tell by my rating, my family and I are extremely happy with the work we have had done. We have used this company twice in the last year and recommended them to family and friends and all have had similar experiences. The work was neat and completed in time despite having rains that interrupted work days, the crew was very friendly and hardworking. Many neighbours commented on the good work when the job was completed. The owner himself worked on the job some days, made very useful recommendations, accommodated changes and also scheduled promptly and came back to attend to repairs/alterations. Good price, product and service. Thank you Loc-Tite for the amazing job!

maple
maple

interlocking and backyard patio

This is our 2nd time hiring this company. 1st time 14yrs ago they did a great job doing our driveway and front steps. Up until today the work was amazing even after such a long time. 14yrs later we decided to hire them again to upgrade our driveway as well as do work in our back yard. We called for estimate and Foti came to do our estimate & than he came 2nd time with some great ideas at which point we decided to sign contract with them.They start the job in May 17th the 1st part to set up the base was done in one day.
We had estimated completion time of July 10/2017 but due to unfortunate weather conditions it was raining all summer long. July 16th we were expecting guest come for a visit from Europe.
Every time i contacted LOC TITE i had conversations with Greg or he would call back and provide regular updates in terms of works being done and estimated completion time.
Greg or Foti would always talk to us or return our calls in timely manner. They were able to complete the job in front and back yard with in 2 days.
Crew of guys that came were supper friendly and efficient.
Upon completion no dirt or any kind of mess was left in and around our house- the crew did amazing job at cleaning up and it was like they were never here.
Any last minute requests or concerns we had were immediately addressed and/or correct by the team to our satisfaction.
At the end of the day we were very happy with work done in front and back yard.
All of our friends love new look of our front and back yard and are amazed at how fast and neat work was done.
Thank you.
Lily&Igor

1 review King City, ON

Worst contractor !

Very very bad workmanship and never ever respond to voice message a d never show up for all issues , total waste of money. Do not deal with them at all, only they have a salesman call Foti that he get his percentage and disappear forever. Terrible people ! Very bad job that after one season all interlocks cracks and open gaps and up and down !

Driveway interlocking

I Hired Loctite to do some interlocking work in my front yard for an additional car space in 2015. The salesperson who came for a quote was smooth and convincing, but after signing the contract and taking $400 Deposit I never heard back from him and was out of the picture. After many calls and many empty promises they started the job about 7 weeks late. The work was half decent, but after the first winter I noticed in some areas it was sinking. So I called and was told I was put on a repair list. Month after month I was told the same answer. I must of called on 8 occasions and emailed the owner directly and spoke with him personally, they never came to do the repairs.
I will definitely not recommend this company and I will not deal with them again.

Customer not happy in Markham
Customer not happy in Markham

Patio

I wish I knew of this website earlier could have saved some people the heart ache. Loctite is a terrible company to deal with. Had got my Patio and flower bed wall done a couple of years ago. Terrible job done. Had issues from the first month. Stones would move and shift. Stones would fall from the flower bed wall. Called company so many times forgot the exact number of times. Gave up after the rude operator told me that I would get a call back when someone would be ready to come so to stop calling. The owner never replied to the emails when we wrote through the website.
During the sale time we asked if we could get a discount as we were seniors and limited income. Salesperson said he could not charge tax if we gave cash. And we all know what that means. I did not agree to that. Last year got someone else to fix the patio. He showed us what was done wrong in the first place. It was small and easily would have avoided the warranty calls if Loctite would have paid attention to detail. With the last few weeks of temp change not a single stone has moved after we got another person to fix it.
From all the reviews looks like it is the same for a lot of people. Looks like all the good reviews are written by friends and family.
This is the type of company that gives contractors a bad name.
Don't go by the advertising and website. The crew is very in experienced and we did not see the owner come to the job even once. Hope more people read this review.

Really ripped me off

I am really disappointed in the final outcome of doing business with this company, here’s the low down:
Initial Design and Sales - Superb, Foti is well informed, considerate and knows what he is doing. He was clear and drew very clear design. I want to believe that he tries to do his best to convey what he needs to.
Scheduling - NIGHTMARE. As other reviewers have said, you get no notice. They come out and strip away your driveway, block the street and just dump material. For me the stripping away of the grading on the side of my home, led to flooding in the basement. I contacted Foti sent him pics, he said he would follow up with Greg. NADA nothing!
NO CONTACT - It is very difficult to get in touch, the phones are never answered and the e-mail that the owner provides gets you no response. For a guy on the road most of his days, I don’t know when he gets time to check his e-mail.
Installers are not professional, our job took a week and I had to ply the installers with lunch to do their job well on several occasions. yet they left caps unglued, left trash on site, did not do a thorough job of spreading the polymeric sand in spots.
River rock was not as discussed, dumped small stones with big stones and sand.
Grading and burying of drainage pipes is AWFUL. I am dealing with very disgruntled neighbours where they have my gutters pointing right into their home. A liability for me. I have contacted the office so many tomes. I have called (no pick up and no room to leave voicemail), contacted Foti and Gregg (with email he’s provided) pleading with no luck. I did get through to someone wonderful in the office but all I got was that I am on a list of repairs (that was last June, and this is following year March!)
My neighbours yard was messed up and nothing cleaned.

I am going to send a complaint everywhere I can if Greg does not come address the gutter issue and the grading of the river rock on the sides of our home in the next few weeks.

If I had to do it all over, I would not agree to go with them unless a substantial final payment was left to the end. I am optimistic that someone will reach out to me and try and correct this and if so, I would not hesitate to reconsider my review.

P.S. They started a job down the street from me and abandoned it and owners have used another company to finish up the work, when I spoke to them they have said they had 3 others who have experienced the same.

Looking forward to hearing from you Gregg!

Precise Tile & Contracting Inc. from Whitchurch-stouffville
Precise Tile & Contracting Inc. from Whitchurch-stouffville
2 reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Terrable people

I hired this despicable company in a barter. They would do my landscaping and I would preform thier tile work. They completed thier portion with many repairs to be done and promised to fix it as I was preforming the tile work. The agreement was to use my discount at a tile supplier in exchange for thier work which they saved $30k. Lily Nugent Greg wife added more tile work to thier Master Bathroom and needed more tile. The aggangement was to use the discount and pay cash for the product not to be put on my account. She put $3,600 worth of tile on my account without my consent we completed the work then I got the bill from my supplier. I asked to pay the bill and she proceeded to say she did not put it on my account she paid for it. I said no worries give me the bill I will bring it to my supplier and take care of the problem. Conveniently they don't have the bill. After almost one year of trying to recover my money which in a text Greg the owner said he would return they still have not.
People do yourself a favour, stay away from these people. You will have nothing but headaches and poor work at not a cheap price. SEE YOU IN COURT GREG AND LILT

Natalia Starwood
Natalia Starwood

Flagstone porch - issues with quality of the job

Update on Nov 27, 2017
I was emailing and calling to the company many times during my 1 year warranty period.
Gregg few times picked up my calls and said that would call back and never called.

Close to the end of the warranty period sides of the porch started falling off and fillings between tiles/ stones started to crumble and fall out, water from rain started going under the tiles.
So, since there was no response from the company at all, we had to hire a new contractor to redo entire porch. Since water started going under the tiles, there was no sense try to repair that poor-quality porch, just full redo.

In October, I made last attempt to call Gregg right after porch was redone to negotiate compensation as the porch of my dream now at the double price (paid for initial and paid for rework).
He answered on my call, said that would call back – and guess what - yes, no calls from him at all.

I talked to rep from The Ministry of Consumer Services – he suggested do not wait any longer to hear from the company, just to fail Small court claim.

That is where I am up to as of now.

===============================================

Update on March 15, 2017:
I have filed a complain to BBB.
BBB has made several attempts to contact the business regarding my complaint, however they have not received a response from the company. So my case has been closed and reported as UNANSWERED.

BBB suggested to contact The Ministry of Consumer Services to check if they will be able to assist with my complain.

So that is my next step unfortunately...

============================================================

I had work completed at the end of August 2016 on my front porch.
As a repeat customer, which has been happy with the quality of work completed on my interlocking bricks few years ago, I was expecting the same for the porch.
However, my expectations were NOT met. Job performed this time is the very low quality and now overall look of the porch is cheap and unprofessional, even thought we paid in full as per contract more than 4 K.

Few examples below:
• stones/ tiles stacked crookedly and not align horizontally, so in some areas when you step on it – you can feel by foot the edge that is sticking out
• steps overhang is not equal everywhere, there is a step where its not equal even within the same step – if it’s due to technical limitations – it needed to be discussed with me to find possible options instead of doing just for the sake of doing
• concrete filling between stones/tiles done in very poor quality – wide curves bumps in some areas (in most visible areas)
• vertical face plate on the bottom step on the most visible part of the step (the one that close to driveway and therefore most noticeable) is cut askew to bring the plate closer to the interlocking instead of offering to level up brick in interlocking

I contacted the sales person Foti immediately after, and had to wait for few days for him to come to inspect.
He did his inspection and I have not received any resolution. I have attempted to contact him without success. None of my phone calls have been returned by him.

I called to the office then and was told that should wait for few weeks to be placed on company’s repair list.
After 2 weeks of silence from the office, I found Gregg the owner’s email on Homestars website and emailed to him directly.

I was asking Gregg to come to access the quality of the job by himself and to discuss the resolution plan with me. Gregg replied saying that he would look into it.

Finally, 6 weeks later, not the owner but the subcontractor Jeff (who performed the job) came over.
He looked at what he had done and instead of being offered the resolution, I was blamed by him that I am too picky/ hard to satisfied customer and even if job would’ve been done perfectly, I still would not be happy. Ridiculous!! He pretty much acknowledged the poor quality by saying all that.

I called to the office to complain and finally Gregg came to my property. He took a look, agreed with few things, explained those cannot be reworked and promised to be back within a week with Jeff , so 3 of us could come to the final agreement about the resolution.

3 emails to Gregg since he came with no replies from him , at least 10 useless phone calls to the office.

Yes, all my phone calls are answered by nice lady Ashley, but she is not able to provide any details as fully depended on Gregg to give her the instructions. All she was promising to me is to call to Gregg and get back to me if any news/ changes on my file.

Last update from her yesterday (November 16th ) – there are no updates on my file and repair day is still not scheduled. And now I believe it will not even be scheduled as it’s snow on the forecast for this Sunday November 20th.

In past, Foti has sent several potential customers to my house for the demo and I gave them my best references and wows about the company.
It's just now I am very frustrated and upset as cannot understand what prevented them from doing a proper job for me this time and WHY, now 2.5 months later, I still do not know if there is a plan to fix the things.

I will never use this company again nor recommend them.

Review has 1 previous version
Arshad in Markham
Arshad in Markham
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Patio in the backyard, Patio stones and river rocks on the side

I would recommend this company if you would like the following:
1) Low Price
2) Substandard work like stones not set in level (when brought to the notice of the installer the blame was put in the stones) ,coping for wall and stairs not glued (when asked was told that they do not need to be glued), no clean up before the polymeric sand is done so then you see stone chips in the sand
3) Chipped stones not replaced until you bring it to the installers notice
4) Not knowing when the work will start. Work starts without you being informed even though the office mentioned that they would call at least 24 hour before they start.
5) Without being informed material is dumped on your property weeks before the work starts (hazard for me as it blocked my view for oncoming traffic). Then a big bin placed on the street which caused a similar hazard.
6) None of your calls are returned or emails replied to. Speak to the owner (Gregg) only when you ask the crew to stop the work or when the last payment is not ready. Owner calls you from a blocked number
7) Installers come one Saturday afternoon to leave their tools saying they will start on Monday. They do not show up till Wednesday
8) Not flexible in case you need a change even though it was conveyed verbally to the owner (Gregg)
9) Promises made by the salesman (Foti) only partially honored.
10) Damage to your property (my fence post was damaged when they must have brought in the excavator)
11) Change made to the color of the stone by customer before the work started is honored
12) Cleanup not thorough
13) No pride in workmanship. Fixing things yourself after the job is done to make the job look neat. Like the fabric below the river rocks fixing it so that it does not pop out, cleaning the joints of the patio stones to remove the small stones that are left in the joints, filling the polymeric sand in spots that were missed.
14) River rock not as discussed. All small stones mixed with the big ones.
15) No response for the warranty work. (at time of posting it was 7 business days since I wrote to the owner and 5 business days since I had called the office)

Hi Arshad from Markham

Many of these problems were you're doing my friend and you know that. every time the guys got work done you and your wife would take it all apart and redo it. I had to beg the crew to stay and finish the job. they were so frustrated by the end of it. you are very difficult person to work with. Yes I agree with you it may have been a problem in communication for that I apologize. You were well aware of the material being delivered as a matter fact you stood there and watched me unloaded off the truck in the morning As far as damage to your post yes we brought an excavator in the back I explain that to your wife the post may get damaged it should be moved I also spoke to you on the phone regarding it with the same conversation that you should move it in case it gets damaged. As you know the post was very old and frail and rotted out of. Worked around it the best we could when we left it was still standing we have not brought an excavator in that backyard that job would've cost you double to dig it by hand. You were made aware of all of this before I started. You made several changes on the job and we were very flexible. there is a balance outstanding on your job you refuse to pay the HST there will be no warranty extended to you until the contract is paid in full as a matter fact we're in the process of filing smalls claims court action against you.

Furthermore I am in contact with my lawyer I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against you for several hundred thousand dollars for you slandered my company many of these remarks that you made are simply untrue I can prove it

govern yourself accordingly

Gregg Nugent

Ellie in Scarborough
Ellie in Scarborough

Landscaping

I had work completed in July 2016 for work on my front porch. This experience was frustrating, first it's a salesman who estimates and provides drawing, your 10% deposit goes directly to him. The person completed both mine and mothers Jo's is a sub contractor for this company. Called week after week since May and when they finally showed up no notice was ever provided. There were several issues and assumptions made but the contracter and he sent me away to trust him. In the end most of the work is fine but I have a distinct slope in which a step should have been added. I have sent Greg the owner 2 emails to come see my job with no response. This company hires out jobs and does not inspect the finished product

I would not recommend

Hi Ellie

I have been to your property on two occasions nobody is ever there.

I'm sorry but I see nothing wrong with the slope it has to be slopped away from the house if the step was installed in that area the water would drain back to the house which would form ice in the winter and become hazardous for people walking. If you have any further concerns please contact me directly on my email [email protected]

Gregg

More about Loc-Tite Interlocking

Loc-Tite Interlocking has been synonymous with elegant, high quality workmanship for over 20 years. Our products are all manufactured from the highest quality materials, and offer proven durability for life. Our crews go through rigorous training and certification to ensure the quality of their work meets our high standards. We ...