Knox Insulation & Roofing

Bret in Barrie
Bret in Barrie
1 review BARRIE, ON

Insulated Attic and installed venting

Knox insulated 2 homes for me, one I live in and one we rent, the best thing about them is that they showed up when they said, did what they said, cleaned up and you would not have known they were there if you had not seen them.
Our own home has improved in comfort and heating bills have fallen at least 20%. No complaints from the rental now either.
They were referred and are a very good choice.

Brad in Stouffville
Brad in Stouffville
1 review Stouffville, ON

Attic Insulation

Instead of simply "doing a job" they ensured it was what I needed ! They recommended a home audit, before they did any work, which overall saved me $$$! They were prompt, clean, and did an excellent job. Would definitely recommend them.

Linda and Doug in Scarboro
Linda and Doug in Scarboro

additional attic insulation and vents

We found Knox Insulation in the Yellow Pages. They were 1 of 3 companies that we called for estimates. From our initial phone call to the completion of the job, we were totally impressed with the prompt, courteous, and professional job. And their price was MUCH better than the other companies. We would highly recommend Knox Insulation. It is rare to get such great service today!!!!

DAT Newmarket
DAT Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Attic insulation retrofit

They came, they did the work, they cleaned, they left. Knox added insulation to our attic and we have now turned our thermostat down 2 degrees. I new it would make a difference but not this much.

athome in Etobicoke
athome in Etobicoke
1 review Sherrills Ford, NC

attic insulation

Friends of mine were price comparing and they came across Knox Insulation. My friends gave me a few of the names of the companies that they had researched. I called Knox first and spoke to Kent. He refered me a company to do an energy audit, that I was aware of but was not sure about the benefits. He quickly explained about the benefits and I followed his suggestion. I booked the audit, and 4 days later I booked the insulation. Because of that I've already saved money. Now Existing in my attic was pink insulation. I wanted to remove it but I have a 2mth old baby and a 2 yr old, which take up alot of time and I wasn't able to get all of it out. Kyle and another guy came on the day and happily, helped me remove the rest of the pink insulation. Unfortunetly due to unforseen trouble, we had to reschedule in the middle of removing the pink insulation. they were great about it and reschedule me on the spot for 2 days later. They came back did some more final touch ups and also helped with an exhaust fan duct instal. They were clean, professional and friendly.
I will recommend them to anyone that I know that needs this type of service.

Tom in South Riverdale
Tom in South Riverdale

Soundproofing

This is the second property Knox's has done soundproofing in the floor between two units for me in a house. The guys work hard and fast drilling holes in the floor and filling the space between each joist with the cellulose. They cleaned up. The only thing they missed was filling the holes up with spray foam which I did after a quick trip to the hardware store. When you then add a nice thick underpad and carpet you pretty much eliminate voice and tv sounds between apts.

Mary in Newmarket
Mary in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

add insulation to attic and fix icicle problem

I used Knox Insulation in my Victorian farm house in the 1990s. He did the job we agreed on promptly and efficiently. I needed him for an emergency roof leak in my new house in 2006 when a monsoon rain caused a leak. He came the next day to diagnose and solve the problem. This year, in the new house, I had the attic insulation topped up and an icicle trouble diagnosed and fixed. He has always been reliable, professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him. Yes, dust covers would have been nice but if I had thought of them I could have provided some myself. Insulation, realistically, is messy stuff.

Lynn - Toronto
Lynn - Toronto

Attic Insulation

I found Knox Insulation in the phone book. I chose to call them based on the fact they had been in business for over 30 years. Kent called me back immediately and came over to quote on the job that afternoon. He took the time to explain the job thoroughly and completely gained my trust during our brief conversation. I normally shop around for big purchases but I knew that Kent's quote was in the ball park and I felt he would do a very thorough job, he even offered to fix my attic hatch which I though I would have to do myself. He came the following week to do the work, and did a very good job and left a clean job site. I would reccommend this company to anyone and would definitely call again. Two other things impressed me, aside from the work. He called ahead to say he would be late and he asked permission before leaving a sign on my lawn...two courtesies I have yet to encounter in a contractor. Thank You Kent.

Carla from North York
Carla from North York

Installing attic insulation

Very prompt at returning my calls and answering my questions before I booked them for the job. The owner sent his son to do the work. He showed up 2 hours early and we weren't ready for him. He didn't bring any cloths. We had to cover our computer and furniture with our own sheets. They didn't bring baffles or insulation to top the access hatch with. I had to cut out pieces from a box I had in the garage to fit around the access opening. When he blew in the insulation, he left a HUGE MESS ALL OVER the house, not just in the room with the attic access hatch. When I asked him to clean it up the mess before he left, he said "we don't have the supplies for that". I was extremely disappointed, especially considering that I had a 2 month old baby in the house. I called the office after they left to voice my concerns, but no one answered the phone and no one ever called me back. I paid a little more to have them come than I would have for another company and I was very disappointed with the service. I do not recommend using this company.

Dear Carla, In response to your complaint. I was honestly unaware of your dissatisfaction. In 32 years we have completed over 4,000 insulation jobs and we take any complaint very seriously. If there is anything I can do to make you happy, please call me at 416-361-0720.

Sincerely,
Kent Knox

More about Knox Insulation & Roofing

Attic Insulations

With over THIRTY-FOUR years in business, Knox Insulation & Roofing has built an enviable reputation by employing fully licensed professionals, and by utilizing quality industry recognized products, and also by providing the highest level of service resulting in total customer satisfaction.

Whether your home improvement plans include attics, garages, roofs, or walls, Knox Insulation & Roofing has the expertise to provide you with permanent energy savings. Also, Knox Insulation & Roofing will provide all the information necessary for you to take advantage of the numerous government rebates currently available. These government-assisted programs allow Ontario residents to permanently reduce energy costs, while helping to promote overall energy conservation programs.

Kyle Love