La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

anderson102530 in Pitt Meadows
anderson102530 in Pitt Meadows
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Power recliner

Purchased power recliner at Coquitlam store less than a year later the PLASTIC parts controlling the lift mechanism shattered rendering the chair useles, took appr 4 months to have repaired. One year latter same problem again but this time store ignoring problem after token contact with customer service ( and with lazyboy I use this term very loosely. I did notice that the lower construction/support/mounting assembly is particle board.So much for the hardwood construction.If you are looking for overpriced,substandard work, and nonexistent service by all means shop at Lazyboy Coquitlam.Too bad,it used to be a quality product.

Christine in Edmonton
Christine in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Busted on delivery

Long story short. This company had admitted their product is garbage. They are so far behind on emails - they are over 2 weeks behind. In a city of 800k people. Your furniture must be cheap to have over two weeks of built up emails in your warranty department built up. I bought new, it was delivered broken, and they will only fix. Not replace. Had I wanted something to fix - I would have bought off kijiji and saved thousands on my wallet. Avoid this place if you can.

Cathy in Port Coquitlam
Cathy in Port Coquitlam
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

La-Z-Boy Beckett Recliner - Fabric Deteriorated

We bought two Beckett recliners for $1250 each. After 2.5 years of normal use, the fabric on one of them started deteriorating. The fabric warranty is only a year, so it wasn't covered, but the store did send us $80 towards a slipcover to hide the damage. Very disappointed in the performance of this chair.

Bill in Port Alberni
Bill in Port Alberni
1 review Port Alberni, BC

Worst purchase of my life

My suite of furniture came from the factory poorly built and grossly misshaped. It had to go back and rebuilt and is so uncomfortable, I have never used it and I am forced to use an old chair as my only usable piece of furniture. Their guarantee is Noga's and the quality is so poor I can't believe it. Do not buy from this company ever.

If I hadn't just bought this junk for the price I did, I would definitely throw it out. The old stuff I gave away was so superior.

Botlhale in Shelburne
Botlhale in Shelburne
1 review Ottawa, ON

$5000 worth leather couches extremely faded in just 3 years and La-z-boy says it's just normal aging

When we bought our new home 3 years ago, we visited a la-z-boy store in Ottawa to look for living room furniture. When we got there, they recommended that their designer visits our home for "free" so that they can recommend the right furniture. We took that offer, worked with the designer and she ended up recommending very specific furniture (3 seater leather couch, 1 seat leather couch, 2 1 seat couches) that looked very good overall. We also purchased their 5 year extended plan (supposed to cover cleaning and common damages) for about $300.

Less than 1 year owning the couches, we already had to call the store because the 3 seater leather couch had already faded. They replaced the part that was faded because apparently it was in the 1 year warranty time.

3 years in, the 3 seater couch is completely faded. When I called the store about it, they started asking me questions about what I used to maintain it, I told them the chemicals they gave us complimentary when we bought the couches. Right then, when I said chemicals, their customer service rep, jumps in and says chemicals, that's what damaged it, and i told her, I didn't use anything else other than what you gave me, it was obvious they are looking very much for an out, really anything they can point at to say it's the customer's fault. Once that didn't work they tried to say it's normal aging.

At that point I asked for the La-z-boy main office contact to report my case to them. In all this also, as I talked to the store, I asked for communication on the service call they had already done at my house to observe the couch, and they sent me an email about somebody else's account, at that point I asked them if they were even looking at my account. They said it was a mistake, which didn't make a lot of sense.

I contacted their main office, opened a case number, it seemed like their main office was going to do something. After over 2 weeks after the case was open, I get a call from the local store offering me 25% on any item in their store, I told them 25% is a normal offer you will receive during a sale and that I was not looking to buy new furniture, rather I want my furniture fixed. I talked to their head office and they told me that's the only offer they can give.

Basically, La-z-boy advertises itself as this rather good quality product store, and they will charge you good $ for it, and their head office stands behind that it's normal wear and tear to have your over $5000 furniture completely worn out in less than 3 years. Before buying la-z-boy furniture, I had a 3 seater $800 bonded leather couch from another furniture store that lasted over 3 years and I only got rid of it because I thought i was getting a quality product from La-z-boy. This place is simply a sham if they are willing to stand behind that their expensive couches are only good for 3 years

Sandy Holinaty  in
Sandy Holinaty in
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Leather sofa and loveseat

A few months after purchase, cushions started to go flat. Now after 6 years of very gentle use, the colour is peeling off. We had purchased the gold extended warranty just to find out this is not covered. We were told they would cover stains, which would have been our fault but not the peeling colour which would be poor quality from the manufacturer. Very disappointed with Lazyboy and very cynical about ever purchasing extended warranty again. ( we never will as it added well over $300 to the cost of the purchase) it is an absolute farce! Our previous leather sofa looked like new yet at this age, and we take great care with our furniture and we have no children at home nor do we have pets.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

sofa

We ordered a loveseat size sofa in September(CUSTOM MADE...they said!!) When it arrived the front panels were bunched up, and seams not straight. End sections have bunches also. Repair tech came, and said wrong parts had been sent to replace. So many calls with customer service, they sent new sofa finally in January. Just as bad! Poor quality, cardboard behind front panel. Took to our own upholstery person to replace with plywood. He will repair, and come to our home to replace and correct. Never again Lazy Boy!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Should Have Listened to the Reviews

Bought our LazBoy furniture in November and promised delivery before Christmas, should have asked what Christmas. Due Dec 06, followed up and told it was shipped Dec 02 but can't track the truck ? LazBoy told it was stuck in the mountains or at the border ? Do they really think their customers are that naive ? Bottom line it arrived 5 weeks late and was defective, now waiting another 6 weeks for parts. Save yourself money and frustration , buy elsewhere !

Service is Awful!

Bought a beautiful custom couch- one side shea lounger, other side recliner. When it arrived, the side with the recliner looked like it was going to fall apart. The delivery guys said "that's how it's made". We went back to the store on Queensway/Kipling and they told us to call the service department because it shouldn't look like that (they showed us the floor model and it didn't have any issues). We also paid for the warranty. When I called for service, the lady on the phone already commented that nothing will happen but they'll send someone over. Whenever someone from service tried to make an appointment, they offer a small window during the middle of the business day. The couch was delivered in September, it's January and still haven't been able to have a service call because lazy boy will not accommodate our work schedule. We even let them know we had 2 weeks off and they wouldn't make an appointment in that time period. It's either take a day off of work or forget about it altogether. In addition to trying to get this recliner fixed either later in the afternoon/early evening/weekend, after only 3 months of using this couch the cushions are already flattening out! Will not be outfitting the rest of our house from lazyboy.

bwinn in Montreal
bwinn in Montreal
1 review Simcoe County, ON

La-Z-Boy Recliner rocker and recliner couch

DO NOT BUY, Falls apart in 3 years - warranty useless pertaining to cushions, wooden frames, frames break, mechanisms fail, service people only do mechanisms (which any putz with a modicum of sense and some tools can do)